Status: Working on it. ~

Symphony of Melancholy

Marcie Blanc

A year later, we were touring in America. I was twenty at the time, and we were on Vans Warped Tour. Every band dreamed of being on Warped and getting that chance to play everyday for thousands of people a day.

What were weren’t expecting was for it to take a huge toll on us as people and a band. Me, included.

It was about half-way through the tour when we got a day off and the we all went somewhere to relax. That’s where I met the next “subject of my attraction”.

Not being one of the huge bands that everyone recognized, we could get away with going to a mall and not being swarmed with screaming girls. But even if that wasn’t the case, we had problems with the people in the stores.

Every person we tried to buy something from, would freak out about our accents. They’re Americans, accents are everything to them. Multiple random girls just gave me their number, and it was hard to just turn them down nicely.

Then there was one girl. She was a little heavy set, and was hell bent on making her hers. She followed me around for some time before resorting to coming up to me and flirting, very disturbingly might I add.

There was no getting away from this girl. That is, until she stepped in.
I didn’t know her name, I didn’t know who she was, all I know is she came up to me, and spoke with an accent calling me her “boyfriend”.

I understood immediately what she was doing.

After the creepy girl realized what was going on, she left promptly. All I could do was thank my mysterious savior and offer to buy her lunch.

Her name was Marcie Blanc. She turned out to not have an accent, she just wanted to sell the whole thing. I thought it was amazing.

I told her what I did, and she was fascinated with it. She was fascinated with me. And she was just a brilliant person.

Then she told me the story about her parents kicking her out, and how she couldn’t find a job and was basically just living out of her friend’s apartment.

Against my better judgement, I offered to let her ride on the bus for a little while. Just until we came back through this town, which we were suppose to because we did have a show here next month.

Hesitantly, she agreed. I told her where our bus was staying for the night and she said she’d go back to her friend’s, get her stuff, and then come there.

After she left, I had a hard to convincing everyone to let me bring her along.

Everyone was just saying “You don’t even know her” and “She could be a serial killer”. But after I told them it was just for a month, they let it slide.

When she came there that night, all the guys immediately warmed up to her. I was glad for that.

Long story short, a few weeks later, after getting close and being around each other non-stop, I asked her out.

She didn’t even hesitate and said yes. I was thrilled.

She ended up staying on, even after we passed her town again. She loved walking up to me, in front of my fans, and just hugging me and holding my hand. I didn’t have much of a problem with it.

Then, it was time for the tour to be over. And her being American, I had to make the decision of either asking her to come back with us, or stay.

I thought about it for a few days, and then finally decided to ask. The day we were to leave. All of her stuff was already with us, I mean why not?

That afternoon, since our flight was that night, I took her out to eat.

I let her order whatever she wanted and we ate and had a good time. I was almost too scared to even ask her.

“So, you know that we’re going back to England today” I brought up casually.

“Yeah” She said, kind of sadly.

“I was wondering if, well, you’d like to come with us” I said quietly.

She stopped chewing and put down her fork. She sat there for a while.

“Look, Josh-” She finally said. I cut her off.

“If you don’t want to, that’s fine. I understand” I said quickly, flagging down the waitress for the check.

She waited until the lady left before speaking again. “It’s not that I don’t want to go to England, it’s just..” She hesitated, “I don’t love you, Josh. I was just with you to see what it’s like to be with someone famous. My friend is waiting for me, and I have a plane ticket to go back.”

My blood ran cold. Everything went a little slower. Of course, how could I not see this coming?

I just nodded before throwing down the money and getting up to leave. I heard her follow me out.

“I’m sorry, Josh. I loved the time we spent together, thought” She shouted. I just turned and gave her the finger before continuing my walk back.

It was heartbreak number three, and I was sick of it.

I was sick of girls like Marcie Blanc already.