Skeletons

019

Image


Falyn knew that she would eventually have to talk about things with David. At the very least, she owed him an explanation for what happened, and definitely an apology. Her father had taken Savannah fishing with him again, which gave her the perfect opportunity.

She went by his house first but there were no vehicles in the driveway so she continued on through town to the police station. It wasn't extremely busy given that it was the middle of the day. She saw a blonde woman that had also attended her high school, but was a few years younger than she was. She didn't know that the woman had become a police officer, but then again, there were a lot of things she missed while she was gone.

"Hey, Candy. Is Davey in?"

"Oh, hey Falyn. Yeah, he's in his office. End of the hallway."

"Thanks," she said, giving the woman a polite smile as she passed by her to walk down the hallway. She looked down at her cell phone for only a brief second but she bumped into someone, sending the phone flying out of her hands. "Oh, I'm sorry," she apologized as she bent down to pick up her phone from the floor. The man beat her to it and he handed it back to her with a smirk. She recognized him as one of the men that Jacob Hale had introduced her to awhile ago.

"Quite alright, Miss Fitzpatrick," he replied, giving her the once-over before walking past her toward the front of the station. She shuddered, wondering how he knew her name as she continued on down the hallway and she found Chief Unser standing in the doorway to Davey's office.

"Hey there, Falyn," he greeted her. "How's your Dad?"

"I'd say he's doing pretty well. Took the kid fishing this morning." She situated her bag on her shoulder and took a glance over to Davey where he sat behind his desk, looking at her curiously. Probably wondering what the hell she was doing there.

Unser shook his head. "What I wouldn't give to trade lives with that man."

"Oh, it's not as great as it seems. He has to put up with me."

"But you, my dear, are a delight."

She chuckled as she patted him on the shoulder. "You're too sweet, old man."

An awkward silence took over the room and Unser glanced between the two of them before clearing his throat. "Alright, well I'm gonna let you two-....I'm just gonna-....Yeah." He turned on his heel and walked out of the office, leaving Falyn and Davey to stare silently at each other.

"I, uh, don't know if you're busy, but I was hoping we could talk. Maybe grab some lunch?"

"Y-yeah. Sure, yeah," he stuttered out in agreement. "I could use a break." He got up from his desk and she followed him down the hall and out of the police station after telling Candy that he was taking his lunch. The diner was only two blocks from there so they set off walking.

"So that Zobelle guy- he a friend of yours?"

"Not quite," he muttered. "You know him?"

"No, not really. Jacob introduced me."

"Jacob? When did you see him?"

She sighed heavily as she pulled her sunglasses back down over her eyes. "I had the displeasure of running into him a few weeks ago."

"Displeasure is an understatement," he scoffed.

"I see your contempt for your big brother hasn't changed over the years."

"Just like he hasn't changed."

"So who is that guy anyway? Jacob just said they were new in town."

"They're white hate, Falyn."

"You mean, like....supremacists?"

"Exactly. And they want to bring down SAMCRO."

"Why?" She wasn't sure why some white supremacist group would have a problem with the Sons. After all, they were somewhat racists themselves. They didn't even allow blacks into the Club.

"Cause they do business with color," he grumbled bitterly. It was obvious just by his tone of voice that these people disgusted him. She'd gotten that same feeling just by being in their presence, not even knowing what they were all about.

She shuddered at the thought of the taller one that had been with Zobelle and Jacob at the diner and the creepy smirk on his face. "So basically they're bad news. Anything I should be worried about with Savannah?"

"As far as I know, they're just out for the guys. But I guess you can't be too careful, considering whose kid she is."

"Yeah," she mumbled. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

"It's not necessary, Falyn, really. I'd rather not open up that door."

"But I owe you an explanation. An apology." He stopped walking and turned his head to look at her. She stopped in her tracks, watching him carefully as he worked out what to say in his head.

"I don't want it. It was a long time ago and we should just forget about it." He sighed heavily and ran his hand over his hair as he glanced behind him down the street. "I gotta go. I just remembered something I have to do."

"But-"

"I'll see you later, Falyn."

He walked away from her, back down the street in the direction of the station, leaving her standing alone in front of the diner, confused and worried.

+++


The wrap party at CaraCara was in full swing and Chibs had enjoyed his time with Luann Delaney's lovely actresses, but after a few hours he found himself bored. He left the warehouse and jumped onto his motorcycle, knowing immediately where he was headed. He was going on the off chance that she would be there.

When he arrived at the sketchy old bar on the outskirts of Charming, he shoved the door open and stepped inside. It was around eleven so there were people everywhere. He instantly spotted her sitting at the corner of the bar, a glass of whiskey in her hand and a frown on her face. He moved through the crowded mass of people and she caught the movement in her peripheral vision when he approached her.

"You look tired," she commented as he slid onto the bar stool next to hers.

"Busy day," he replied, motioning for the bartender and the man poured him a glass of the same whiskey Falyn was drinking.

"I'm sure it was."

"What're you doin' here?"

"What's it look like I'm doing?" she retorted, taking a sip of her drink.

"Well, someone's in a bad mood," he quipped.

She glared at the glass grasped in her hand. "Did you just come here to harrass me? Because I was really enjoying drinking alone."

He chuckled. "More fun with other people, love."

"If you say so."

"Aye, I do."

Eventually, she gave up on trying to make him leave because it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere. She was beginning to enjoy the ongoing flirtation between the two of them. He was constantly making comments about her and hooking up with her. Even back on the day of Donna's funeral, he'd made a comment about it.

"You tryin' to pick me up, Filip?" she asked, amused.

"Maybe," he muttered with a smirk.

She had only been joking but now that he had admitted to it, she was somewhat unsure of what to say next. The only thing that flooded her mind was one question and it rolled off her tongue before she could stop it. "Why would you want me?" She mentally slapped herself as the question hung in the air for a long moment.

He quirked an eyebrow at her. "Why not?"

She shrugged her shoulders and downed the contents of her glass, prompting the bartender to refill her glass. "I don't know. I'm-.....Jax's baby momma." She chuckled to herself and shook her head. "Jesus Christ, that sounds so white trash."

"You ain't his old lady," he reasoned. "Ain't no reason Jacky Boy should have anythin' to do with you n' me."

"I have a kid waiting for me. I can't just go home with some guy from the bar."

"You got Craig there." She bit her bottom lip to keep her smirk from appearing on her face. He seemed to really be interested in the idea of the two of them spending the night together.

She looked straight at him for the first time since he came in and that's when she noticed the bright pink lipstick marks that littered the skin of his neck . He had rubbed most of it off of his cheek, leaving only a faint smear. She chuckled as she finished her drink and stood up from the barstool, taking out some cash from her pocket and dropping it onto the bar.

She reached up to touch the smudge of pink still on his cheek and then held up her hand so that he could see the glossy substance. "Looks like you've had all the company you can handle tonight, babe. Maybe some other time." She wiped the lipstick on her hand onto the leg of his jeans and turned to exit the bar, leaving him sitting there half drunk and alone.

He should've just stayed with the porn stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Falyn's outfit.

Thanks for reading, you guys! :)