Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Way past bedtime.

It was 8:50, another 10 minutes until I have to meet Alex at Riff's kennel. I'm still wondering what this is all about. Maybe he found out that I'm not a guy? Maybe he has to tell me something important that will probably change my life forever..

Laid next to Riff's kennel was a picnic mat, food and a Bunsen burner. Riff was waiting for me with a now tie around his neck. Alex wasn't here but it seemed that he had left Riff to usher me to my seat. "Hey, boy!" I greeted him and ruffled his fur at the neck. He barked almost as if he was telling me to sit down. I obeyed Riff's orders and sat down on the red and white checkered mat. It was already past 9, but Alex has yet to make an appearance. I played with Riff a bit until my phone buzzed and a text came in.

'I have a situation to solve, I'm sorry to make you wait but could u? Until I come back. I promise! :)'

Ouch.. I felt a little hurt that I got stood up. But this isn't a date anyway.. so I shouldn't feel like that. But I can't help when my heart screams louder than my mind. I sighed and shook my head at Alex. "At this rate, he's never ever going to be a gentleman." I mumbled to Riff. Nevertheless, I decided to sit and wait for Alex to come. Little did I know he would take almost an eternity.

I played ball with Riff and even ran back to the dorm and took my skateboard and a second trip for my guitar. Alex still wasn't here. I tried to imagine what kind of situation he could be in that he had to take so long to solve.

Could he be defending the Earth from an alien attack? Or maybe some band problems came up.. Maybe he is traveling back in time? Nah... I was so caught up in my imagination that I had forgot about the time. It was already half past 10. Well, I guess I could wait a bit more...

The alien attack has him caught up in space
Tried to blast Earth, without leaving a trace
But the government, has hired ATL to help

Flying jets, and real special suits
They were forced to save our planet
Kick them aliens to their knees

They will all work together
But 4 guys ain't enough
To defeat these icky creatures....

I trailed off as I spontaneously made up a parody of Remembering Sunday mashed with All Time Low protecting the Earth from an alien invasion. Riff tilted his head at me and made a whine sound, then a howl. "I was that terrible, eh?" I asked him. Just then my phone rang. I took a look at the caller ID. Alex's name flashed at the screen and I'm wonderin' if I should pick it up. Well he did just leave me hanging around for about 2 hours..

"Hello?" I answered.

ALEX'S POV

I smiled to myself proudly as I dusted my hands. I looked at the work I had done. I had managed to steal some food from the cafe, like french fries, little cakes and tarts and I made a smoothie before the shop closed. I managed to preserve the food and smoothie and an ice cooler and lay it all out on a red and white checkered mat for a picnic. Blake is going to be so surprised.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that someone was calling. It didn't make any sound because it was put on silent during work. I sighed at the caller ID. It was Hannah. What does she want now.

"ALEX!!!!" was the first thing I heard before I could say hello.. Hannah was crying and wailing on the other end. As a friend, I was immediately worried. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Your-your.. FATHER!.... He knows about.." Fuck, what does my dad know...... I never really got on with my dad ever since my brother died.

"What does he know!" I shouted into the phone. Hannah was still wailing like a baby. "Your voice. He wants to send you to Australia." She choked out. Australia.. Oh. My father knows a throat and voice specialist in Australia and wants to send me there to heal my voice. He had talked about it before but I refused to go. "You have to go talk to him!" she begged and choked on her tears.

I didn't know whether to believe her or not.. She could be telling the truth because my dad did want to send me down under last year and after hearing about my voice would probably want try to get me to go again. But after the lie she had told about Blake, I was uneasy. "I'm not lying this time.." she choked out again. True, I don't think even actors could cry this hard. Unless Hannah shot herself before calling me.

"Right, I will go see my father. Thanks for telling me." I said and hung up. Well, even if she was lying.. I could see my father and be a good son. I jogged to the main entrance of the school and caught a taxi. I told the address of my father's home before getting in.

I played out possible scenes in my head that could happen. What I would say and do.. I'm just scared a big argument would break out and then he would force me to go to Australia. Well, I guess we'll just see when we get there.

Fuck..

I was two streets away from my father's house when I just remembered Blake was waiting for me. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. I hope he picks up. I hope he's not mad at me. Considering he's actually a girl.. and hey are pretty sensitive when it comes to dates and- Wait.. that picnic is not a date. God what am I thinking about.

"Hello?" Blake answered. "So... So... So.. Fucking. Sorry." I said. I had my face in my palms. I'm so fucking pissed at myself for forgetting about him. "Where are you?" He asked. He sounded angry but more worried. "Something came up.. I'm really fucking sorry.." I heard him sigh over the phone. A small sigh, but caused so much guilt in me.

"I need to go. I'm sorry!" Then I hung up. I couldn't bare to hear the sadness and hurt in his voice. I paid the taxi driver and got out. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door of the big house. The door opened and revealed my father's shocked, aging face.

"Hello, dad."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alex!" Hannah shouted after me but I continued walking on. Halfway discussing things with my father, she had decided to show up. She caught up to me, "Are you really going?" I looked at the big brown envelope in my hands. The contents of the envelope was a print out of an air ticket to Australia. It wasn't confirmed, just a reservation ticket. A few pamphlet about the specialist in Australia and his details. "Maybe." I answered her.

"Don't go.." She wailed and hugged me from the back. I smiled. Hannah may seem like a bitch to everyone, but inside she's really just a innocent and naive girl. Shes just afraid of losing me to anyone. Well, she did start music because of me. "Go home." I ruffled her hair. "Thanks for telling me about this. For real, thanks." She pouted but nodded. I continued walking on and caught another taxi.

Did I want to go? I think I should. I might get back my voice and manage to sing and perform again, but I don't want to leave all my friends here. Especially All Time Low and Blake. I never want to leave my friends. Ever. But what did I do to Blake? Oh, nothing special.. Just leaving her out in the cold night of California for a few hours... No biggie.

I was fucking dead when I get back to school.

BLAKE'S POV

I sighed as Alex hung up. I gripped the phone tightly and took a deep breath to control myself from shouting. There was a lot of guilt in his voice and I could tell that he was stressed because of his situation that I have very little knowledge of. I just put away my phone. I was still pissed, but more hurt than anger.

"What are you doing here?!?!" a voice scared me. I looked up and saw Ms. Jackson. Fuck.. "It's way past your bedtime." she scolded. I nodded. "Sorry." I apologised. "Chill.. I'm not going to make any report. I'm pretty relaxed about these sort of things. I thought you knew by now." she joked. I smiled and shrugged.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I sighed. What should I tell her. "I was suppose to meet a girl tonight, but she didn't show up." I mumbled. She chuckled. "Ahh... Young romance!" she took a deep breath. "Don't worry, she'll regret it. She won't realise it now, but tomorrow she will." I sighed. "I'm afarid to look at her now..." I murmured. She laughed. "What's there to be afraid of? It's not 21st December of 2012 yet!" I laughed along with her.

"This conversation is between you and me, alright?" I nodded. "Chop-chop, up to bed you go." she shooed me. "Thanks!" I said and jogged back to the dorm. Her advice didn't make me feel better but she made me feel a lot more positive.

I dumped everything on the living room floor and hopped into the shower. I washed off the sweat on my skin from working earlier. I got put changed into pajamas and hopped into bed. Physically, I was dead tired. Enough to sleep for a thousand years. Mentally, my mind was racing. Thoughts about Alex and excitement of the Open Day. But mostly Alex.

I should be angry at Alex, but I can't. What he did tonight made me really angry and hurt, but his original intentions were the ones that counted. All I wanted was to have him here right now and wish my goodnight. Or him making me a sandwich. I want to sleep, but all I can do is stare up at the ceiling, worrying about Alex. And I won't stop until I know that he's okay.

After what seemed like a few eternities, I hear the room door open. I peeked at the clock, 2:01 in the morning. What could have he been doing? I quickly put my head back on the pillow and pretended to sleep. For extra security, I decided to silently put my pillow over my head to cover my face. His footsteps grew closer and louder, I think he's climbing up the stairs to my bed.

Shit. He is.

I felt Alex sit down at the edge of my bed as the mattress sunk near my feet. "Blake.." he whispered. I didn't really feel like talking to him, or hearing his guilty voice so I just ignore him. "Blake.." he whispered again. It took a lot out of me to restrain myself from bursting out in anger.

"I'm sorry." he said. Then he got up and went down. The guilt in his voice was killing me. It had slowly started to make me feel guilty as well. I may be able to avoid him now..

But not tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOHOOO! CELEBRATION, BITCHES!
100 over readers? You guys are fantastic! Thanks a lot for reading! It means a lot to me. Don't forget to leave comments! I love reading your comments! Shoutout to:
@letsburnthiscitydown
@krose
for their lovely comments and :
@Tragic_Ending
for recommending my story!!!
STAY AWESOME!!!!