Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Squishy windows and roommates

I remember lying in bed crying. Crying over the death of my father, how I get bullied in school, how I had nothing left to live for. I remember Daniel always comforting me, always telling me that it would be okay. But nothing worked. I wanted death so badly. I could even taste it on my tongue. I even gave up on music. But that was when All Time Low came into my life.

I was in the living room, lazing on the sofa when my brother came into the room and showed me this band that was performing a few states down.

"Blake, check out this band!" Daniel said as he plumped his butt next to me. It reminded me of my dad. He introduced my brother and I to the world of music. He was the reason I played guitar, drums, piano and violin. I looked at the screen.

4 guys on stage, surrounded by high-pitched screaming females. Where were the boys? I immediately assumed it was one of those fake boy-band, but boy was I wrong.

They were amazing. For some reason, the more I watched, the more the music flowed through my veins, to my head then to my heart. I felt this strange adrenaline rush, this strange energy feeling in my chest, some sort of strength in my heart. Then I was hooked.

The band made me.. happy. Gave me a reason to live again, to smile, to take on the bullies with confidence. And I got back my happy life. I started to play music again, I started waking up with a smile on my face, and a smile through out the day.

So, all I wanted to do was to thank them. To thank them for giving me a reason... to thank them for giving me hope. But how could I do that when they live miles away from where I am, Dublin.

So on the last day of my senior year, my brother left for university, and I applied for California's International Music Academy. The only thing is, it's an all-boys school. So I cut my hair, wrapped my boobs up with bandages (not like I had much to hide anyway), edited my name to 'Blake', edited my documents and set off for California.

And that is how I got here. Staring up at the tall gates of the academy, smiling like an idiot. This is where I would meet All Time Low, thank them and disappear. Then maybe I would start a career with music. Like my dad.

A group of girls were chattering, waiting for something. They all held banners in their hand but I was too lazy to read them. I checked my appearance in the reflection of the glass to make sure I really looked like a dude before walking up to a guard and said, "Excuse me, I'm a transfer student who-" I got cut off by the group of girls squealing.The guard ignored my unfinished question and ran to the group of girls.

"MOVE IT! MOVE IT!" He said as he swatted the squealing girls away as a white van pulled up to the road. I ran to the guard and asked him again. "HOW DO I GET IN!" I screamed over the screams of the teenage girls. Once again, ignored.

Instead, I somehow got sucked into the crowd and pushed against the white van. "Oi!" I screamed as I tried to push my way out, but the girls kept pushing me back into the van. Some girl screamed and headbutted into me stomach, making my face squished against the mirror of the van. "GET OFF!" I screamed.

I feel sorry for the guy on the van, having to see my face squished against the glass. I screamed again, but was unable to overpower the loudness of the girls. Finally, the security guard manage to get all of the girls away from the van, freeing my from my almost fatal death.

I grumbled incoherent foul words at the guard before storming off through the gates, that were halfway opening for the white van. I dragged my suitcase along the ground (boarding school!) as I looked around. The school had a big garden, with lots of students jogging and relaxing. There were a few fountains, and a park for skaters.

The building soon came into sight after stretches of lawns and grasslands. There 6 buildings in total, 3 dorms, a cafeteria, a gym/practice room and the main school building. The buildings were big and modern with bricks and glass panels that were floor to ceiling high. The scenery suddenly got interrupted as the white van zoomed passed me. The wind blew hard as the van sped away from sight.

"Bloody van.. Thinks this is his grandfather's road.." I grumbled as I fixed my hair and continued walking. My hair was cut short, but I still kept my swoopy bangs. I had black hair and grey eyes. I had an Irish accent with a slight twang to it. My mom was American, my dad was Irish, so I spent my childhood shifting between America and Ireland. I have an average height, about 5 ft 6, and a lip piercing. I kinda liked my look.

Finally, I reached the main building. It was a few stories high and looked very intimidating. I checked my appearance again then walked into the building. The students eyes me up and down and gave me the kind of look that new kids get.

I found the door with the words, 'TEACHERS ROOM' painted on it. I slowly opened the door and peeked in. There were about 12 adults in there, all about 30-40 years old, laughing and sipping their hot coffee's. I stepped in and eyed around for a friendly looking teacher.

"YOU! WHERE IS YOUR UNIFORM!" a voice stopped me dead in my tracks. I turned and faced a balding man, with a stern look on his face. He's probably seen about 45 summers, and you could tell he was a disciplinary teacher. I looked at my clothes. Dark wash skinny jeans, a red New Found Glory hoodie, black and red converse, and my hat.

"I-I'm a n-new student." I stuttered afraid that he would catch the feminine in my voice. I cleared my throat and 'manned-up' as I answered. "Oh.." he said, disappointed that he couldn't bring any justice to the school discipline today. He showed me to the secretary as I received my class schedule and dorm key. I sat down outside the principal's office, waiting to see him as I listened to some music.

Just as I got to one of my favourite All Time Low song, the door swung open and out came a boy with a gray beanie, brown hair and chocolate eyes. Oh.. my.. God.. Alex God-Damn Gaskarth is standing right in front of me. 'Say something, you idiot!' my brain screamed as he looked at me. His face was annoyed and stressed.

"H-h-hi.." I stammered as he walked away. I gave myself a head-slap. What the fucking fuck was I doing. There goes first impressions. "The principal will see you now!" The secretary said with a lot of enthusiasm. "Thanks.." I mumbled as I walked in. The principal was a 30 year old with blonde hair and brown eyes. He looked friendly.

"Good afternoon, Blake." he said as I greeted him back, "Afternoon, sir." He gestured for me to sit. "Welcome to our school, I just wanted to brief you about some rules and stuff." He started and dragged on about shit.

Dorm curfew at 11:30, no later. No eating in dorms? (You gotta be fucking kidding me). No cutting class, no smoking, no alcohol, and only allowed to go home during the weekends and holidays. No kids from other schools allowed in, and he stressed alot on this one...

NO GIRLS

Well, it's only say thank you and run. How long could I take? Well classes start tomorrow and I have today to rest and look around the school.

I decided to go to my dorm, Room 303 of the third dorm building. The room was darn cool. It had a spiral staircase to go up to the top bed which was like it's own floor (Which i declare mine), below it was another bed with someone's belongings on it. I assumed that bed is occupied. My top bunk had a bed, a wardrobe, and a shelf. I assumed it was about 200x270 meters square.

There's 2 study desks, a toilet, a couch and a TV. It had really modern furniture and colourful decorations. I unpacked my clothes in the wardrobe on my top bunk floor. I carefully hid my pads and private female items underneath a stack of clothes. Don't want anybody finding that.

I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling, daydreaming about meeting Alex Gaskarth. I smiled as I imagined how he would smile warmly... how he would sing with his angelic voice... My thoughs were interrupted when the front door opened and slammed close.

ALEX'S POV

The boy whose face got squished by fans on our van window, he's a new kid. Fresh meat. Usually, I would ignore the other kids, but this boy seemed different. He looks so weird. The only good thing so far was that he had good taste in music judging by his New Found Glory hoodie. Then I saw him again outside the principal's office. Nah, there isn't anything special about him. Just another student.

The principal and I had been talking about my voice. After our bands short tour, I had a really bad sore throat. Doctor's told me that I had to rest and drink lots of water or I won't be able to sing again, but I only trust the doctor in this school. Dr. Reid. He was my doctor since the beginning, always taking care of me. He was sort of like my buddy.

But Dr. Reid told me the same thing. Rest and water. But I don't want to rest, I wan to sing. But what if I never sing again?

I decided to take today off and start lesson's tomorrow even though there were lessons now. I walked back to my dorm, greeted by other students. SO annoying, but these are the consequences of becoming famous. I opened the door to my dorm and heard.

"Hi, I'm Blake Conrad! You're roommate from today onwards!"

What... The.. Fuck...

BLAKE'S POV

"Hi, I'm Blake Conrad! You're roommate from today onwards!" I greeted as I walked down the staircase to greet my roommate. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands.

My roommate was......

Oh, shit!
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 1.. tell me if you like it. Thanks for reading! :)This story is for Vauge Memory (Antonia) (http://www.mibba.com/Member/274570/) who requested this story.