To Be Born Different.

My first day.

"Sayaka-san. would you come in here please?"
I took a deep breath and slid open the door to the classroom. Once I had, I couldn't stand still, it was as if something was pulling me into the large classroom. I walked in as casually as I could and stood beside the teacher staring at the class.

"Well Sayaka-san, why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher smiled at me ushering me to hurry up with my introduction.

"Hello, my name is Matsui Sayaka, it's a pleasure to meet you." I bowed once I had finished. I looked up at the teacher expectantly.

"Well then, you can sit next to Miyu over there on the right." The teacher gestured to an empty desk on the right. I looked at the person sitting beside that desk and noticed that it was a cute girl that seemed to be staring at me. The desk second from the back on the right beside a window with a view of the cherry blossoms. I thought that she was just an ordinary junior-high student at first, then I looked again. She had the ears of a cat! The fur on her ears matched that of her hair colour. She looked like one of those Neko-people you would see in a Moe-manga! Then again, i'm one to talk...

The teacher lifted his eyebrows. "Now I hope that all of you will treat Sayaka-san with complete respect." .

I walked over to my desk somehow managing to avoid eye contact with the girl. I plopped my bag on my chair and sat down in my seat, still averting my eyes from her shocked stare. I could feel her stare against the back of my head. The hairs on my neck were now sticking upright from the feeling of being watched. I hesitantly turned my head to see that she had leaned closer to get a better look at me. I quickly turned my head back around so that I could no longer see her.

'What's her problem? Why's she looking at me like that? Wait. No, it cant be! Has she noticed? No! I take extra care in hiding them as hair extensions everyday before I go outside!' I thought in frustration.

"So the English term for キツネ is FOX." The teacher explained.

'Fox? Is that how you say it? It sounds strange, even for a word from another language. It sounds different, weird, strange... just like me.' I thought trying not to show the sadness I felt inside.

I felt something hit the back of my head. (which I had converted back to a normal position once that girl had stopped staring at me.) I turned around to see that everybody behind me had their heads down doing there work so I wasn't able to tell who had hit me. I looked down at the floor beside me and saw a scrunched up piece of paper.

'Passing notes huh?' I thought as I picked up the paper without the teacher spotting me. I opened up the scrunched-up paper as quietly as I could, and looked at the message inside. It read;

HI THERE.
YOUR NAME IS SAYAKA YEAH? COOL NAME! Q(=w=)
ARE YOU SINGLE? IF SO, WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME? (>.<)
YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW WHO I AM SO PLEASE MEET ME BEHIND THE COURTYARD AT THE THREE TREES AT THE START OF LUNCH. ^^

~ ANONYMOUS. ~(-w-)~

"Oh god." I whispered. "Not another one."
I would get messages like this all the time from the boys at my old school. They would leave a letter in my shoe locker, they would toss me a note, or the really brave and really stuck-up ones would ask me in person, and yet, I would always turn them down. All of them, because I knew that a relationship with me wouldn't work out. Especially if he found out.

"DONG! DONG! DONG!" The sound of first period ending awoke me from my distant memories.

I stood up out of my chair grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I didn't have a locker yet. I was about to get one. I was walking towards the door when three girls blocked my path.

"Hi there! Your new around here right? Why don't we give you a tour of the grounds? We have a free period next up anyways." The middle one asked me with a confident smile. She had long curly blond hair that was tied in a pony tail to the side. Only some of it was tied up though. She also blue eye's that reminded me of the sea. Well, I wouldn't actually know. I have never been out to sea or even to the beach. I had only seen pictures that could have been edited.

"Uh, I was just about to meet the principal so that he could show me where my locker is, so I..."

"That's perfect! I need to see the principal as well!" The one on the right interrupted. This one had short brown hair with a fringe that covered her right eye.

"Well, um, I guess it's OK then..."

"GREAT!"

"We'll meet you in the courtyard then Saki." The one of the left told the one on the right. The left one had Goldy-brown hair that was the longest out of all of them.she had it out with an orange hairband which was holding her fringe back. The girl named Saki had then taken hold of my arm and waved good-bye to the other two. We then set off to find the principal, Saki had to lead seeing as I had no idea where the principals office was supposed to be.

'Saki seems like a really cheerful person, I wouldn't mind being friends with her.' I thought as we dashed through the crowd to the principals office. We were running pretty fast but we eventually came to a stop in front of a large, dark blue door with 校長 (principal) engraved center-top of the ominous door. I stared up at it. Without warning, Saki dashed past me and slammed the door open.

"S, Saki-san!" I said in surprise. Though Saki seemed happy. As if she didn't do anything wrong, and apparently, she didn't.

I peered in through the door to see a bulky-like man in a navy suit and white and blue diagonally striped tie sitting at a large, rather untidy desk with an open laptop. And sitting opposite him, was the girl from before, weeping.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little chapter from Sayaka's point of view. ^^