Skeletons

012

Image


Falyn had decided that she was going to tell her daughter the truth. She was going to tell her who her father was and why she'd ran away from Charming and why she'd never told anyone except her father and Donna.

But first, she was going to spend the whole day with Savannah to prepare herself. She was going to show her around town and take her places and just ignore the people who gave her confused looks.

After breakfast, she went upstairs and took a quick shower while Savannah watched tv downstairs. She dried her hair and applied some light makeup to make herself presentable before pulling on her clothes for the day. She was just pulling on her leather jacket when she heard Savannah call her from the living room.

She hurried down the stairs as fast as her heels would allow but as soon as she reached the landing, she froze on the spot. He was sitting in the oversized leather chair, his back to her and his head in his hands. When he heard her heels hit the hard wood floors, he stood up quickly and sighed as he finally met her eyes.

"What are you doing here, Ope?" she asked, her voice wavering. Just like that, something as simple as the wrong person answering the door, he had found out her secret. Her eyes began to tear up, just from the look on his face. He looked so....disappointed. Hurt. Maybe even betrayed.

Savannah looked between the two adults, confused as to what was going on. She knew there was something wrong, just by the way her mother was acting but she didn't know what. Wasn't this the same man who'd brought her home on his bike not too long ago? Her mother had said they were friends, hadn't she?

After a long moment of silence, he finally spoke. "Clay wants to see you."

Falyn groaned inwardly. Of course Filip had told the Club what she had accidentally let slip the night before. If it involved the feds, they had to know about it. She resigned herself to go and talk to Clay, but to leave out the blackmail part of her conversation with Agent Stahl. There would be no harm done there. "Okay." She glanced at Savannah, who was still standing behind the sofa confused. "Sav, will you be alright for an hour or so?"

Savannah seemed to gather that this was something important and she nodded her head. "Of course, Mom. Just go. We can hang out later."

Falyn send her an apologetic smile before following Opie to the door. He walked outside, but she turned back to her daughter one more time. "I love you, kid."

"Love you too, Mom."

Opie wasn't even giving her the option to drive her car to Teller-Morrow. He was already on his bike, helmet strapped on, and another in his hands waiting to give it to her. She took it cautiously and fastened the strap under her chin before climbing on behind him. He took off and sped down the driveway and she could tell just from his driving that he was upset.

Every spot but one was filled with bikes when they arrived on the lot. He took off toward the clubhouse first and she quickly followed after him. Just before he opened the door, she called his name timidly.

He spun around to face her, a look of pure anger on his face. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

She wasn't a big fan of angry Opie. He was pretty scary and she didn't like the fact that she had been the one who made him this way. "I couldn't," she lamely offered.

"That's bullshit. You couldn't trust me any more than that?" They had once been the kind of friends who had no secrets. They told each other everything. It was only a plus that he was dating her best friend at the time.

She didn't attempt to offer him an explanation. After all, there wasn't one. Instead she fumbled out a request. "Please don't tell Jax," she choked out pathetically.

Opie stared down at her for a moment before shaking his head and turning his back on her, going into the clubhouse and leaving her alone outside. She took a moment to compose herself before she opened the door and stepped insisde, the dim lighting a stark contrast from the bright sun outside.

Her name was called from the far corner of the room and she turned her head to see Opie holding one of the large double doors open, pointing inside. "Church. Now." She swallowed hard as she made her way over to him and he pushed her inside the chapel before stepping inside himself and taking his usual seat between his father and Chibs.

Once he was seated, everyone looked to Clay to begin. He casually lit his cigar and took a drag from it before he finally looked up at her. "I understand you had a little chat with the feds yesterday." She wasn't sure if she was the only one who picked up on his accusatory tone and she didn't like it one bit.

"I got a message on our machine asking me to come to the station. Charming PD had no idea why I'd been called in. While they were trying to find out, this haughty bitch came in-"

"Stahl?" Jax guessed.

Falyn nodded. "Yeah. She sat me down, started asking me all these questions. Mainly about my childhood, growing up, Davey. Then she pulled out this file on me. She said they'd had me under surveillance since I got into town. Had pictures of me with Opie, Jax, Filip, even Lowell. She told me to 'use my connections' to get her some information on SAMCRO."

"But you didn't tell her anything."

"Of course not. The only shit I know is ancient history and even if that wasn't true, I wouldn't have given her anything. I'm not a rat, Clay." As the last words left her mouth, she glanced down at the Scotsman sitting next to where she was standing. He turned his head to look back at her but she immediately dropped her gaze, unable to make eye contact with him.

"I know." Clay sat there for a moment, rubbing his chin before he finally nodded. "Alright, Prospect, escort the lady home," he commanded, taking a drag from his cigar.

The prospect immediately jumped up and hurried around the table to the door, which he opened to let her walk out first. When the door closed behind them, Jax looked around the table before focusing on his stepfather. "I believe her."

"Course. She ain't lying," Clay agreed.

"Aye. But she ain't tellin' the whole truth," Chibs admitted, leaning forward in his chair. Opie's posture stiffened next to him but no one seemed to notice because they were all staring at Chibs in confusion.

"What're you talkin' about?"

"Last night. She specifically used the word blackmail."

Jax looked at the older man confused. "What the fuck would the feds have on Falyn to use for blackmail?"

"Juice?"

Everyone at the table turned their heads to him and he immediately nodded. "I'm on it."

"Good," Clay affirmed, banging the gavel down hard against the wooden table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Falyn's outfit is here.

So thoughts? comments? criticisms?

P.S. I started a new Juice story. You can find it here if you're interested! :)