Status: Comments? Recommendations? Subscriptions?

Perfect Insanity

Chapter Twenty-Two

The plane landed and I hurried off the plane and rushed through the building and out to my car. I got in and drove as fast as I could to get home. I pulled up to the scene of police cars and ambulances. I hurried out of my car and found Detective Morgan.

“Where’s Rayven?” I asked and I looked towards the door as paramedics brought her out on a stretcher. I rushed over to them and looked down at my daughter.

“Sir you can follow us to the hospital. We need to get there now.” One of the paramedics said as they put her into the ambulance. I watched as they drove off and another ambulance backed into the space it once occupied. I looked over and Zacky was on it.

“Zacky, what happened?” I asked worryingly.

“I just left the house to get some food and when I came back she was tied to the chair. He must have hit me over the head because the next thing I knew I was tied to a chair beside her.”

“Sir we need to get him to a hospital so step aside.” Another paramedic said as he pushed Zacky into the ambulance. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I seen Detective Morgan.

“How bad are they both?” I asked as the ambulance departed and another one pulled up.

“When I arrived on scene, Rayven was lying unconscious on the floor with a gunshot wound to the back that exited out her chest. Her hands had holes in them from a knife and railroad spikes. Both of their hands were the same. We’ll know more when they are able to make statements.”

“Where’s that son of a bitch?” I said looking around.

“Police shot him as they entered the house because he had his gun drawn on them. He’s dead.” I watched as 2 more paramedics brought out a body bag and loaded it into the ambulance.

“Go be with your daughter. I’ll be there in a few days to see if she’s able to make a statement along with Mr. Baker.” I nodded and ran back over to my car and drove down the road towards the hospital. I parked my car the best I could in a space and ran into the hospital.

“My daughter Rayven was brought in with a gunshot wound to the back and my friend Zacky Baker was brought in at the same time. I want to know where they are.” I said impatiently.

“The doctor took both of them to surgery. I’ll be sure to page him Mr.?”

“Haner…Brian Haner.” I answered.

“Mr. Haner, go have a seat and I’ll page him.” I nodded and walked over to the seats in the waiting area and sat down. How the fuck could those idiots just let him escape from fucking prison like that? Now my daughter may die from a goddamn gunshot wound that could have been prevented with extra security on that fucker. I rubbed over my face with my hand and tried to calm myself down but I won’t be able to unless I’m with my daughter and best friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How fucking long does it take to get some answers on the condition of my daughter and best friend? I’ve been sitting here for hours without a shred of light on the situation of both of them. What the fuck are they doing? I had sent messages to all the guys about what happened and they were leaving their vacation spots and coming back home. I bounced my knee up and down repeatedly as the anxiety began to set into me about what could be happening to my daughter and my best friend. I could never replace both of them if something happened. I just got my daughter back and I don’t want to lose her now.

“Brian!” I looked over as the guys and the girls all came into the waiting area. The all hurried over to me and sat down.

“Is there any word on their condition?”

“Not yet Val.” I said shaking my head.

“She’s strong Brian. She’s survived him for years of torture and being beat half to death and dropped off at your parents. I know she’ll be alright through this.”

“I know Leana but I just got her back. I can’t lose her now.” I said hanging my head.

“Brian Haner?” I looked up at a doctor and I stood to my feet. He came over to me.

“It’s good to see you Brian. I just wish it was on better circumstances.”

“I know Dr. Orion. How are Zacky and my daughter?” I asked sitting back down as he did.

“Both of the surgeries were a success. Rayven’s gunshot wound wasn’t serious. The bullet came within inches of hitting her spine, lungs, and heart. She’s very lucky. The knife wound to her collarbone didn’t leave any nerve damage but where the spikes were driven into her hand; there was a significant amount of damage.”

“How much damage?” I asked leaning on my knees.

“She will lose some of the grip strength in both hands.” I hung my head and I could feel anger boiling into my veins.

“There’s something else you need to know. “

“What?” I asked still looking towards the floor.

“She had been raped…brutally but there was no damage there.” That made me even angrier as I stood to my feet and paced back and forth.

“What about Zacky? How is he doing?” Matt asked as I continued to pace.

“There was no damage to his leg from the knife wound and the spikes didn’t do any damage to his hands. He has a concussion from the butt of a gun hitting him and a few bruised ribs and cuts from a knife and the belt. They both are in the same recovery room if you all would like to see them.”

“That would be great.” Lacy said smiling.

“Come with me.” I stopped pacing as Matt grabbed a hold of my shoulder and told me to follow them to go see Rayven. I did as Matt said and followed all of them to an elevator where we went up 3 or 4 floors before stepping out and continuing with the doctor through double doors and into the recovery room. Dr. Orion opened a door and let us in and I went straight over to my daughter’s beside.

“If you all need anything just go out to the desk and have a nurse page me and I’ll come up.” I nodded and looked at my daughter as he left the room shutting the door behind him. My daughter had tubes running out of her everywhere I looked; from her arms to her collarbone and one out of her mouth helping her to breathe. I gently picked up one of her bandaged hands and rubbed over the wound. I shouldn’t have left. I was supposed to be protecting her and I fucking failed her.

I sat back in my seat with my head propped into my hand as I thought about how happy she was when he was convicted and put into prison. She was so happy that she was free and didn’t have to worry about him getting to her. I want to know how that fucker got out of a damn cell that was supposed to keep him there for a long time. Someone wasn’t doing their damn job or something and I intend to find out what went on.

I looked over as Zacky started to wake up. I went over to his side of the bed and he looked up at me.

“Where’s Rayven?”

“She’s in the bed right next to you. How are you feeling?” I said as he looked over and seen Rayven.

“I’m sorry Brian. I was supposed to be looking after her. I will understand if you never want me to look after her anymore.”

“Hey it wasn’t your fault. How would any of us know Bill would break out of prison and come after her? He didn’t know where Rayven lived unless he found out by someone informing him and Zacky you can look after Rayven anytime you want. Now I’d like to know something before the police get at you.” I explained as he looked at his hands.

“First I want to know if I’ll be able to play.”

“The doctor said there was no nerve damage and you’ll be able to play anytime you wish too.” I said smiling.

“That’s great.”

“Now tell me what happened.” I said sitting back.

“Well half of the day I was showing her how to play Call of Duty, which she is good at, and then she asked me to teach her how to swim. I mean Leana suggested that she could teach her when she wanted. Anyways after I taught her all the basic shit, we went back into the house to change and while I was sitting on the couch watching some TV, she was in the kitchen looking for something to eat. She called out to me and I came into the kitchen and she asked me how Mickey D’s sounded and I told her it would be awesome. So she had me leaving the house to go and get the food.

When I got back, I saw her tied in the chair and when I got halfway to her I got knocked over the head. When I came back to reality, my wrists and ankles were cuffed to a chair. She yelled at him not to hurt me and he slapped her in the face so I tried to get free and help her but I couldn’t. Then he stuck a knife to my cheek and cut me. She yelled again for him to stop but then he kept punching me over and over in the face and then once in the gut. Next thing I know he stabs me in the leg leaving the knife in. I looked over at Rayven as he went towards her with another knife and he stabbed her repeatedly in the collarbone before leaving the knife in her flesh.

He went over to a bag that was on the floor and took out 4 large spikes and a hammer and nailed her hands to the chair and then came over and did it to mine. I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain I was in but when he grabbed my cell phone out of my pocket, it woke me up. I didn’t know who the hell he was calling until he said my name.”

“That’s when he called me and told me about you 2 and what he wanted.” I said hanging my head.

“What did he want?”

“He wanted me to sign over my rights to Rayven. I wouldn’t do that to her. I couldn’t do that to her.” I said shaking my head.

“I know Brian. I tried to help her but I just couldn’t get loose and even if I could, I would have done real damage to my hands.”

“I know you tried everything you could Zacky. What happened after that?” I said taking a deep breath.

“He told us we only had a little while to live and in that time he was going to have fun with Rayven. When he ripped her shirt off and unlocked her cuffs from her ankles. I tried again with all my strength to get free but I couldn’t. Brian he raped her and she screamed out so loud and I couldn’t do a damn thing to help her! All I could do was turn my head and try and block out her screams. When he was through with her, he left her like that and I told him to at least cover her up but he turned on me and took off his belt and whipped furiously on my chest. I would look over at her and she would be in like a comatose state.

The next thing I know she’s out of the chair and tackling him to the ground and punching the shit out of him. She grabbed her pants and put them back on and unlocked my ankles and wrists and tried to pull the spikes out but I yelled out in pain and it stopped her. Then I heard a gunshot and she looked down at her chest and seen the hole and fell to the ground. I thought she was dead but when the police officers came in and a paramedic was holding her wound. I yelled at her telling her to keep her eyes open but she closed them. I swear to God Brian if I could have gotten out of that chair, I would have killed him with my bare hands.”

“I know Zacky but Bill is dead now and he won’t ever hurt any of us.” I said pushing the anger away. I didn’t want Zacky seeing that I was ready to punch the living fuck out of something. My blood boiled when he told me what he did to her. I wanted to find his body and tear it up like he did my daughter’s.

----------------------------------------Zacky’s POV-----------------------------------

I feel like everything that happened at Brian’s house is my entire fault. If I would have just sent out for a pizza or something instead of leaving the house, none of this would have happened to her. I hurt the one person I’ve cared a lot about. How could I do that? I looked over as Brian sat beside Rayven and slept in the chair. I should have protected her more carefully. What kind of a friend am I? I can’t even keep my best friends’ daughter safe from a monster.
♠ ♠ ♠
there ya go!!