Call Me Maybe

Chapter 5-Jealousy

When I woke up, I was shocked to find myself not only in Sam’s arms, but to have Blaine still holding my hand all night. I turned over a little and saw Blaine was awake and he looked at me with these gorgeous puppy dog eyes. I smiled at him and felt him brush his leg against mine. “It took me ages to get to sleep.” He whispered.
“Me too.” I responded.
“It’s because I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” My heart skipped a beat upon hearing this.
“I couldn’t stop thinking about you either.”

With that Sam stirred awake. “Hey Jenny.” He grinned at me, making me instantly let go of Blaine’s hand. And before I could say anymore Sam leaned in and kissed me. I hated it, hated kissing him in front of Blaine, but I had to. God, why did lying involve so much hurt? Finally Sam let me go and grabbed his bag, smiled at Blaine and wandered over to the bathroom, probably to get changed for school.

Blaine was quick to pull me into his arms. “Now that we’re alone.” He began and wiggled his eyebrows before brushing his lips against mine. “Umm…” I sighed, but I couldn’t let that get the better of me, couldn’t let Blaine kiss me so I gently pushed him away. “I’m sorry Blaine, we can’t, you’ve just broken up with Kurt, I’m still with Sam, please let’s just be friends.”
“Very well.” He said and looked away.

I stared at him for a minute before getting myself het up. “Oh what the hell!” I sighed and leaned in close to Blaine, so we could have a mini make out session. His lips felt so silky and so right against mine. “Sam’s in the bathroom.” Blaine said.
“I don’t care.”
“He could catch us.”
“I don’t care.” I replied and grabbed hold of him by his pyjama top and pulled him on top of me. “I want you.” I smiled in between kisses, only to hear the bathroom light turn off, quickly I chucked Blaine off of me, wiped my lips as if I could somehow get rid of the evidence. “The bathroom is all yours.” A fully clothed Sam told me and so I grabbed my clothes from my draw and dragged myself to the bathroom where I got dressed.

In the bathroom I told myself to calm down, to stop being such an idiot. You’re with Sam Jenny, not Blaine; you have never been with Blaine and never will be. And with that thought in my mind I got dressed and walked back over to my bedroom to see both Blaine and Sam laughing. “Oh my god, Jenny!” Sam began. “You need to have Blaine round more often, he’s one awesome bro.”
“That I am.” Blaine responded and they fist bumped one another, making this very awkward. Why is my boyfriend getting friendly with the guy I’ve been making out with? “Yeah, shouldn’t you be getting ready for school Blaine?” I suggested, in hope it would make him go to the bathroom, so that I could talk to Sam. Blaine nodded his head, grabbed his bag and then went to the bathroom himself.

Once he was gone, Sam took hold of my hand and dragged me onto the bed next to him. “So, anything you want to do after school?”
“I don’t mind.” I paused. “How come you’ve become very close to Blaine all of a sudden?” I ask in this high voice, hoping he doesn’t notice my unease.
“Well, we did sort of run for the Presidential campaign together.”
“Yeah, I see, but I’m not sure about this…”
“Jenny.” Sam began and smiled at me a little. “Is this about the little crush you used to have on Blaine?”
“I…”
“Look, me and you are good together, if you think it’s awkward me and him being friends after the way you felt about him well don’t. If you can be friends with Blaine after all that, then so can I, but don’t worry, if he says anything about you again then mine and Blaine’s bromance is over, ok?”
“Ok.” I smiled and Sam hugged me tight. We stayed like that for a few seconds when Sam’s phone started ringing. He answered it. “Oh, hey Brittany, yeah.” He said, whilst I tried to listen in. “Look, you’re not stupid Brittany, you’re amazing.” Silence and then Sam started talking again. “We’ll talk about this in class later, but trust me Brittany the only reason you lost the election was because people clearly don’t understand what a lovely heart you have.” A pause. “Ok, bye.”

Once they both had hung up I looked at Sam a little confused. “What?” He asked.
“You don’t like Brittany, do you?”
“She’s just a friend.”
“Really?”
“Jenny, you’re the only one I want to be with, I don’t want Brittany, ok?”
“Ok.” I grinned and with that Blaine came out of the bathroom, Sam took my hand and together we all went to school.

I thought it was going to be great, that we would all go to school and hang out together; however, the moment we reached the corridor Sam ran off after Brittany whilst I just watched him. Blaine turned to me. “Awkward.” He responded.
“What?”
“Those two have been spending a lot of time together.”
“It’s nothing.” I force a smile.
“Well…” Blaine said and slowly placed his hand on mine. “Since they’re spending a lot of time together then maybe we should to.”
“No!” I blurted out. “Blaine, what happened this morning, what happened last night won’t happen again. It was just an accident. Plus, I’ve been an idiot to let you get that close to me after what you did to me last year.”
“But…” Blaine began.
“Blaine, you’re gay and I’m taken, so let’s just leave it at that.”

I removed my hand from Blaine’s grasp and stormed off to English. When I reached my class, I was the first one in there, so took my seat, only for Brittany to come and join me. “So I really miss Santana, I can’t believe we’ve sort of broken up.”
“How can you sort of break up?”
“Well, we had to break up because one of us would cheat, even though I would never cheat and she would never cheat, but then it like wasn’t a break up and it was all confusing and sad. Sam’s been really great, talking me through it all, at least you and Sam are actually together rather than stuck in the middle like me and Santana.”
“Yeah…” I said.

Brittany opened her text book for English, only it was upside down, she looked at it and if she looked muddled before, well now was even worse. “Oh my god, I didn’t even know I was taking Japanese.” I let out a sigh, took hold of her book and put it the right way round when Brittany saw this she went-“Ohh…” And she laughed a little bit. “So, what’s it like being Sam’s girlfriend?” Brittany wondered.
“It’s nice, he’s really nice.”
“Wow, I’ve not had many boyfriends, I just sleep with anyone, it’s easier.” She paused. “Have you slept with Sam?”

My mouth was agape at this point, how was I supposed to answer that? Should I even answer that question? “Umm… no.”
“Why not?”
“I don’t want to, plus I’m sort of a virgin.”
“Oh, really, it’s your last year of school and you’re still a virgin that’s so sexist.”
“What?” I asked, making Brittany go quiet.

And with that the English lesson began, taking me away from Brittany’s strange mind yet again.

After English I searched for Sam, only to find him sat on a bench, talking to Brittany and I was starting to feel jealous. So I went to the library in hope that some good old books would get my mind off of everything. Unfortunately, before I could even get started on what books I could read Blaine had found me. “Are you avoiding me or something?” He asked.
“Blaine, why are you following me?”
“Because we’re friends.”
“No we’re not; you know that every time I see you all I’m thinking about is kissing you.”
“Well, that makes two of us then.” Blaine said, raising one of his eyebrows. “Look, I’ve not got anything to do all lunch, so you might as well come and spend time with me.”
“No, I will not spend time with you, now leave me alone.”

And with that I walked off, not only avoiding Sam and Brittany, but Blaine too. The corridors were empty because everyone was either in the cafeteria or outside. Me, I was going to grab a book from my locker and then I was going to sit outside and read it. After all, I needed to get into Harvard more than ever now, especially since I’ve got no money. So I grabbed one of my math books and walked past the corridor, only to have Blaine appear, take hold of my hand and drag me into the janitor’s closet, before slamming the door close behind us. “Blaine, what the hell are you doing? Anyone could have seen us! Anyone could see us walk out of here. Now let me go.” I attempted to grab hold of the door handle, only for Blaine to take hold of my hand and stop me. “Why are you doing this?” I asked him in a sad voice, why can’t things be simple? Blaine smiled at me. “Because I like you.” He turned on the little light in the janitor’s closet and I just rolled my eyes. “I need to study.” He took hold of my book and tossed it in a bucket filled with water. “Hey, I need that!”
“I’ll buy you another one.”
“There you go again, Mr Snob.”
“Hey, I’m no snob, look; I can pay for your education at Harvard if you like?”
“No Blaine, what are you talking about? I don’t want you to do that. It wouldn’t be right.”
“Why not? I’ve been thinking about it and like you I have maintained my good grades, so want to go to Harvard and it wouldn’t be the same if I got in and you didn’t.”
“Oh, I’ll get in Blaine, believe me. Why do you even want to go to Harvard? You’re a performer Blaine.”
“True, but I want to get a degree first and then go into performing, because what if I can’t become a singer or an actor, I’m going to need something to fall back on.”
“Ok, you are not going to Harvard because of me Blaine! Don’t be so stupid. Your dreams are more important than just me.”

He silenced me then with a kiss and although it was in a janitor’s closet, it was one of the most romantic kisses I’d ever received. Just having his lips on mine made my heart race, made my insides feel as though they were on fire. However, this couldn’t go on. I pulled myself out from Blaine’s grip and quickly got out of the Janitor’s closet. Blaine was straight after me, only for us to then bump into Sue. “Well, what do you know? I didn’t expect gay and smart to be in a janitor’s closet having sexual liaisons.”
“Umm… excuse me?” I butted in.
“Oh, come off it, I can smell the sex pheromones coming off of both of you. Detention now. I will not have these shenanigans at this school.”

Sue grabbed both Blaine and I by our arms and dragged us to an empty classroom. Oh no, this is it, she’s going to tell everyone about what happened in the Janitor’s closet, well, what sort of happened. Oh, why did she have to see us walk out of that darken room? She sat us down in a classroom, both of us on either sides of the room. “I will be informing Principal Figgins of this.” She told us and stormed out of the classroom.

Both Blaine and I looked at each other for a long moment. “Great, now not only have I got detention, but now Sam is going to find out about this.” I told him.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t know ok?” He paused. “I just thought it would be fun for us to be a little spontaneous.”
“You’re acting as though we are a couple, but we’re not a couple!” I protested.
“I know that, I’m just really lonely at the moment, ok?”

And before I could say anymore both Principal Figgins and Sue walked in. “Why did you leave them alone?” Principal Figgins said in in his accent, making me put my head in my hands. “We were just studying in the Janitor’s closet because I like the smell of cleaning products, ok?” I lied, in hope that they’d believe it.
“Hmm… Sue, did you see anything?”
“I beg your pardon.” She replied
“Did you see anything?”
“Well… not in so many words.”
“Well, then why are these two innocent children obsessed with cleaning products in here being accused of sex?”
“Come on Figgy! That’s a lie about cleaning products and you know it.”
“Children, you are free to go.” He smiled, my eyes lit up and I was out of that classroom right away, with Blaine following me.

We didn’t say a word; we just walked over to my locker. Blaine took hold of my hand and spun me towards him as we reached my locker. He gazed at me. “Please don’t fall out with me over this.” Before I could respond to what he was saying Sue appeared out of nowhere, looking as scary as ever in her blue tracksuit. “Ok, smart and gay, you two have just humiliated me in there. So you two better watch out, if there’s any chance of me getting revenge on you both I will get it. After all, if there’s something Sue Sylvester is good at its getting revenge.” She walked on, grabbed Blaine and pushed him into the lockers, I watched her then shove another three teenagers into walls and lockers, shocking me. And there’s me thinking having a baby had made her nicer.

Boy was I wrong.

Blaine turned to me and I said-“There’s even more reason for us to not be together now.”

This made Blaine sad and walk away, down the corridor, far from me…