Green Eyes Don't Lie

Chapter Eight

Luckily, Mikey had already been in his white tux, with a black undershirt, pink tie and fedora (his “Clyde” costume) at breakfast. Before anyone had a chance to come looking for us, Syd and I changed into our costumes and the three of us went to look for a place to get wasted.

All I have to say is: Thank God we were in Manhattan and good ol’ Misshapes was open early this Halloween, since it was only 3 pm. The three of us got in without much effort; what can I say? We partied here whenever we could.

Before I could figure out what song was playing, Sydney had already ordered the largest margarita I’d ever seen along with a highballer for Mikey and myself. “To forgetting what ails you,” she smiled before taking a large sip.

“I’m sorry our birthday has to suck so much,” I frowned, downing the scotch and soda water concoction. I hated these... But hey, they did the trick.

“Suck?” she smiled. “I’m with my two favorite boys. It’s fantastic.”

Her margarita was already gone... It made me think that I should talk to Bob soon... I’d been noticing she’d been drinking a lot lately... Like, the way Gee used to drink... “Syd... Can I talk to you for---”

“Hit me with the Bacardi, 151,” she smirked at the bartender, “It’s my birthday.”

He took out a new bottle and opened it, she grabbed his wrist gently and shook her head before laying two twenties onto the counter and taking the bottle back to us. She took a large gulp and handed it to Mikey who did the same. Then it was my turn. I took a large gulp, and then some, feeling my feelings disappear, if that makes any sense. Sydney took it back and continued to work on it. “I love you Franky and Mikey,” she squealed before pulling Mikey in close and kissing him. The three of us made our way for the dance floor, 151 clasped in Syd’s hand as we started to dance.

Hours upon hours later, and two bottles of Bicardi down the hatch--- mostly Syd’s, we noticed it was 12am, and most of the day was gone. The club was filling up to it’s max quickly. Sydney, though she could barely stand, grabbed a random shot off someone’s table and drank it.

“What if there were drugs in that or something?!” I asked her. Sure, I’d drank quite an amount tonight, but I wasn’t that drunk.

“All the better,” she laughed with a heavy slur.

“I think we should get her home,” Mikey said, giving her a worried look.

I nodded in agreement, as we shuffled toward the exit. Once outside, I pulled my cell phone out to call a cab. I had 15 missed calls, all from various members of the band. Sighing, I clicked out of the missed calls file and began my search for a cab.

“Frank!” someone screamed from afar. I looked around before my eyes found Gee across the street, with Celeste in tow. I mumble, and would’ve run off, if I wasn’t trying to make sure Syd was okay.

“What do you want?” I asked, raising a brow.

“God! We’ve been looking for you for hours!” Gee said in a concerned voice. “Why’d you run off?”

“I’m surprised you noticed,” I growled, shooting a glance at Celeste. “Look, get Syd home, she’s fucking floored. I’m walking,” I spat before turning on my heel and leaving.

I hadn’t gotten too far when someone grabbed my arm, and spun me around. “Why are you being like this?” Gee asked with a hurt expression.

“Because! I--” I felt myself soften as I stared at those hurt green eyes. “Look, just don’t ask me that, please,” I begged. I couldn’t answer that truthfully, and no lie could cover my actions.

“Okay, you don’t have to tell me...”

“Look, Gee, your girlfriend’s probably worried,” I said, looking down at my shoes.

“What?” Gerard said before bursting out into laughter. “You think—Oh no! Celeste?!” he laughed, nearly falling onto the ground.

Wow, way to make me feel like an ass...

I turned to leave. “Of all the idiotic things, Franky,” Gee said, controlling his laughter finally. “Sometimes, I think you should have been born a blonde.” he said, grabbing my arm gently.

“Yeah, I’m a fucking idiot,” I mumbled, diverting my gaze... I sure felt like an idiot.

And then it happened...

Gerard’s lips pressed against mine with a spark that could surely ignite New York City. I staggered back, in pure shock and pure ecstasy, until my back was pressed against the rugged brick of the building. He deepened the kissed slightly, and I let my tongue roll off his, until he finally pulled back.

“Happy Birthday,” he whispered, his lips next to my ear as his warm breath tickled me.

“Yeah...” I blinked, still shocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
*cough-cough* Comments inspire me... [/hint]