Mommy

My Favourite Things

he holds me close in her arms, tearful and cold, I cling to her, mommy, so she'll make it better. Her arms around me, she strokes my hair. I'm wet and I'm starting to shiver but she kisses my cheek and tells me it's okay, it's okay to cry. She carries me as though I were weightless and lays me down gently onto the soft changing mat, it's like laying on a big fluffy cloud. She gives my rattle a shake as she waves it in front of me, I grab at the air because I'm curious and I'm excited at the sound it makes. She places it in my hands and I shake it just a little, the noise makes me giggle so I shake it again and mommy smiles down at her baby with love.

She gets my pacifier and places it in my mouth gently and I suckle on it contently, instantly calmed by its soothing powers. She starts untaping my soaked and sagging diaper and pulls it open, making me blush. She lifts my legs up high and pulls the diaper from under me, disposing it and grabbing a wipe that she begins cleaning me with as gentle as she can as I lay there, helpless and sucking my pacifier as I look around at my surroundings. The room is decidedly babyish and just about everything in sight is coloured in a sweet pink then by the time I look back at mommy she's already finished cleaning me up and now I'm ready to be diapered.

She reaches into a pack of them and pulls out a very thick and crinkly diaper, the design is especially girly and it causes me to giggle with joy when she starts unfolding it. Lifting my legs up again she's able to slide the thick garment under me with ease and softness almost makes me squeal. It's so warm and cosy, it's like laying on that cloud full time. She sprinkles me in sweet smelling baby powder then she lifts it up and my legs are moved apart by the thickness of my new diaper, she tapes it up snug and gives it a gentle pat. She kisses my forehead and now it's time for bed.

I was feeling restless and I knew mommy could tell. She bounced me gently and asked if I was hungry, I was. "Baba" was all I said and she knew just what to do, she took me into the kitchen and got a bottle from the fridge, full of milk she heats it up and put it to my mouth that I open automatically.

She puts the nipple into my mouth and I suckle eagerly, the sweet warm liquid tastes like rainbows and it even makes me a little sleepy. I blink my eyes until I'm too tired to open them again, still nursing contently like a good little baby and before I know it my bottle's empty and I'm fast asleep. Mommy takes the bottle from my mouth and pats my back, cradling and rocking me.

She lays me down gently onto the soft baby crib and gets my teddy, complete with a thick diaper just like me and she lays him beside me. I wrap my arms around him and dream sweet dreams about mommy and me. The softness reminds me that I'm safe and I might just need another diaper by morning.