Skeletons

028

Image

Mostly everyone in the clubhouse was still sleeping. Piney and the other guys from Tacoma had gone out into the garage and Gemma, Tara, and Lyla had all left to meet SAMCRO at the police station. Apparently both Zobelle and Weston had been taken into custody and they were all waiting to hear something from Chief Unser about what would be happening to them. Tara and Lyla had left all the children in Falyn's care at the clubhouse. Opie's kids and Lyla's son were still asleep down the hall and Savannah was stretched out on the sofa in the main room with her head on her mother's lap. Falyn had Abel nestled in one arm while she stroked Savannah's long blonde hair with her free hand and she looked around the completely silent room at all the people sleeping wherever they could: uncomfortable chairs, on top of the pool table, even stretched out over the bar.

People were just beginning to stir when Gemma and Tara returned. Some crow eaters immediately got up and headed into the small kitchen to start cooking some breakfast and one of them came back a few short minutes later to hand both Gemma and Tara cups of coffee, giving Falyn a smug look as she turned on her heel and went back to the kitchen. Tara rolled her eyes at the woman's back and handed Falyn the mug in her hand before taking the still sleeping Abel into her arms and hugging him to her chest.

"So how'd it go? Everybody alright?"

"They're fine," Gemma sighed, picking up Abel's carrier and setting it down on the coffee table in front of Falyn.

"But we still don't know what the hell's going on. Feds are still trying to figure out what to do so the guys are stickin' around for a little while longer. How's everything here?"

"Same as it was when you left. A lot of people still sleeping so it's quiet for now."

"Were gonna go to the store," Tara informed her as she carefully put Abel into his carrier and buckled him up. "Get some more food and supplies. Do you need anything?"

"No thanks, I'm fine. But are you sure you don't want to leave Abel with me? It's no problem really."

"Oh, no you've been keeping him a lot lately. It's okay, we'll take him. You just relax for awhile."

"Right," Falyn chuckled. "I'll relax when I'm back safe at home."

Tara smiled sympathetically and picked up Abel's carrier, while Gemma put her hand on Falyn's shoulder. "You gonna be okay, baby?" she asked.

"Fine," Falyn nodded.

"Good. We'll be back in a little while. You hold down the fort." Gemma leaned down to kiss her cheek before she let her go and started heading toward the door. Tara reached down and gave her hand a gentle squeeze before she followed and Falyn slumped down in her seat, running her hands through her hair as she sighed heavily.

Savannah was still sound asleep and it was over an hour before she finally began to stir, yawning as she rubbed her sleepy eyes and ruffled her blonde hair. "What'd I miss?"

"Absolutely nothing."

"Where's Abel?"

"Tara and Gemma came back and they took him out to get some groceries."

She pouted a bit but when the crow eaters in the kitchen announced that there was some breakfast ready, her mind switched to focus on food and she looked at her mother with excited eyes. "Come on, let's go eat. I'm starving."

"You go ahead, baby. I think I'm gonna go freshen up while everyone's occupied in here." Falyn knew that the women who'd prepared the meal definitely wouldn't want her to be eating it but she couldn't tell her daughter that. Savannah accepted her excuse and got up to go make herself a plate while Falyn got up and went down the hall to Jax's old dorm, picking up hers and Savannah's duffel bag on the way. The bed was all in disarray from where the kids had slept in it but she quickly made it up before she continued on into the connecting bathroom.

She hadn't planned on being able to shower while they were on lockdown but the opportunity presented itself with everyone in the main room having breakfast. She took a very quick one, not even taking the time to wash her long hair, instead throwing it up into a messy bun on top of her head while she hit the main areas with the men's scented body wash that had been left in the shower stall. Once she had gotten dressed in a fresh pair of jeans and a comfortable plaid shirt and brushed her teeth, she packed all her things back into her gray bag and headed back to the main room where everyone had finished their breakfasts and the crow eaters were cleaning up.

Savannah coerced her into saying yes to playing a card game with the deck that she'd found behind the bar but instead of playing Go Fish, Falyn decided to teach her how to play Texas Hold'em. She was enthusiastic about learning and she caught on very quickly. Pretty soon, she was stealing the deck and going to challenge one of Tacoma's prospects, leaving Falyn to have a drink at the bar. She found her father sitting at the corner with a beer, talking to one of Tacoma's other guys so she sat down silently beside him and stole the bottle from his hand, giving him a small smirk when he glanced over at her in surprise. She listened to their conversation about old cars for awhile before getting bored and moving on to see how badly her daughter was beating the poor Tacoma kid.

Clay, Tig, Happy, and some others returned to the clubhouse but there were still a few missing, namely Jax, Chibs, Opie, and Juice. They made a beeline for the bar to pour some shots but they didn't stop after one, instead refilling them one, two, three times. Falyn stayed out of the way next to Lyla and they were in the middle of talking about the upcoming school year when the door opened and Jax, Opie, and Chibs entered, back from their club business of handling Weston. She leaned her shoulder against the post, watching as Jax walked straight up to Clay and nodded before Clay wrapped him in a hug. The crow eater behind the bar refilled all their shot glasses and poured the others one. They all toasted before throwing them back and leaving the empty glasses for the crow eaters to clear away. Lyla had left her side to go to Opie as soon as he came in so Jax made his way over to Falyn, shoving his hands into the pocket of his sweatshirt as he muttered a greeting.

"How'd it go?" she asked softly.

"Weston's dead."

Hearing it straight from her child's father that he had murdered a man a matter of minutes ago should have scared her but the only things she felt as she processed his words were relief and justice, for herself too, but especially for Gemma. Weston was a vile, hateful man and now he was dead, and she was thankful that Jax had killed him. She reached out and slipped her arms around him in a hug and she felt him press a kiss into her hair as he slowly rubbed his hand back and forth over her back.

The loud voice of the Scotsman calling Jax's name made her pull away as they both looked over to see Chibs motioning for him to follow him into the chapel. He nodded at the older man and planted one last kiss to her temple before he let go of her and headed over to the double doors behind all the other guys. Falyn sighed as she went over to the bar and, because she knew none of the crow eaters would serve her, she grabbed a glass for herself and filled it to the rim with Jameson to drink while she waited. She threw back the last few drops just before Savannah came in from outside with Opie's and Lyla's kids, and the three younger kids went straight down the hallway to the dorms while Savannah joined her.

She leaned her back against her mother and sighed, complaining of boredom. The chapel doors opening forced her attention up just as the guys came strutting out with guns on their backs and in their hands and on their belts, bulletproof vests under their cuts, and intimidating, vengeful looks on their faces. Falyn wrapped her arms around her daughter's shoulders and pulled her closer as she and all the others watched the guys walk out the door and she silently prayed that nothing bad would happen to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Falyn's outfit.

This is short, and it sucks, and I'm sorry. Not a lot happened, but the next one will be better, I promise!