Status: One-Shot as of right now, might add another chapter, or turn it into a story...

Seventeen Year Old ***er

1/1

DRU
“Why did you kill them Dru?” The psychologist, Dr. Sarah Jones, asked me as I stared blankly at her, bound in a straight-jacket. My right leg bounced up and down in boredom as I waited for her to give up.
“I’ll only tell you what I tell everyone who asks me that tedious question,” I told her with a smirk, knowing it would irritate her. I can easily irritate anyone, even those with the patience of a “saint”.
“Why did you kill twenty-five innocent young teenagers?” Dr. Jones as she leaned towards me. I snorted suddenly, startling her, making her jump back.
“Innocent? They were far from fucking innocent, doctor,” I sneered at her.
“Explain,” She said, ready to start writing. I rolled my eyes at her- I was just going to tell her what I told her last week.
“They beat the living shit out of kids and verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused them! Including me!” I roared angrily, feeling my blood start to boil the more I talked about them. Dr. Jones wrote furiously on her legal pad. “They caused several kids to kill themselves, or attempt to! They made the lives of anyone who wasn’t apart of their group living. Fucking. Hell! They fucking deserved to die! And I was the only one who had the fucking guts to do so! To stand up to those assholes and save everyone! What’s twenty-five assholes, pricks, bitches, sluts, cunts, whores, jackasses, drug-dealers, and rapists to the lives of everyone else in the school?!”
Four guards came rushing into the room as I attempted to stand up. Two grabbed my legs and the other two grabbed the handles on my straight-jacket and they hauled me out of the room before I could launch at the psychologist.
“Twenty-five versus one thousand and five hundred some odd kids! You fucking choose, you goddamn cunt!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I was quickly carried away, back to “The Hole”, as it was called here in the asylum.

The Hole is basically solitary-confinement, but you’re either stuck in a straight-jacket or your wrists are chained to the walls, with just enough room to move to find a position to fall asleep in. The Hole is for only one person at a time, so as long as I’m stuck here, I will most likely always be in there. The walls are padded and there is only one light- a single light bulb in the middle of the ceiling.

The guards put me in, what everyone has dubbed as, my room. I’m always in there. No freedom to converse with other patients or eat with them. I’m given a tray of food to eat in my room every meal. The guards are at least kind enough to undo my straight-jacket and shackle me to the wall. Once they’ve stepped back, I throw my arms out in front of me, popping my elbows, and crack my knuckles, sighing in relief. All the guards leave but my nurse, Emily, comes in and crouches in front of me. I may be strong, but she still knows I don’t like being locked in practically a cage.
“Dru, Dru, Dru,” Emily sighs, pushing my dark brown bangs out of my face and behind my ear. “I know you practically hate everyone, but if you want to get out of here, you have to cooperate with us honey.” Emily is the only one in here I don’t hate. She’s sweet and kind no matter what any patient says or does. She knows what it’s like to be a patient- she used to try to kill herself when she was a teen. Now, she’s in her thirties.
“I can’t help it if they ask me the same fucking question every single time! They fucking piss me off!” I whined. Emily smiled slightly at me.
“I know honey, but you’ve got to learn to control that beast that is your anger, your resentment, the reason you’re locked away from everyone else. If you behave, you’ll be given privileges of a regular room and you’ll be able to read and write like you want, and, once you’ve improved significantly, you’ll be able to have your laptop and listen to your music. Wouldn’t that be nice?” She asked me. I sighed, but nodded. It would be nice.
“Good, then work with us here Dru,” Emily said. She patted my cheek and stood, leaving my room. The door closed and I heard the bars slide across the door, locking me back in here.

TATE
“I can’t believe it,” Ben said as everyone stood next to me, watching the girl, Dru, “Someone’s finally crazier than you.”
I rolled my eyes. “Oh, shut the fuck up Ben. You liked me once, remember?” He glared at me.
“You’re the reason the majority of everyone in this house is dead, remember?” He shot back. I just rolled my eyes and looked back at Dru. She looked absolutely bored out of her fucking mind.
“I’m surprised she isn’t freaked out, being down here in the basement,” Moira said, speaking the thought on everyone’s mind.
“Why anyone would make this place into an asylum for ‘troubled teens’ is beyond me,” Chad said, using quotes.

The House of Help for Troubled Teens. That’s what this place was. We all agreed and looked back at the girl to see that she was out cold now, lying on her stomach on the floor with her head on her arms. The door unlocked and Emily came in with a blanket on her arms. She opened up the blanket before covering Dru so she wouldn’t freeze.
“Goodnight Dru,” Emily whispered, looking down at the girl with sad eyes, and left the room, the door relocking.

Dru
The door unlocked, waking me from my slumber. I groaned as extra light hit my face, using the blanket to cover my head.
“Dru, I have something to tell you,” Emily said, sounding sad. I immediately looked up at her and sat up, letting the blanket fall.
“What’s up Emily? You’re normally perky,” I stated, tilting my head to the side like a dog. Emily couched down so she was looking right into my dark brown eyes.
“Dru, honey, you’re brother,” She started but choked, causing me to narrow my eyes. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before looking at me. “You’re brother was in a car accident last night. He was taken to the hospital. Two hours ago, he passed away.”
It felt like someone stabbed my heart with a knife and ripped it out. I’m sure I went pale.
“Y-You’re sure?” I asked, my eyes watering. For once, I showed weakness. I was always showing anger, annoyance, and amusement. But now, weakness.
“I’m sorry,” Emily said, nodding. My blood started to boil.
“YOU’RE FUCKING LYING TO ME!” I screamed, standing up as Emily quickly backed up.
“No I’m not! I swear, I’d never lie to you!” She told me, trying to calm me down.
“AND WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU?!” I screamed at her. The guards rushed in to try to stop me as I ran towards Emily. Almost easily, I ripped the chains away from the wall and used them to strangle, bash, and kill the four guards.
I looked at Emily with sad eyes and said, “I like you, but I have to kill you.” Before she could beg for her life, I strangled her to death. I left my room and launched at everyone I saw. Time to take my revenge and escape.

TATE
“Okay, she’s worse than you,” Ben declared as we all watched Dru mercilessly kill every staff member in the place. She had gotten the cuffs off of her arms and had opted for a crowbar, knife, and shotgun. And damn, she actually kind of made me proud in a way. No, I wasn’t affecting her, but still.
“Shit, here comes the SWAT team,” Hayden said as they stormed into the house. They cornered Dru upstairs in what used to be my room, now a staff lounge room.
“FREEZE! DROP YOUR WEAPONS! HANDS IN THE AIR! TURN AROUND SLOWLY!” Dru simply obeyed the orders. As she faced the heavily-armed SWAT team, she grinned evilly, her clothes and face covered in blood.
Just like I did when I was in her position, she changed her right hand into a gun, pointed it at her temple, and pretended to pull the trigger while saying calmly,“Boom.”
And just like me, the SWAT team opened fire, emptying a whole clip of hot metal into her chest each. She collapsed on the floor on her back, staring up at the ceiling with her mouth open in mid-scream.
But, unlike me, a weird cloud of black smoke came rushing out of her mouth to stand next to her head, forming in a tall, thin figure with glowing red eyes. It grinned evilly at the SWAT team, who were too stunned to do shit.
“Looks like I caused this girl to kill so many people, and her own death. Oopsies,” It chuckled darkly in a male’s deep, husky, gravelly voice. His mouth was full of jagged teeth, like tiny daggers. It chuckled once more and the lights went out. When they came back on only two seconds later, the figure was gone.

DRU
I opened my eyes with a groan, the sunlight hitting my eyes. Using my arm, I shielded my eyes and sat up, my back to the window. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, stretching my arms high above my head, causing several bones to pop. Wait, sunlight? I snapped my head around the room to see that I was in a staff lounge.
“What the fuck happened?” I asked myself and looked down at my clothes and hands. “And why am I covered in blood?!”
“You’re dead,” A guy’s voice said from the doorway. I jumped a little and snapped my head up to see a tall, seventeen year old looking boy with curly blond hair and dark brown eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him.
“How is that fucking possible if I’m able to move?” I asked.
“Ever heard of ghosts?” He asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe. My mouthed formed an “o” shape and I dropped my head backwards with a groan.
“So I’m stuck here for the rest of eternity then,” I said.
“Yeah, like the rest of us,” The guy said. I looked back at him and cocked my head to the side like I normally do.
“You’re Tate Langdon, aren’t you?” I asked, causing him to furrow his eyebrows.
“How do you know that?” He asked. So I was right.
I answered with a smirk, “There’s a reason this house is still called the Murder House. Before everything, I looked up famous historical places in town, and this was one place.”
“So you already know the majority of the people who died here then,” Tate stated. I nodded.
“Pretty much, yeah.” He said and walked over. He held out a hand and I took it, allowing him to help me up. Once I was standing, I realized I was just two or three inches shorter than him.
“What the fuck happened?” I asked, gesturing around the room. He looked at me curiously.
“You don’t remember anything? We all remembered everything as soon as we woke up,” He said.
“The last thing I fully remember is going to a graveyard with my friends one night, just fucking around to scare each other three years ago,” I said.
“Anything else?” Tate asked.
“I remember bits and pieces of the past three years, little things. But I do remember all the hate and resentment I felt, a-and...” I faded off, looking down at my feet.
“And?” He pressed.
“And the killing. All the preparing, the screams, the blood, the pure rush I felt. Both at my school, and here. And I kind of liked it... And I remember Emily telling me that my brother d-died.” I stopped and closed my eyes, breathing deeply through my nose. Tate put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed gently, causing me to open my eyes and looked at him.
“Hey, it’s okay. Everyone else might be a bit freaked out of you, like they are of me, but I’m not afraid of you. You’ll always have me, alright?” He asked, raising his eyebrow slightly.
“Well, at least I’m not gonna be alone,” I said. Tate half-smiled and I returned the gesture as he dropped his arm.
“So you don’t remember being possessed then,” He told me, taking me off guard. I shook my head slightly and looked at him.
“What?” I asked.
“After you landed on your back from being shot, this huge black cloud of smoke came out of your mouth and formed into a tall, thin guy with glowing red eyes and daggers for teeth. He said, ‘Looks like I caused this girl to kill so many people, and her own death. Oopsies,’ and then the lights flashed, and he was gone,” He explained. I groaned, dropping my head backwards.
“Fucking shit. Was I really that stupid?” I asked myself.
“What’re you talking about?” Tate asked. I looked back at him with a sigh.
“When my friends and I were at the graveyard, they dared me to call up some demon. So I did. I cut my hand with my pocket knife and let the blood fall onto some leaves. I called out for a demon of hate and death. And that’s when I lose my full memory,” I explained.
“So therefore, he possessed you and changed you into something you’re not,” Tate said.
“Kind of,” I said sheepishly. He raised an eyebrow at me, wanting me to continue. “I’ve always had hate and resentment buried deep. I did have demented, evil thoughts of killing everyone who pissed me off and shit, but I would instantly shove them away and focus on what made me happy. Then the demon possessed me and released all of my emotions, so shit changed.”
Tate looked at me apologetically, but I just shrugged. “I’m dead, there’s no use being upset over it.”
Tate chuckled, “You’re taking your death real well.” Again, I shrugged.
“What the fuck could I possibly do?” I asked. To that, he shrugged as well.
“Well, since you know who I am, what’s your name?” He asked.
“As if you lot don’t already know,” I snorted but answered anyway, sticking my hand out. “Dru Serlin. Seventeen year old murderer.”
Tate chuckled and shook my hand. “Tate Langdon. Seventeen year old murderer as well.” And then, he added, “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, Dru.”
“I agree, Tate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I just randomly started writing this.
As of right now, it's just a one-shot.
But, I could very easily turn it into a two-shot,
or a story.
But I need your comments!