Skeletons

004

Image


Falyn didn't leave the house for the next few days. She didn't feel like seeing anyone else who might ask her the types of questions that Gemma was so fond of. But after the fourth day inside, she had to go do something.

After making lunch for everyone and cleaning up the kitchen, she showered and got dressed in some jeans with a loose black tank top. She let her wavy hair dry naturally. When she got back downstairs, her father had already left with Savannah. She had the entire day to herself again; her father liked spending time with Savannah because he hadn't gotten to do it much when she was growing up.

She spent a few hours in town, going from shop to shop, being stopped by people in every place. Leaving town abruptly and then coming back eleven years later was a good way to get people talking and Falyn was learning that first hand. Everyone she had used to know wanted to stop her and talk to her.

When she finally managed to excape a particularly chatty woman, she went to the diner to grab a cup of coffee. Sandra the waitress made small talk with her while she sipped on her coffee but luckily she didn't run into Gemma anyone else she knew.

After she finished her coffee and paid, she headed back out to the parking lot where her car was parked. She slid into the driver's seat then put they key into the ignition and turned it, but the engine wouldn't turn over. "Oh, come on," she muttered, trying again. After four tries, she groaned and sat back in the seat, rubbing her temples. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed the number that she'd had memorized since she was a teenager. She talked briefly with a voice she didn't recognize then hung up the phone to wait.

Less than ten minutes later, the tan colored tow truck pulled up into the parking lot in front of her. A man she didn't recognize got out of the driver's side while a familiar old face climbed out of the passenger side. "Piney!"

The old man's head snapped up and he stared at her for a moment before the realization hit him. "Falyn Fitzpatrick! How the hell are you, girl? I haven't seen you in years." Piney was the father of her childhood friend Opie. She had considered him something like an uncle when she was a child.

"I'm alright. How are you? You look good."

He laughed. "I'm old as hell. Can't go anywhere without this damn thing," he replied, motioning to the cannula in his nostrils. "Oh, this is Juice."

The man standing next to Piney was very tan, with a mohawk and tribal tattoos on either side. He nodded at her in greeting but she stuck her hand out anyway. "Falyn," she introduced herself. "You must be in SAMCRO."

Juice shook her hand, but looked to Piney at her comment.

"She grew up in Charming. Around SAMCRO. Her father Craig is a friend to the Club."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too."

She gave him a warm smile but he just stared in return. Piney recognized the look in the younger man's face and he rolled his eyes. "Alright, let's get this thing back to the garage," he said, pushing past him to get the truck.

On the ride back to Teller-Morrow, Falyn was squeezed in the middle of Juice and Piney. Though it only lasted ten minutes, it felt much longer. When they finally pulled into the parking lot and got out, she felt like she could finally breathe again.

As they were getting her car unhooked from the tow truck, a man she faintly recognized came out the large bay door, wiping his hands with an old shop towel. Piney nudged her with his elbow. "You remember Lowell Jr., right?"

"Oh shit, Lowell, how are you?" She threw her arms around his neck in a hug and he chuckled as he hugged her back.

"What the hell are you doing back here? I haven't seen you in years."

"Moved back last week."

"That's great!"

Falyn had grown very close to Lowell when his father bailed. He was a few years older than she was, but even at fourteen, she was the person he confided in.

She smiled, hugging him again. "It's so good to see you."

"So what's the problem?" Juice asked her, interrupting their reunion as he popped the hood.

"I'm not sure. I've been having trouble with it for awhile but now it won't start."

Lowell walked over to the car to stand beside Juice as he looked under the hood. "Well, I'll take a look and see if we can't get it fixed for you."

"Thanks, Lowell."

"No problem."

"Holy shit, Falyn?"

She quickly turned her head at the voice, grinning when she made eye contact with the person who had spoken. "Opie!" She took off toward him, jumping up to throw her arms around his neck. He laughed as he returned the hug, picking her up completely off the ground.

"What the hell are you doing in Charming?"

"Nobody told you? I moved back. Got into town on Monday."

He set her back on her feet. "This is great. Donna's gonna be so happy."

"Shit, I miss her."

"Well, she's usually around the house with the kids. You should stop by and see her one day."

"I definitely will."

"What have you been up to all these years?"

She chuckled. "Not much. Went to college and got a degree that I don't even use. Tried to take care of my mom, but she was stubborn as hell. When she died last month, I decided to come back home. I heard you did a stretch in Chino."'

"Five years. Just got out not long ago. It's weird being back outside."

"I can't imagine."

A motorcycle roared into the parking lot and it was only when he stopped to back up into the row of bikes that she could tell who it was. He took off his helmet and dropped it carelessly onto his handlebars, then stormed right past her and Opie. Opie threw his arm around her shoulders. "Jax, look who-"

"Not now, bro," he interrrupted, not even stopping to glance at them as he roughly pushed the door to the clubhouse open and went inside, slamming the door behind him.

"Is it just me or does Jax seem a little pissed?" she joked.

"He's just having a rough time. Ex wife, kid being in the hospital."

"Understandable. Shit, I still can't believe he got married and had a kid."

"Hey, I'm married with kids."

"Yeah, but I always knew you would. You and Donna are only my favorite couple ever."

He chuckled. "Speaking of, I should get going. I need to get back home."

"Yeah, I should too." She looked behind her, seeing Lowell leaned over working under the hood of her car in the garage. "Shit."

"Need a ride home?"

"If you don't mind."

"Course not. Come on."

He started off toward the row of bikes and she followed hesitantly. "You expect me to climb on the back of that thing?" she asked as he mounted his bike. He grinned and handed her his helmet. "It's won't be your first time."

"Yeah, well that was over a decade ago," she muttered as she fastened the strap under her chin. She held onto his shoulder as she climbed onto the bike behind him, grabbing fistfuls of his cut as they took off, speeding out of the parking lot. It was strange for her to be on the back of a bike again. When Jax and Opie first got bikes as teenagers, they used every excuse they could think of to ride, often taking her and Tara or Donna along. She hadn't even been near a bike since she left Charming.

When they reached her father's house, he was outside on the porch, leaning against one of the columns with his arms crossed. Falyn got off the bike and handed Opie his helmet, thanking him for the ride and promising to stop by the house to see Donna soon. He waved at her father before speeding back down the driveway.

"Where's your car?"

"Teller-Morrow. It died on me today. Lowell's working on it."

He shook his head. "You need to just get a new one. That's a piece of shit."

She rolled her eyes as she walked up the steps to where he was and kissed his cheek. "Have fun with Sav today?"

"Oh yeah. Apparently she's just like her mother. She loves shopping."

"Hey, you volunteered. I tried to warn you."

He chuckled and threw his arm around her shoulders as they walked into the house. Falyn looked around the living room, which was covered in shopping bags. They were on the sofa, on the floor, everywhere. "Daddy, what the hell did you do?"

"Got carried away, I guess. I can't help it. She's my only grandchild and I haven't been able to spend much time with her in her life. She picked out some stuff for you too, by the way," he added, pointing to the reading chair in the corner that was also filled with bags.

Falyn sighed. "That kid."

"Mom?" the voice echoed from the hallway.

"In here," she called back.

Savannah appeared a few moments later and sat down on the arm of the chair. "Who was that on the motorcycle?"

"Old friend. The car's in the shop so he gave me a ride."

"On his motorcycle," she added, amused.

"Yes, Sav. I've been on a motorcycle before."

"You're so adventurous, Mom. I love it."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Brat."

Savannah laughed and looked down into the chair. "Picked out some stuff for you today."

"Papa told me. I see you picked out some stuff for yourself too."

Savannah pulled her most innocent face and shrugged her shoulders. "What's for dinner?"

"I'm taking my two favorite girls out tonight!"

"Daddy-"

"No arguments, Falyn. You've cooked at least two meals every day since you got here."

"You know I don't mind."

"There's this great place in Galt I go to all the time. We should go there."

"If you insist."

"I do! Let's go. We'll take my car," he added with a wink.

Falyn was secretly thankful that they were going to a restaurant that wasn't in town but she felt guilty for it. She wasn't ashamed of her daughter by any means. She was just trying to protect her secret and her daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! :)