Silence is Deadly

Silence is Deafening

Katie was late…again.

We had been waiting out the front of her house for at least an hour…. okay, about 15 minutes, but we were late. The biggest party was already in motion, and I was excited to just get an invite! I had liked Tommy for over a year, and tonight I was going to tell him, I didn’t care what happened, I was going to let the chips fall and land where they lay.

I was breaking all the rules tonight.

I wasn’t going to be the shy girl I had been for years, I was going to be someone.

And it started tonight.

Finally, we got to the curvy road up to the mountain where Tommy lived, after having to sit though Katie’s millions of apologizes as to why she was late. It was quiet in the back, something unheard of, the five of us were known for making noise… well my four best friends anyway.

I was having trouble seeing the road clearly it was so dark, that, plus one of my front lights had been ripped out, I now had a seriously grudge against Epping Plaza.

Rosalie leaned forward to grab a CD from the compartment. It was then the arguing started.

Rosalie was well known for her….abstract taste in music. I looked over at Sam, who was sitting next to me. She had her dark hair over her face, a sure sign something was up. Sam was having a hard time, her and her boyfriend had just broken up, telling her, he found her boring. Sam was totally crushed over it, she had confessed to me, that she had dreamed of them getting married one day.

I looked in my rear view mirror to see how picking the CD was going, and I had to smile, the girls were up in arms about it, a choice out of My Chemical Romance or Chris Brown. Rosalie was torn; she could not believe no one want to listen to My Chemical Romance, her favorite band. I had tuned out of there argument, and was surprised when I listen in, the volume of it. I tried to intervene, saying we’d be there soon, and not to worry about it.

What none of us had expected was Sam's reaction.