Skeletons

023

Image


Falyn spent all morning and early afternoon doing laundry and tidying up the house before taking a long bubble bath and giving herself a manicure. After she dried her hair and got dressed, she put on some makeup to cover her still slightly bruised eye. It was no longer a dark purple, but now it was a yellowish green. Luckily, with a bit of makeup, it was easily covered.

She sat at the kitchen table, sipping on a cup of coffee as she read a magazine. Craig and Savannah had just left for a few hours of quality grandfather/granddaughter time, which left Falyn at home with no plans for the afternoon.

A knock on the front door took her attention from the advertisement for Impeccable Smokes that she had been staring at for almost ten minutes, thinking about all the trouble that its owner had caused in her small town. She got up from the table and went to answer the door, somewhat surprised when she saw that it was David standing on the other side.

"Oh hey, Davey. Come on on," she said with a smile, moving out of the doorway to give him room to walk past her.

"You sure you're not busy? Looks like you were about to go out."

"Oh, nope," she laughed, leading the way into the kitchen. He sat down at the table in the seat directly across from her. "Want some coffee?"

"Sure," he agreed. David watched quietly as she poured a cup from the half full pot on the counter before returning to the table with it, setting it in front of him as she took her seat and took a sip of her own.

"So how are you feeling?" he asked after a few moments of silence.

Falyn smiled, setting her cup onto to table. "Better. No soreness anymore really. I still have some bruises, but they're fading." The ones covering her ribs had disappeared seemingly overnight along with the pain she'd had there. "It's my mind that needs some help."

"What do you mean?"

"I just really don't know what to tell Savannah. The guys were arrested for busting in, guns blazing, to a fucking Christian family dinner. I mean, she knows he does illegal shit, but she doesn't know it's shit like this." She shook her head at the ridiculousness of the event and rose from her chair to go over to the cupboard and get two glasses before grabbing the Jameson bottle and returning to her seat. David watched her intently as she poured them both a glass and then downed hers all at once.

He picked up his own glass and took a sip from it before exhaling loudly. "It wasn't his fault." Falyn's eyebrows rose in question and he leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't want to do anything to make Jax look better, but at the same time, he wanted to do whatever he could to make her feel better. "He was workin' with me. Tryin' to get us there before Clay did something stupid. Obviously we didn't get there fast enough and Clay didn't realize it wasn't some big Aryan meeting. Just a bunch of families-- women and children."

"He went against Clay?"

"He was trying to do the right thing and let the Sherriff's Department handle it. But Clay's got a huge temper and he wasn't just gonna let us handle it after what happened to Chibs. He had to retaliate."

"Jax and Clay have been at each other's throats a lot lately."

He nodded slowly as she poured herself another glass. "I know."

"Ever since Clay had Donna killed." She shook her head and took a deep breath, still not able to wrap her head around the fact that the President could have done such a thing to a member's wife.

He watched her silently as she sipped on her drink, lost in thought of her late best friend. Suddenly, she rose from her chair and walked around to the other side of the kitchen, sighing heavily as she ran her hands over her face and leaned against the counter. "I'm sorry," she groaned, annoyed with herself.

"For what?"

"For always trying to talk to you about my shit. Especially shit about Jax."

"Falyn," he started, almost in a chiding tone, as he got up from his chair and walked over to her, grabbing her hands in his and staring down at her. "You know you can talk to me about anything."

"I don't understand you," she mumbled, looking down from his piercing blue eyes. "Why don't you hate me?"

"I could never hate you, Fal." David let go of her hands to gently cup her face and he leaned down to kiss her.

It quickly changed from the innocent, gentle kiss that it had started as and pretty soon, he was carrying her up the stairs, her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, their lips never parting. When they reached her bedroom, he kicked the door shut behind them and laid her back on the bed, climbing on top of her to connect their lips again.

Afterwards, she lay on her stomach, her head resting on the pillow and turned away from him, the ivory sheets pooling around her waist, leaving her entire bare back exposed to the cool air. David lay next to her on his side, one hand propping up his head while the other traced delicate patterns across her back, causing goosebumps to form on her skin.

The only sound in the room was the quiet hum of the air conditioning unit and the tension was overwhelming for her. She slowly slid up into a sitting position and wrapped the comforter around her bare body as she stood up, her legs taking a moment to stabilize. "I'm gonna shower," she told him before walking into her adjoining bathroom.

She dropped the blanket in the doorway and grabbed a towel from the cupboard before turning the water on and stepping into the shower. She took her time washing her long hair, half wondering if David would just leave before she got out since she had been so awkward just before. It didn't matter that they'd been in a relationship before; the truth was it was still nerve-wracking for her to be with him on account of her guilt.

"Hey, Fal?" David called, interrupting her thoughts. "Gemma's on the phone."

Falyn quickly shut off the water and wrapped a towel around her body, stepping out of the shower to grab the phone from David. "Hello?"

"Why the fuck's Hale anwering your phone?"

"Gemma," she groaned, desperate to avoid answering the question. "What is it?"

"Just wanted to let you know the boys are gettin' out right about now."

"How is that possible?"

"Oswald posted bail for us."

"If that was all you needed, I could've taken care of it this morning." David watched her with a questioning expression, not understanding what was going on from hearing just one side of the conversation.

Gemma ignored her statement. "They'll be at the Clubhouse soon," was all she said before hanging up the phone, leaving Falyn confused. She didn't understand why Gemma wouldn't just ask her father for bail money, instead of asking Elliott; after all, Craig was basically family now.

Falyn shook her head and handed the phone back to David before passing him to go back into her bedroom to her closet. "What's going on?" he asked her as she dropped her towel and pulled on the clothes she had been wearing earlier.

"Apparently Elliott Oswald posted bail for all the guys so they're getting out tonight."

"And you're going over there," he confirmed, obviously displeased.

She sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed. "Davey-"

"No, it's fine," he interrupted her. "Do what you gotta do."

She sighed as he quickly exited the room, and the house a few moments later. Once he was gone, she shook her head and pulled on her shoes then tied back her long, still damp hair before grabbing her keys and heading out to the car.

The sun was just setting when she pulled into the Teller-Morrow lot. She parked the car and got out, walking over to the office where she saw the lights on. Gemma was sitting at the desk while Tara sat across from her; Tara gave her a small smile while Gemma just nodded her head in acknowledgment. They said nothing as she curled up on the sofa across from Tara and they all just sat there looking at each other as they waited for the men to arrive.

After almost an hour, Falyn spotted headlights pulling into the lot and she rose to her feet, stepping out of the office with Gemma and Tara right on her heels as the van came to a stop. Clay crawled slowly out of the front passenger seat and Jax was quickly sliding out of the side door, followed by Happy, Bobby, and Tig. The three women just watched silently as Clay and the others went into the clubhouse while Jax walked past them and into the garage without so much as a glance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Falyn's outfit.

So sorry about the wait, you guys! Thanks to TheGoodLlama, LovelyCharming, and CrazyPebbles21 for commenting last time! :)