Call Me Maybe

Chapter 6-Torn

In glee club it was unbelievably awkward! I mean, seriously. I was sat next to Wade who liked to dress up as a woman called Unique and right now he was in a dress and a wig and high heels. However, that wasn’t the awkward part. The awkward part was that Blaine was at the front of the class singing Seal-Kiss from a rose. He was singing it to me and if that wasn’t bad enough, Wade/Unique was mooning over him. “Is he still with that Kurt guy?” Wade wondered, whilst I just pretended to play the person that knew nothing. “I have no idea.”
“But did you know, that when it snows. My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.” Blaine sang.

Blaine gazed at me intently, making me feel a little claustrophobic, as though everyone in the room could see the way he was singing to me, looking at me. “Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray. Ooh, the more I get of you the stranger it feels, yeah. Now that your rose is in bloom, a light hits the gloom on the gray.” His eyes were boring into mine, whilst Wade was letting out little sighs, as he folded his hands underneath his chin to lean on and gaz over at Blaine. “I think he likes me you know.” Wade told me.
“Really?”
“Yeah. I know I love dressing up in female clothing, but what matters is that I’m not female to him. After this performance I might ask him out.”
“Good luck!” I squeaked and continued to listen to Blaine sing this song to me.
“Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray. Ooh, the more I get of you the stranger it feels, yeah. And now that your rose is in bloom, a light hits the gloom on the gray.” He quietened his tone of voice on the last word and everyone in glee club applauded Blaine. “So what was the message there?” Mr Schuster asked Blaine, worrying me, what if he told everyone? “Well…” Blaine began. “That’s a song for someone very special in my life.”
“Fair enough, go take a seat.”

And with that Mr Schuster got off his seat and said-“Right, now I want you all to sing songs that convey feelings deep inside you. I want you all to reveal your secrets, so to speak, through song.” I looked down at my lap, dreading this assignment. How was I meant to come up with a song about being with Sam and having feelings for him, yet also having feelings for a gay man who I keep kissing. Oh, why couldn’t the assignments be simple these days? And as if that wasn’t enough to deal with, after glee club I walked out of the choir room, only to hear Wade talking to Blaine. “So Blaine, you were absolutely magical singing that song and if there’s anyone I know who is also magical, it’s me. So how would you like to go out with me?”
“Umm… who would I be going out with Wade or Unique?”
“Whomever you want.” Blaine saw me watching him and Wade talking and this led for him to give his next answer. “Sorry, but I’m still not over Kurt.”
“Ok, I can be patient.” And with that Wade wandered off, only for Blaine to walk on over to me with a little grin on his face. “Did I just sense a little jealousy?”
“I…” I began.
“Jenny, if you want to be with me just say.”
“Blaine, for the last time I am with Sam, so no I do not want to be with you!”

I power walked down the corridor far away from him, only to bump into Sam. “Sam, hey!” I grinned.
“Hey.” He responded. “So I saw you and Blaine in detention with Sue the other day…”
“Yeah, it was so scary.”
“How come she made you both go there?”
“She thought she saw something, but she was wrong.”
“Oh, so how would you like to go out on a date tonight?”
“Umm… I don’t mind.”
“Well, in that case me and you are going to Breadstix. 7:30?”
“Ok.” I grinned and Sam kissed my cheek before seeing Blaine.
“Hey bro.” He told Blaine and gave him a smile.

Once Sam was gone Blaine was following me to my locker. And just as I got the combination to my locker sorted, he placed his hand on the door so I couldn’t open it. “Come on, let’s do something together.”
“Blaine, I’m going out on a date with Sam tonight.”
“I mean, at school.”
“And what exactly will we be doing at school?”
“I don’t know, maybe I could take you under the Bleachers and we could discreetly have a make out session, Kurt and I used to…”
“Even more reason for us not to go there, especially if it was yours and Kurt’s place.” I sighed. “Look Blaine, if I got with you history would probably be repeated and if I started ignoring you you’d probably go off with some other guy or girl.”
“Really? Is that all you think of me? You know how terrible I felt about that.”
“I…”
“Just forget it.” He stormed off.
“Blaine!” I called after him, only to have him ignore me.

Later that day we had glee club again and already Blaine was singing yet another song. Clearly he had many more feelings to convey in song.
“And I know that he knows I'm unfaithful. And it kills him inside. To know that I am happy with some other guy. I can see him dying. I don't wanna do this anymore, I don't wanna be the reason why. Every time I walk out the door I see him die a little more inside.
I don't wanna hurt him anymore I don’t wanna take away his life. I don’t wanna be, a murderer.” And as Blaine stared at me I got confused, was this song about him being unfaithful to Kurt? Or about me being unfaithful to Sam? Or about him being unfaithful to Sam because of his bromance with him? I was very confused. “Our love, his trust. I might as well take a gun and put it to his head, get it over with. I don’t wanna do this anymore… anymore…”

He sang the chorus one more time and Mr Schuster once again seemed over ecstatic. “Well done Blaine, yet another song out of the bag! What were you singing about?”
“I was singing about…” He looked at me for a long moment and I shook my head. “I was singing about my infidelity to Kurt.”
“Well done, that must have been hard.” I let out a relieved sigh, before speaking out.
“Mr Schu, I have a song I’d like to sing.”
“Ok Jenny, go ahead.”

And so I got out of my seat, stood out at the front of the class and started singing Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. “I thought I saw a man brought to life. He was warm; he came around like he was dignified. He showed me what it was to cry. Well you couldn’t be that man I adored. You don't seem to know; don't seem to care what your heart is for. But I don't know him anymore. There's nothing where he used to lie. My conversation has run dry. That's what's going on, nothings fine I’m torn.” I stared at Blaine for a second and he looked a little scared at what my song was about now, but I took my view off him and gazed at Sam who was staring at me with a big smile on his face. “I’m all out of faith, this is how I feel. I’m cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor. Illusion never changed into something real. I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn. You’re a little late, I’m already torn…”

It was at this point that Sam’s smile vanished as he got the gist of the song, he looked worried. “So I guess the fortune tellers right. Should have seen just what was there and not some holy light. To crawl beneath my veins and now. I don't care, I have no luck, I don't miss it all that much. There's just so many things that I can't touch, I’m torn.” I sang the chorus one more time and Sam and Blaine were looking at me speechless and I think everyone else was too. “So what was that about Jenny?” Mr Schuster asked, oblivious to the look on everyone’s faces. I grinned and then began-“Well, as some of you may know I had a big crush on Blaine and when I first got with Sam I wasn’t sure how I felt about him because of my feelings for Blaine, but now I’m really happy that we are together, in fact I feel better than ever.”
“Glad to hear it!” Mr Schuster said and finally Sam had a smile on his face too, so I sat by him and he took my hand in his. “I was getting worried then.” He whispered.
“Were you?”
“I thought you were singing that you missed Blaine.”
“No, I was singing about how I love you more than I’ve ever loved Blaine.” I lied guiltily, only for Sam to squeeze my hand and stare into my eyes. “We’ve not said the I love you thing yet.”
“Well, I have.” I grinned.
“In that case, I love you too.” He quickly pressed his lips to my cheek and Will dismissed us all from glee club until there was another performance.

Me, I had P.E to deal with, so I went to the girls changing rooms, only to have Tina start talking to me. “That was a good song, I thought it described your feelings very well.”
“Thank you.”
“Me, I’m going for the potential break up song since Mike and I split up.”
“Nice choice.”

And with that we went to P.E, I had no idea what we were doing outside; all I know was that I was looking forward to getting some exercise. Or so I thought…

As we were walking over to the field, someone grabbed my hand and dragged me under the bleachers. I fell into a man’s arms and looked up to see Blaine’s face looking back at mine. “Blaine, what are you doing?”
“Scoring some time with you.”
“You should be in class.”
“I know, but we both know your reasoning behind that song was completely wrong. It was about the fact you’re torn between me and Sam, nothing else.”
“I…”
“Well, I’m going to help that no longer be a problem.” His lips collided with mine and suddenly, I just didn’t care whether anyone saw us, whether I was torn or not, all I focused on was his lips brushing against mine. “Oh… Blaine.” I sighed and deepened the kiss, before running my fingers through his hair.

It was at times like these where I realised what a great kisser Blaine truly is and when he touched me it felt as though my whole world was on fire. I was crazy about him and always had been.

We pulled away, smiling at one another and looked to the right, only to see Kurt standing there. I was shocked, Blaine was shocked and so was Kurt. “Kurt, what are you doing here?” Blaine wondered.
“I came back to repair things with you. I’ve been looking for you everywhere…”

Blaine let go of me. “Look, I’m sorry Kurt.”
“Don’t, just don’t.”
“I thought we had broken up!”
“No, we hadn’t broken up at all.”
“But I was sending you flowers cards and you didn’t bother with them.”
“That’s because I was angry with you.”
“So we hadn’t broken up?”
“No and now, not only have you cheated on me with some guy, but with her too. And why her? Why Jenny? You know how much she likes you, so you just go out with her to make you feel good. I mean, you’re gay for Christ sake!”
“Kurt, can we please talk alone.”
“No, I don’t want to talk to you, to any of you.” Kurt ran off then and Blaine turned to me, a little torn himself. He looked at me worriedly then before saying-“I’m sorry Jenny, I’ve got to…” And then he ran after Kurt, calling his name.

I walked out from the bleachers to PE thinking about what an idiot I’d been…