Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Goodbye's aren't my sort of thing

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=64218571

Ever since Monday, I have been spending every waking moment of my life with All Time Low. I thanked God that I had the opportunity to spend at least a few months with them. I had told them I might be leaving, but it wasn't confirmed. It was a lie, of course. But it's just so hard to tell them that I'm leaving.

It was really early. About 7:00 on a Saturday. Yes, I'm going to miss Alex's performance at the National's. But I can't help it. I sighed and silently dragged my bags out the dorm. I took one last look in the room, one last look at Alex. His sleeping figure was sprawled on his bed, hands stretched over his head and his left leg dangling of the bed. He had been practising so hard this past few days. He was really all in for winning the National's. It made me feel proud. I remembered the reason why i had joined this school in the first place. "Thanks." I whispered before leaving.

I had left him a little gift and a note, but I still couldn't help but feel guilty for leaving without saying a proper goodbye. I couldn't even say a proper goodbye to my mother.

"I'm sorry, kiddo." Daniel hugged me and took my bags. He had settled things with the school last night and was going to take me home now. I trudged after him, slowly taking a last stroll around the front of the school. It was fun while it lasted..

"Daniel, can I say goodbye to one last person before I go? Please." I begged him. He nodded, "Meet me back at the entrance in 10 minutes." I agreed and jogged off. One last person (technically not a person). I stopped and reached the all too familiar spot.

"I knelt down and stroked Riff's soft fur. He stirred from his sleep and licked my hands. "I'm leaving." I said to him. He whined placed his head into my hands as if he wanted me to cradle him. "Aww.. I'll miss you too." I stroked his fur again.

"You're really leaving?" a voice came from behind me. I jumped a bit. I slowly turned my head towards the source of the familiar voice. Rian stood there, hands in his pocket. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I am." I stood up and dusted my knees. "No goodbye's?" he asked. I sat down and Rian joined me.

"Goodbye's aren't my sort of thing."

"That's a bit unfair."

It was silent. "I can't stay too long, I have to go." I got up. "Rian," I started. "Thank you so much. For two things. One, for being All Time Low and saving my life. Two, for not telling anyone my secret. I'll never forget anything you've ever did for me and I'll be forever grateful." He chuckled. I hugged him. "Don't tell Alex that you saw me." I could feel him nod.

We pulled away. "Bye." I waved. My voice cracked a little as a tear slipped out my eye. I swiped it and turned around. I jogged back to the school gates where Daniel was waiting. "What took you so long?" he demanded. I ignored him and climbed into the taxi.

I looked out the window and took in the image of the school. I'm going to miss this place.

The taxi drove off, but I climbed and stared at the school growing smaller and smaller, until it disappeared from my sight.

ALEX'S POV

I woke up, yawned and stretched. I grinned and raced up to Blake's bed. "Blake! It's National's Day! Are you re-" I stopped myself as I noticed that he was gone. He must off went off early. I walked into the bathroom and did my daily routine, showered and fixed up my hair.

I had been practising really hard for Blake these past few days. When I win National's.. He's gonna be so proud of me! I walked out the toilet, got dressed and sang Remembering Sunday. My voice was slightly better. I could sing without any interruptions, but it was just after I sing, my throat feels like somebody spilled hot oil over it then put me out in the cold winter. Whatever that means..

I stopped and noticed that Blake's guitar was gone... So was her photo frame of his brother... So was his stack of DVD's and his laptop and his phone charger and his rubix cube and his novels and his PSP. They all weren't there. I checked his drawers. All empty.

Where in the fiery depths of hell was he? Then I found a note.

Dear Alex,

If you're reading this.. then I must have already left. I'm leaving for Ireland, and will probably go to a normal college and become a marine biologist. I want you to know, that it makes me so proud that you have been practising for the National's. You don't even have to win anything to make me feel more proud then I do know.

I'm sorry I couldn't say a proper goodbye. I truly am sorry.

To help in your National's, I present you.. *cue drumroll* ... TA-DA!! My favourite beanie! It's old and used, but it holds special meanings to me. I won all my competitions on this beanie. It has brought me great luck and will do the same for you.

Sincerely,
Blake :)

I read it once, then twice.

So that's it. He's gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. I haven't updated in a long time.. I know. I'm sorry. I'll try and update more! :D
Thanks for reading!
STAY AWESOME!