Status: :{D

Let's Pretend It's Love

THIRTY FOUR

Ivy let out a long sigh as she walked through the halls of the music department. It had been her first time out of the house since everything with Louis, and she had been all but forced to go. She looked back to the small note in her hand, a few numbers scribbled onto it from earlier.

She still remembered the worry on Zayn’s face when he came to talk to her, Harry, Niall, and Liam with him, asking her to please go see Louis because he was wasting away without her. Liam told her about how he would barely eat anything and just sat around all day. And when Harry had added in how he would just look out his window and see hers, he would break down and be completely inconsolable, she knew she had to see him.

She she’d gotten up, fixed her hair and put on her dress, and took a deep breath for courage. She knew she was going to have to tell Louis why she’d run off, why she was so terrified to be with him, but the knowledge that he was just as miserable as she was made her hope he would understand.

Finally, a dreamy piano melody drifted through the hallways, and as Ivy heard Louis’ unmistakable voice, she felt her heart ache at the pain in his voice.

Take the car on the run
Fly the jet to the sun
And bring the spacecraft in soon
While I play chess with the moon
I feel like sleeping
Through this cold afternoon


She forced her feet forward, slowly opening the door to see him sitting at the piano, his back to her. His feathery hair was messy as he leaned over the keys, obviously not noticing he had company as he kept playing, his fingers moving gently over the keys.

Once in 1964
An actress ran on the shore
And though you'll never be mine
I love you, Ivy Valentine
Sometimes I can see your face-


He stopped when he heard an all too familiar gasp behind him, spinning around to see Ivy standing there. He slowly stood, inching towards her because he was terrified that if he moved too quickly she would vanish. “Ivy?” He murmured.

“Hello Louis.” He knew she was probably still mad at him, but he couldn’t help himself as he reached out, pulling her into his arms as he buried his face in her hair. He never wanted to let go, never wanted to forget how perfectly she fit there as he breathed in the scent of her skin. She was hesitant at first, but slowly moved her arms out, gripping him back with everything she had.

They just stayed like that for a long time, feeling so safe and warm with the other one there, before Louis finally spoke. “I meant it you know.” He whispered. She smiled, resting her head on his shoulder as she remembered his dreamy song.

“I know.” But then her smile fell as she pulled back, looking into his perfect blue eyes. “Louis, I have to tell you something.”

“Is it why you left?” He murmured, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. She nodded, and he could already see the tears welling up in her eyes.

“When I was a freshman I got completely wasted at this one party. All I remember is talking to this cute senior, and then the next morning I woke up in my room, naked and all alone.” She pressed her lips together, her eyes on the ground. “I didn’t tell you who my first time was with, because I don’t know.” She looked back up at him, tears rolling down her cheeks. “That’s why we have the rule, that’s why the girls watch out for me. And that’s why…” Her face turned towards the floor again, but Louis softly tilted it up so she looked into his eyes.

“It’s alright Ivy.” He cooed. “You can tell me.”

“That was why I was so scared to fall in love with you. I thought you’d just leave me too, so I left first.” She then broke down, collapsing into his arms and shaking with her sobs. He just held her tightly, running his fingers through his hair and kissing the top of her head. “Louis I’m a terrible person.”

“No you’re not.” He promised. “Don’t you ever say that Ivy.” She looked back up at him as he wiped her tears away, kissing her forehead softly. “And I swear, I will never, ever leave you.”

“Never?” She asked. He smiled softly at her, looking into her warm brown eyes.

“Never.”

She beamed at that, leaning up and pressing her lips to his. He kissed her back, neither one caring if anyone else saw, or what they would think, because they were finally together.