Call Me Maybe

Chapter 7-Passion

Evening came and Sam arrived at my house at seven. We were meant to meet at 7:30, but he decided to come early. “Wow, you look amazing.”
“Thank you.” I replied, pleased with how my red dress looked on me, it wasn’t often that I was able to dress up. My dad then appeared at the door. “Oh, hi Sam, it’s good seeing you, how are things at home?”
“Good, but money is still a little tight.”
“Well, if you ever have no house again, remember you’re all welcome to stay round here.”
“Thank you Mr Spears.”
“No problem, so are you two going out?”
“Yeah, we are off to Breadstix.”
“Well, have a good night.”
“Thanks sir.” Sam smiled and my dad turned to me then.
“Jenny, can I talk to you alone?”
“Sure daddy.” I replied. “Umm… Sam, feel free to sit down in the front room, I’ll be with you in a minute.”
“Ok.” He responded.

Sam walked inside and grabbed a seat on the settee whilst my father and I walked into the kitchen. “Take a seat.” He told me and sat across from me. “I know you’re cheating on Sam.” He informed me.
“What? No, I’m not.” I lied.
“Do you think I’m stupid? The amount of time you’re spending with Blaine is ridiculous.”
“He’s gay!”
“Jenny, if he was just your gay friend then you’d spend as much time with him as you do your other friends, so don’t lie to me.”
“Fine, I was cheating on him, but it doesn’t matter, Blaine’s ex came back and now he’s ignoring all my calls.”
“Clearly this Blaine isn’t good for you, so I expect you to spend no more time with him.”
“But…”
“No buts! Sam is a nice guy. He’s the only one that can understand you because his family has also had money problems and more importantly, he’s your boyfriend, nobody else’s, ok?”
“Ok.” I sighed.
“Good, now go and have a good time and remind yourself why you got with Sam in the first place.”
“Ok, thanks daddy, I will do.”

Once our talk was over with I walked over to the living room and flashed a smile at Sam. “So, you ready to go?”
“Yeah.” He responded and walked over to me and held his arm out for me. He then led me outside where there was a limo waiting. “This is for you.” He told me.
“Sam, why have you booked a limo? You have no money as it is, I can’t accept this.”
“Look, I know limos are expensive, so I’ve only booked this one for half an hour, which is a bit more in my price range, so we better get a lift to breadstix before that half hour is gone.”
“Ok.” I grinned and Sam walked over to the door, held it open for me and I got in, only for Sam to join me. He grasped my hand in his and pressed his lips to mine. “I don’t understand why you’re doing all this for me.”
“It’s because I love you and I believe it’s your birthday tomorrow.”
“How did you know?”
“Your dad told me and said you don’t like people to know when it’s your birthday.”
“No, I really don’t.”
“Well, I’m going to make your feelings about that change.”
“Great!” I laughed and kissed him one more time, before leaning my head on his toned shoulder.

The limo ride to breadstix was nice, quiet and romantic. I felt completely at ease, as well as a little guilty. All this time I’d been crushing on Blaine, cheating on Sam with Blaine when Sam should’ve been my one and only all along. He could do better.

The posh vehicle parked in the car park, Sam opened the door, took hold of my hand, and then led me into breadstix. We found a nice little table where we both sat and looked at the menu. “Thank you so much for all this Sam.”
“Hey, no need to thank me; I am your boyfriend after all.” He paused. “So, what you thinking of ordering?”
“Well, breadsticks for starters.”
“Of course.”
“And then maybe a Bolognese.”
“Ok. I think I’m going to have chilli dogs.”

It was then that both Blaine and Kurt walked into breadstix, making me stop and stare. Oh, why did they have to come to breadstix? Why couldn’t they have gone somewhere else? “What you looking at?” Sam wondered and looked in the direction of Kurt and Blaine who were now sat at a table together. “Oh, Kurt’s back. I thought him and Blaine had split up?”
“Me too.” I smiled.
“Hey, maybe we could join them?”
“No, they’re probably getting over Blaine’s cheating, it’ll be really awkward.” I told him, hoping Sam would get away from this insane idea. “It’ll be alright, after all, I haven’t seen Kurt in ages. I mean, we were never close, but now that me and Blaine are buddies it would be good to get to know him.”
“But don’t you want it to just be the two of us, you know… romantic meal for my birthday?” I suggested in hope that Sam would play a long, instead he just laughed. “Come on, let’s go see them.”
“Ok.” I smiled.

And with that Sam walked over to Kurt and Blaine’s table with me trailing behind him. Why couldn’t we just have a nice romantic meal without any problems arising? I sighed and stood by his side, only to have Kurt give me the eye that screamed stay away from my boyfriend. “Hey guys, could we join you?” Sam wondered and Blaine gave me a look that just wanted to know what was going on and all I could do was mime the word-‘Sorry.’ Kurt forced a smile in response to Sam’s question and said-“Sure, come and join us. I’ll sit next to Jenny.”

Oh no, this isn’t happening. Why do I have to sit next to Kurt? Why couldn’t I just sit next to Sam? Oh Sam, why did you come up with this idea? My heart was beating wildly, my head was spinning and Blaine had this awkward smile on his face which I dare say made him look as cute as ever. Only, I can’t think like that because he’s back with Kurt and I care about Sam, I really do. It’s just that when I look at Blaine and see his dark, penetrating eyes, his dark, slightly curled hair and dark eyebrows along with that gorgeous smile I feel transfixed by him. Just everything in general about him drives me crazy, such as the bow ties he sometimes wears, whether they’re red or blue or black. Or the sweaters he wears over his shirts. And for some unknown reason I love the fact he’s always wearing these trousers which are way too short for him and are also a bright colour.

Stop this Jenny; you have got to stop thinking of Blaine as more than a friend if you want to be with Sam. I took a seat next to Kurt, whilst Sam sat by Blaine, I was opposite Sam and Kurt was opposite Blaine. “So Kurt I didn’t expect you back?” Sam states the obvious.
“Yeah, I decided that Blaine and I needed some time together, so I booked a holiday from Vogue for the week.”
“Wow.” Sam put in. “It’s amazing you guys are making this work. Do you have any plans to see more of each other?”
“Well, I’m going to go over for a couple of weeks every time I have time off from school.” Blaine says.
“Impressive.” Sam says happily. “I hope that me and Jenny can do the same when she eventually goes to Harvard.”
“Yeah.” I smiled, only to receive a hateful look of Kurt.
“Well, that’s good Jenny, you can move on to your own man, instead of other people’s.” Kurt told me in this sharp tone of voice. Blaine looked at him in disbelief then and said-“Kurt.”
“What? I’m just stating a fact.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sam put in.
“Just that I think Jenny needs to spend less time around my boyfriend.”
“Umm… I’m sorry, but Jenny hasn’t been interested in Blaine for ages.”
“Oh really, it’s obvious to everyone that she’s still crazy about him.”
“You know what; maybe we’ll leave you to two it after all.” Sam said, stood up, held his hand out to me and I took it, before walking back over to the table we were sat at before. Sam looked slightly stressed as he ran a hand through his hair and released a sigh. “Are you ok?” I wondered.
“Look, do you still like Blaine?”
“No.”
“Please don’t lie to me Jenny.”
“Ok, yes I do, but not as much as I like you. I love you Sam and me and Blaine will never happen because he’s gay.”
“Ok, but if he was straight who would you choose? Him or me?”
“You Sam, I’d always choose you.”

A smile lit up his face. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to have a go; it’s just Kurt’s putting things into my mind.”
“Don’t worry about it.”
“Ok, but if he says anything to you again, let me know, ok?”
“Ok.” I grinned.

We ordered our food and drink, as well as some breadsticks, which we got at the beginning of the date. “So, how are your impressions going?”
“Pretty good, I picked up a Simon Cowell one.”
“Ooh, let’s hear it.”
“That was absolutely terrible.” Sam said in a low, posh, British tone that perfectly emulated Simon Cowell’s voice. I clapped my hands together a little. “That’s brilliant; you should be on America’s Got Talent with your impressions.”
“You really think I’m that good?”
“Of course I do Sam, you’re amazing!”
“Well, thank you.”

After that we shared a couple of breadsticks, before our dinner arrived. And we then sat there happily eating our dinner. It was nice and normal and made me feel really good about us both. Afterwards he walked me home, handing me his jacket halfway to my house. “Sorry, I couldn’t afford a limo back or a taxi for that matter.”
“Don’t be silly, you bought me a limo and you bought me dinner. As if I need more than that.”
“Well, I try. By the way I’ve got this amazing birthday present planned out for you and you’re going to love it.”
“Am I now?”
“Yes.”
“Can I have a clue?”
“Umm… You’re going to fall madly in love with me when you see it.”
“I already am madly in love with you Sam.”
“I love you too.”

We reached my front door and his arms went around my waist. “So, I really enjoyed myself tonight.” He grinned.
“Me too.” I smiled back and gazed up into his eyes and then his mouth met mine in this beautiful, bittersweet kiss. All day I’d been thinking about Blaine and then boom, Sam could kiss me and I forgot everything. My breath got caught in my throat and in that moment I was consumed by passion for him. I just wanted him and nothing else. And then he started sucking lightly on my top lip, making me want him, making me yearn for him. “Oh Sam.” I gasped out, making his lips brush against mine all the more.

Finally, we pulled away and I composed myself a little bit. “Would you like to come inside?” I offered.
“Yeah, sure.” I opened my front door; it was silent in the entire house, so I gripped Sam’s hand, closed the front door behind us followed by my bedroom door and dragged him inside, so he was sat on my bed. I took a seat next to him.

For a few moments we just sat there in silence, until Sam’s lips crushed against mine in an epitome of passion. He climbed on top of me and brought my body closer to his. I kept letting out these loud, heavy breaths as our mouths collided into each other’s again and again. “I love you.” He said in between kissed and tightly pressed my body to his as his arms hooped around me in a beautiful embrace. Suddenly everything was out of control and I didn’t know what was happening. “Whoa, stop.” I said to him and he stopped kissing me immediately and gazed at me. “What’s wrong?”
“Look, I’ve never done this before and I’m not ready for this.” Sam got off me then and sat up. He looked at me and said-“Sorry, I got a bit carried away.”
“No, you were fine, it’s just I need to wait a little longer before this happens again because I’m just not ready.”
“That’s fine; we’ll do this only when you’re ready.” Sam pecked my lips and I kissed his lips back.
“You’re welcome to stay though if you like?”
“Umm… No, I won’t stay, after all I’ve got your super birthday to sort out.”
“Ok.” And with that I walked out of my bedroom and showed Sam to the front door. I opened it for him, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek, gazed at me and said-“Good night Jenny.”
“Night Sam.” I said and with that he left my house.

Once he was gone, I got changed and climbed into bed. For ages I just lay there confused. Blaine and I hadn’t officially called off our fling, so maybe tomorrow, if I can get him alone I can call it off. Then I can continue my relationship with Sam guilt free.

With that settled I then drifted off into a peaceful sleep…