Skeletons

022

Image


After spending less than ten minutes on the phone with her father, letting him know everything that had happened since he left, he had already announced that he was coming home early and that he would be taking the next flight home.

As soon as she hung up the phone with him, she couldn't resist dialing Tara to ask about the state of Filip's condition. She was informed that he was still critical, but that if the swelling on his brain went down, his life wouldn't be at risk. He wasn't awake yet so she decided to wait to go and visit him.

Neither Jax nor Tara had been back to the house yet, which left Falyn and Savannah alone with baby Abel. The nanny Neeta had gone home when they returned the night before and Falyn told her she didn't have to come in since she and Savannah would be at the house all day. Savannah was obviously enjoying spending the time with her baby brother; she was either holding him or playing with him for the majority of the day.

Falyn was reading a book and Savannah was sitting in the floor next to Abel where he lay on his blue blanket when there was a knock on the door. Falyn got up from the sofa and quickly retrieved Jax's gun from her purse before walking over to the door and slowly cracking it open. She let out a sigh of relief and opened it all the way when she saw her father standing on the steps, his suitcase behind him.

"Hey, baby," he greeted, wrapping his only child in a hug. "How're you feeling?"

"I'm still a little sore, but I'm fine."

"Are you?" he asked, spotting the heavy piece in her hand and taking it from her to look at it.

"Jax gave it to me. He's been out doing Club shit all night and so far today. He's supposed to have the prospect meet me over at the house later on-- help clean up. It's a mess, Dad. I'm so sorry."

"That's nothing we can't fix. I'm just glad you two are okay."

He gave her a light kiss on the temple and walked farther into the house to see his granddaughter curled up on the floor next to the baby boy. She jumped up with a grin when she saw him and ran over to throw her arms around his waist, hugging him tightly.

Craig sat down on the sofa next to his daughter while Savannah went back to focusing on her baby brother. "So have you heard anything on Chibs?"

"Tara said he's still critical, but if the swelling on his brain goes down, he should be fine. He's still unconscious right now so I thought I'd wait til he's awake to go and see him."

Craig nodded thoughtfully, not missing the look on her face as she spoke about the Scotsman. He sensed the same on the night Chibs had brought her home after a night of them drinking together, and a few times after that, like the day of Donna's funeral. Now she was making plans to go and visit him in the hospital.

It was nearing Abel's nap time so when he began to get fussy, Savannah carefully picked him up and handed him to her mother. Falyn swayed him back and forth very gently in her arms to get him to quiet down and within minutes, the baby boy was sleeping peacefully. Savannah turned the tv on while Craig went back to his conversation with his daughter.

"So where are we on this whole break-in thing?"

Falyn glanced over at the loveseat, making sure her daughter wasn't listening before she answered. "I don't think I should tell Jax it was them. I mean, those guys just tried to blow up Filip yesterday. If I say something, it's just going to make things worse and SAMCRO is already on the edge. I'm afraid of what they might do."

"Clay's a smart man, but he's got a huge temper. They're probably working on retaliation anyway, after what happened to Chibs."

She sighed and shook her head. "I just don't want to have any part in it."

Her phone vibrated on the coffee table in front of her and Craig handed it to her since she couldn't reach it with Abel sleeping in her arms. "Hey, Jax," she said quietly, not wanting to wake the baby.

"Sack's on his way."

"Alright. Thanks."

"No problem. Hey, be careful," he warned her.

"Mhmm. You too." The phone clicked and she shook her head as she looked down at the screen. "The prospect's on his way to the house so I guess we should go." She began to stand up gently but her father stood up quickly, holding out his hand for her to stop.

"No, don't worry about it. I'll go. You can stay here with the kids."

"Are you sure?"

"You just keep that gun close by."

She nodded her head silently as her father left the house, waking the baby in her arms as he shut the door behind him. Abel began to cry, but she simply rocked him back and forth very gently and he drifted off back to sleep in no time.

It was just getting dark when Tara finally arrived back at the house, apologizing profusely for being gone all day. Falyn handed the baby over to her, insisting that she didn't mind taking care of Abel because he was such a good baby. After she retrieved hers and Savannah's bags from the bedroom, leaving Jax's gun on the dresser, she put them into the car and they said goodbye before heading home.

The prospect had already left by the time they got there and the house was returned to its normal state, minus a few missing vases and picture frames that had been broken during the home invasion. The dog bounded down the stairs to greet them as they came in and each set their bag down. Falyn was still thankful for the german shepherd that had attacked the men who broke into the house two nights before.

The three had a nice, quiet dinner together before Falyn was forced to take a seat while her father and daughter washed the dishes. The phone rang and Savannah quickly answered it, holding it to her ear with her shoulder as she dried a pot. "Yes ma'am, she's right here. Hold on one second," she said politely then slid the phone across the counter top to her mother.

Falyn picked up the phone warily. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby."

"Gemma? Is everything okay?" she asked tentatively. Gemma wasn't one to call just to chat; that meant there was something going on.

"The boys are in County."
♠ ♠ ♠
Falyn's outfit.

WE REACHED 100 SUBSCRIBERS! THANKS SO MUCH, YOU GUYS!

:)