Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Standing Ovation

I looked at Alex, Alex looked at me. I know I might have said that I wanted to meet him, and get close to him.. But this is too close! I thought maybe we would sit next to each other in class.. Not be roommates!

I tried to hide the smile that slowly crawled onto my face, but I just couldn't. I mean.. How could you not smile when you meet your idol?

"What are you doing here?" he snapped. I was shocked by his rudeness. I answered softly, in case he recognized my girl voice. "Like I said, I'm your roommate from now on." He was baffled by my accent but his face was unchanged and still held an annoyed look. He never looked like that when he sang...

He was deep in thought for a moment. So I decided to go to the loo.

I leaned into the sink and stared into my reflection. Deep breath.. He's just letting the information sink in. It's it like he's and asshole who can't share a room with another guy. After refreshing myself, I exited the bathroom. I stopped in my tracks when I saw what he had done.

Alex had taken my suitcase and bags and threw it out the front door. What the heck? "Oi!" I screamed and ran to rescue my suitcase. I grabbed it but when I turned back, the door slammed in my face. I tried to open it back but it was too late. I was locked out of my room.

He didn't even bother to put my clothes into the luggage judging by the emptiness off the suitcase. I banged in the door, screaming. "Alex Gaskarth! Open the door right now!" a few other kids from the dorm next door had popped their heads out to watch the commotion.

"Oi!" I screamed again. No answer.

"That's Alex for you.. He doesn't like sharing rooms." a voice said from my left. A buzz cut boy, and a really muscled guy stood there, watching me. I sighed and stood up grabbing my suitcase. "Not fucking fair.." I mumbled.

Their faces changed the moment they heard my accent. "Irish?" the buzz cut boy asked. "No. I'm Spanish!" I replied sarcastically. The muscled boy burst out in laughter, but even the buzz cut boy smiled. Was it that funny?

Then, I realized who they were. Rian Dawson and Zack Merrick. 2/4 of All Time Low. I did my best to keep the grin of my face.

"Are you just gonna stand there or do you want our help getting in?" Rian asked. "Help, please." I said. They smiled at each other and Zack ran into their room to get something.

Rian said, "I'm Rian, and that's Zack." I shook his hand and replied, "I know. I'm Conrad. Blake Conrad." He nodded as Zack came out with a paper clip. He twisted it open and kneeled down in front of the door.

"Lock picking?" I asked and Zack replied, "No, stabbing the door with a clip." he answered with sarcasm but grinned as if he was proud of himself for being as sarcastic as I was. I nodded and smiled.

"Not bad." I complimented as the door creaked open. The whole room was dark, but I could find my way. "Thanks!" I said as they came into my room.

I silently put my suitcase back in the mini storeroom and climbed up the stairs to my bedroom. Alex stormed out the bathroom and glared at Rian and Zack. "We'll talk to him." Zack told me and the 3 boys went into the toilet to discuss.

ALEX'S POV

"What the fuck!" I snapped at Rian and Zack. I was angry.. I was so pissed at them. How could they? They were suppose to understand my needs and give them to me. Not do the opposite.

"Calm down..." Rian said. "You can't have this room all to yourself for long. Remember what the principal said?" I just sighed and nodded. It wasn't fair to the other kids if I got my own room, so I the next new student had to be my roommate.

"Fine, but tomorrow she has to pass a test, and he has to be quiet. One peep out of him.. He's dead." I declared. Rian and Zack looked at each other and nodded. I scratched the back of my head and walked back out.

BLAKE'S POV

The boys came back out of the toilet. A annoyed looking Alex went straight to bed but Rian and Zack came to me. "Tomorrow, Alex will give you a test. Pass it, and consider yourself a permanent resident. Another thing, you're not allowed to make noise. Alex needs peace and quiet." Rian smiled encouragingly. I nodded and thanked them as they exited the room.

I couldn't sleep that night. I mean, how could you? You just met 3/4 of All Time Low, and you're sleeping above the lead singer? You get my drift...

After 30 minutes of trying, I finally fell into a deep, dreamy sleep.

....

NEXT MORNING

I got up and quickly switched of my alarm clock. 6:30. I peeked down at Alex. He was still sleeping. I smiled at his sleeping figure, then rolled of bed and silently creeped into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair, wrapped my boobs and all the hoo-haa. I changed into my uniform and grabbed my backpack. The school uniform was kind of formal but also very casual.

Any pants we want, but we had to wear a white button-up shirt, a tie and a blazer. There were 3 types of ties, each with a different design and color.

I wore my black skinny jeans, and my black and red converse that matched my black and red tie. I decided to leave a not form Alex....

Gooooooooooood Mooorning! I've already left the room since I would probably annoy you and make noise. Remember, if you want your voice to stay angelic.. Drink lots of water!

-Blake-

I stick the note to a bottle of water and skipped out the room.

ALEX'S POV

I yawned and stretched before falling out of bed. It's 7:30 in the morning. scratched the back of my head before heading to the toilet to do my business. On my way there, I saw a bottle of water with a note attached to it.

I read it once, twice then crumpled it and threw it in the other direction. She was suppose to be quiet. Who does she think she is? My mother? The memories of last night flooded through me.

I got changed then went out of the room. I made my way to the cafeteria for breakfast and to meet up with my band mates in homeroom.

BLAKE'S POV

I checked my schedule. Classes start at 8, ends at 2.

Homeroom
Maths
History
Vocals
LUNCH
Creative Writing
Science
Jam session

Now I needed to get to my home room class. I followed the directions and the mini map the principal had drawn for me yesterday and found my way to homeroom class.

The class was crazy. You had boys standing on tables, fighting with drumsticks, a group of boys crowding a guy (obviously the popular gang) and the rest were sitting down chatting and chasing each other.

"Blake! Over here." Rian flagged me down and gestured to a seat on his left, next to the window. I dumped my bag on the desk and smiled at him. "Morning, mate." he smiled and introduced me to another member of All Time Low, Jack.

Jack was running up and down the classroom, chasing Zack. "Jack!" Rian called Jack over. "This is Blake, Alex's roommate." Jack's eyes widened when Rian said roommate.

"Did he not eat you? Didnt he kick you out?" he asked, stunned by my existence as Alex's roommate. I nodded and replied, "Thanks to these two, I got back in." I pointed at my heroes who smiled smugly.

Just then, the class door opened and Alex walked thought the doors. "Alex!" Jack screamed and went to hug his band mate. He just ruffled Jack's hair and took a seat behind me. Then the teacher came in, Ms. Jackson.

I just turned around and grinned at Alex. What possessed me to do that? I have no idea. Alex looked at me weirdly and shook his head to the front of class, as if he said 'look in front'. I quickly turned my head back to the front of the class where the teacher was looking through her file.

I tried to resist the urge to turn around but failed. I grinned back at him. He scowled at me and said. "Jam session. If you beat my score, you get to stay." I nodded and faced the teacher and began our daily announcements, then I was introduced to my homeroom class.

The half the day flew by, Ms. Jackson is a kind and friendly teacher. 3/4 of All Time Low was escorting me to the cafeteria. It was like it's own restaurant. The marble tables were black and the dark elegant chairs were arranged nicely.

The food was excellent and I ate the most delicious pie ever. You line up and take your food like a buffet, and it's free!

I scarfed my face with food as the boys watched me eat with their jaws agap. "I've never seen a boy eat so much food." Alex commented with a disgusted face. Just then, Jack looked up with his face smothered in mushroom sauce. We laughed at Jack.

"So.. What's a jam session?" I asked. "jaamzezionziswayooojam. Dateeechaweeljugus" Jack rambled with his mouth full of food. "What he means is.. You play and sing either in a group or individual, then the teacher will grade you every Friday. Other days, you can just freely jam or have real music lessons. Depends on teacher. But you'll have to be graded today." Zack explained.

"Try and beat my score of 96%, then you can stay in my room." Alex challenged. "I'm known for my score." he smirked at me. I just shrugged and replied with confidence. "I'm known for beating scores." I grinned but he just scowled as the rest of the lads chuckled away.

Jack laughed as Alex continued to eat. I put my plate and cutlery in the trolley nearby for the chefs to clean.

Creative writing and science flew by faster than I expected. I was nervous as heck for the jam session. What was I going to do? Sing.. And play... Guitar? Piano? Do a drum solo?

We walked to the other side of the building where the practice rooms were. We lined up outside in the hall and waited for the teacher in charge. Rian stood by me and said, "Tips. Don't just play an instrument, you have to sing and take risks. You'll get brownie points from the teacher. Show your swag, get his attention. Good luck." I smiled in thanks and we all hushed at the sight of the teacher.

He was a young guy, blonde hair, glasses and smiley. "Good morning class!" he greeted. The class replied and they dispersed into different practice rooms. I walked up to the teacher. "Hi, I'm new and I think I need to be graded?" The teacher smiled and replied, "Hi, I'm Mr. K, but you can call me Coach. That's right if you would please step into that practice room and decide what you want to do and practice. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

I walked the the practice room. The room was filled with instruments. I toyed with the piano while trying to think of a song. I decided to sing an All Time Low song. I was a big risk, but I was willing to take it. Guitar would be too safe.. It won't be that nice if I sing and play drums.. So....

I'll play Weightless on piano.

I practiced till Coach walked into the room. His comforting smile made the nervousness in my stomach bubble. This is important. If I don't beat 96%, I can't stay in that room. "An All Time Low song? Okay, whenever you're ready." he nodded as he sat down on the chair and looked at his clipboard. I took a deep breath, flexed my fingers.

Just then, All Time Low knocked on the door and entered the room. "Can we watch?" Jack asked excitedly. Coach gestured to the seat and shushed them. He nodded at me. I looked at their faces. Rian, Zack and Jack were smiling encouragingly at me, while Alex just smirked. I flexed my fingers again, and started.

Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

The boys were looking at me, watching me with interest and shock as they recognized their own song. Coach's head was still faced down to his clipboard. Was he not interested? He looked bored watching.. almost as if I wasn't singing at all. Rian's face screamed, 'TAKE A RISK!'.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
And this is my reaction to everything I fear
'Cause I've been going crazy, I don't wanna waste another minute

I decided to add in my own style of vocals as I hit the chorus. This seemed to get the attention of all the boys. I continued adding surprises to the song, catching the attention. Halfway through the song, his eyes were fixed on me, a smile on his face and his head was bobbing along to the song. The boys as well were mouthing the words with me.

'Cause I've been going crazy, I don't want to waste another minute here

I sang and ended the song. Coach and the boys immediately stood up and clapped. Well, except for Alex who seemed pretty pissed. "Standing ovation." Coach commented as he wrote something down on the papers. "Ready for your score?" he asked. I nodded excitedly. There was a permanent smile on my face and my stomach had butterflies fluttering inside.

"Overall, you were amazing. Never had a first timer like you. I loved how you added your won style into the song and took a risk," Rian winked at me. "Personally, I'm surprised you haven't signed a contract with any record labels yet. And your accent totally makes your voice tasty. 98%!"

I burst out in happiness as I group hugged with Jack, Rian and Zack. Coach laughed and walked out. "WOOOOOOOOOOH!" I wooed and turned to Alex. I grinned widely at him and said, "Howdy, roommate!"

He just stormed out the room. I stared after him. "We should party tonight!" Rian declared. "Hold on," I said to them and jogged after Alex. "Alex!" I called him but he ignored me. I grabbed his shoulder and turned him back.

His face was full of annoyance and anger. "If you really want me to go, I'll go. Just say it." I told him with a stern voice. He sighed, "No, you won fair and square." I grinned at him but he just walked off. I went back to the practice room and celebrated.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if I accidently write 'she' instead of 'he' because I'm not exactly focused when I write. I'm easily distracted especially on the computer... so......
Thanks for reading!