All I Need Is Faith

1

“Come on Katie you’re going to be late for school!” shouted Jake to his adorable six year old daughter.

“I’m coming dad I just can’t find my shoe!” Katie replied back.

Jake sighed a little frustrated but smiled when he saw Katie coming out of her bedroom dressed in a yellow sun dress with her golden hair down to her shoulders and her big blue eyes looking around the kitchen and under the table in search to find her lost shoe.

“Found it!” she shouted happily and put on her shoes.

“OK! Hi 5!” said Jake and he gave Katie hi 5.

“So do you have everything? Your backpack and your lunch?” Asked Jake as he was looking around for his keys and found them on the kitchen table.

“Yes sir,” she said imitating a soldier’s voice.

Jake grabbed her hand and in seconds they were out of their apartment. They got in his car and Jake helped Katie getting her seat belt done.

After a few minutes they arrived at Katie’s school, she kissed her father on the cheek and he returned it back by kissing her forehead and she left.

Jake watched his daughter leave and then went to work. He worked as a web designer in a company. He loves it and it gets the bills paid as he says it.

***

“Hurry up Faith!” Faith’s mum yelled from downstairs for the third time.

“I’m coming, just another minute!” Faith shouted back.

“Well you’re going to be late for your interview,” her mum replied back.

About a minute later Faith was downstairs dressed in a pair of brown trousers that fitted her curves really nice, a red shirt with black heels. She wore just some blue eye-liner that matched her blue eyes, and mascara as make up and she had her long straight hair down to her shoulders. Faith wore some perfume which smelled of lavender and she also wore a necklace which had a cross on it.

“Ready mum,” she said glancing in the mirror for the tenth time this morning.

“Don’t forget your copy of the story,” Faith’s mum reminded her.

“Yeah I got it,” said Faith and grabbed her keys.
They got into Faith’s car and drove to the place she was supposed to meet the guy that was considering publishing her story. Yes Faith is a writer, a good one actually.

5 minutes later Faiths topped the car and stood there in her car taking deep breaths. Her mother saw her shudder so she placed her hand on Faith’s.

“Everything is going to be alright, they’re going to love your story don’t worry,” her mother assured her. Faith nodded and took off her seat belt.

They entered the building and inside they saw a lady sitting in front of a desk. She had short brown hair and a pale complexion. She looked at them and smiled, she had a sweet and welcoming smile.

They walked to her desk admiring the photographs that were on the wall. Some of them were snap shots of the sunset and others of the sunrise. While others were some of what looked like New Zealand mountains. Faith focused back on the lady in front of us when she spoke.

“Good morning I’m Jessica. I presume you are Faith Rogers and you’re her mother Annie Rogers,” she said in a pleasant voice.

“Yes,” Faith replied and she extended her hand for us to shake.

“Mr. Martin will see in a few minutes,” she said and then showed Faith and her mother were they could wait.

“Thank you,” Faith and her mother both said and then she left back to her desk.

Both women sat there silent. Her mother was reading a magazine she found on a small table in front of them. Faith was too anxious to say anything she just sat there staring at the story she had written. What if they didn’t like it? All the hard work for nothing! She thought.

But she couldn’t think any more because there in front of them re appeared Jessica and told them that Mr. Martin will see them now.
They slowly got up and followed Jessica to Mr. Martin’s office. Faith had butterflies in her stomach and she couldn’t wait to know what his answer is going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?
comments would be great