Status: :{D

Let's Pretend It's Love

NINETEEN

Ivy let out a long sigh, refusing to look at Louis as she wiped off the counters. Luckily the café had been busy since she’d gotten here, so he didn’t have a spare second to discuss what had happened between them. She closed her eyes, not believing that she kissed him, let him sleep in her bed with her, he probably thought she was a total whore.

But as she remembered him rolling on top of her, his hands trying to pull up her shirt, she felt her stomach tighten on its own. She did her best to ignore it, to tell herself she was just a horny college girl, and Louis was quite fit and obviously willing to do anything with her, blaming that for the fact she wanted nothing more than to let him kiss her again, but not stop him. She thought of the morning after, when he’d just cradled her back to his chest, pulling her close. The memory of his warm breath fanning over her neck made her blush, especially when she felt it again.

She spun around to see Louis standing right beside, her, his blue eyes locked on hers. “Why aren’t you talking to me?” He asked simply, his gaze making her knees weak as she gripped the counter.

“We’ve been busy. She answered simply before turning back to the counter, desperate not to have to meet his eyes, remember him lying over her and how their bodies seemed to fit perfectly together.

“We’re not busy now.” He said simply. He then reached out, gently gripping her shoulder and turning her to face him. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No.” She promised, trying to turn away again, but he moved in front of her, pinning her between his body and the counter.

“Then why are you giving me the cold shoulder? Ivy last night I thought…” He stopped, pressing his lips together and making her heart race.

“You thought what?” She whispered. He slowly looked up, his eyes meeting hers as he reached out, cradling her face in his hand.

“The other night when we… when we kissed.” He breathed, his eyes searching hers. “You didn’t…?”

“I didn’t what?” She asked.

“Feel anything.” She swallowed the lump in her throat as she realized that spark had lit up inside him too. But she refused to let him have her. She knew all Louis wanted to do was make her fall for him because she wasn’t as easy for him to win over. She was a challenge, and that was what Louis liked, not her.

“Feel anything?” She snapped, scrunching up her nose in disgust. “It was just a dare Louis, of course I didn’t feel anything.”

“Then you’re a liar.” He growled, pushing her more tightly against the counters and keeping her pinned. “Because I know you did.”

“You’re so full if yourself! Not every girl in the world is in love with you Louis.” She hissed, trying to shove him away, but he simply grabbed her hands, his eyes not leaving hers before he crashed their lips together. She felt like someone had lit a wildfire inside of her the moment his lips touched hers, but refused to give in. She tried to pull her head back, but he simply cradled the back of it with his free hand, keeping their lips together until a voice broke them apart.

“What the Hell is this?!” Melinda shrieked, standing in the doorway. Louis pulled away from Ivy, both of them bright red as Melinda’s heated glare stayed focused on Ivy. “Get out. You’re fired.” She snapped, pointing to the door.

“Melinda, it was my faul-”

“Shut up Louis.” The small woman snapped, her green eyes fiery as they moved back to Ivy. “Now get out. And if I ever see you anywhere near here again, I’ll make your life so miserable that you’ll just jump in the lake.” Ivy felt tears sting her eyes as she shoved Louis away from her, grabbing her backpack before storming out the door.

She should have known Louis was up to no good. She should have figured out he really just wanted her to lose the most perfect job she’d ever had. Now she’d never get to hear him sing while they closed together, or pay for her books, or-

“IVY!” Her thoughts were interrupted as she turned to see Louis running up to her, his backpack hastily thrown over one shoulder as he finally caught up. “Ivy don’t go.”

“Don’t talk to me.” She growled, shoving him as hard as she could. He merely moved one step back, but the fact that she was angry enough to shove him at all was worse than any actual wound she could inflict on him.

“I didn’t know she was there.” He choked out, seeing the tears in her eyes.

“Well whoop de fucking doo.” She snapped, glaring at him. “But you not knowing won’t get me my job back.”

“Well then I guess we’ll have to find new jobs. Together.” She narrowed her eyes at him and he took in a short breath. “I quit.”

“Why?” He pressed his lips together, obviously nervous before his gaze met hers again.

“Because you were the only reason I ever wanted to work there.” He confessed finally, his cheeks bright red as he shrugged, trying to still look cool. “It’s pointless being there without you.” Her face turned bright red as he took a step closer. “So… can we maybe just…” He stopped, chewing his lower lip and Ivy knew exactly what he meant.

His eyes flew to hers as they both stood there in the dark walkway, just looking at each other. “Well.” She said finally. “I should get going, I have a lot of homework.”

“Can I walk you home?” He asked. She pressed her lips together, her eyes staying with his.

“Louis,” she said softly, shaking her head. “I think things should just go back to the way they were.”

“Why?” He pressed.

“Because it’s safer that way. Neither of us will get hurt.” He was quiet for a long time as he watched her eyes unable to meet his gaze.

“I know you felt something too Ivy.” He said simply. “And I promise I won’t hurt you.” She simply shook her head and turned, starting to walk away.

“I’ll see you around Louis.” She said simply, hiding the tears rolling down her cheeks as she left him alone in the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
What are we going to do with these two?
Seriously.
Anywho, what do you think will happen next?

oxox