Status: :{D

Let's Pretend It's Love

SIX

Rhianne was texting a Zeta freshman named Lucy about helping her with an English project when she saw everyone rush out of the class, the professor shaking his head as he was left at the large chalk board that had so much writing on it there was hardly any black space left to write on. Her hand had already cramped up at least five times and most of the stuff he was going over was simple review for those who had fallen asleep in between the lectures. She was rightfully confident that she could relax for the last fifteen minutes of class, especially since he wouldn’t pay much attention to her as he scrawled all over the huge board at the front of the class.

Rhianne didn’t feel like rushing her way past all those people and through those small doors so she stayed still and closed her notebook and textbook, dog-earing one of the text book pages that had all of the study guide questions for the upcoming exam. She pushed her water bottle aside and licked her glossed lips – feeling a thirst for some type of sweet drink, as long as it wasn’t coffee or soda.

Six minutes later and the professor was shaking his head once about 150 students had emptied out of the lecture space. As she rose and prepared to leave, she heard her professor speak.

“Rhianne: Not your best essay – the one on Unit 1 but the multiple choice was stellar,” Barnes, the professor, commented with his back turned to the half-erased board, now facing the surprised brunette.

“If you re-write it, I’ll give you better feedback,” the thin and balding man further stated, a small smile on his lips as he talked of the history paper that had been due last week. The class was Modern East Asia: Politics & Society and she found it quite interesting actually –despite being 3 hours almost. It did help that they only met twice a week though and she didn’t mind writing or history much – they were her favorite subjects. She could do math very well but it was science that she didn’t like all too much – despite taking a Forensics class (just for fun really).

“On it, ‘fessor Barnes,” she grinned and slid her phone into her pocket. It buzzed loudly against the fabric of her jeans but she didn’t feel like reaching in and grabbing it. She grabbed her textbooks and shuffled the last of her papers into her folder and slipped them into her little knapsack bag, brushing her hair to the side as she slipped the strap on her shoulder.

“Any time before exams, if you’d please. Have a nice day!” the professor spoke loudly and jovially in his gravelly voice, his nose twitching at the end of his sentence (it was a little habit of his) and he continued wiping the board clean.

“You as well!” Rhianne grinned as she left the lecture hall and threw away her empty water bottle in one of the recycling bins. She dragged her feet across the ceramic tiles, sighing as she’d wished she’d just chosen to slip on some yoga pants and something loose. Looking down at her outfit – she should’ve known to choose something relaxing to wear, but no she just had to choose her tightest skinny jeans (even if her bum looked fantastic) and some heels with jewelry. At least she hadn’t done too much make-up so her face felt quite clean, she liked that.

She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and reached to pull it out when someone’s arm wrapped around her shoulder and fingers covered her eyes loosely. She could tell it was his hands because they had the same smooth palms that could brush over the keys of a piano just as quickly as they could brush over her skin.

“Liam, babe, you should just greet me with a kiss,” she spoke with a little smirk, revealing her small little dimple on her left cheek.

She could hear his laugh as his fingers loosened on her eyes, but she still kept her eyes closed – feeling her feet stand still on the pavement of a sidewalk on the campus. She could see the rays of sunshine burst behind her eyelids and the light breeze wafted the smell of his Armani cologne over to her. When something cold was pressed into her hand she opened her eyes, his arm now wrapped around her waist, resting on her hip for more than a few moments.

“Awh, you didn’t have to,” she mumbled not being used to Liam’s romantics once again. She hadn’t seen him for about three weeks but it wasn’t like they’d taken a ‘break’ it was just a somewhat distance relationship that was kept over infrequent texting, calling but very much frequent Skyping and chatting online. She had long lasting relationships but really love was a limited aspect in her life when it didn’t come to friends or family. She grinned widely, taking a sip and feeling the cool liquid instantly make her feel a little bit more energetic and cooler. Today was sort of a strange day – supposed to be very cool but instead was rather sunny and lightly windy.

“Wait you didn’t read it,” Liam whined, squeezing her side, almost making her yelp out in front of the other students who were roaming about campus and heading to their own classes. Gosh, he knew she was ticklish.

“Read what, babe?” she asked, genuinely confused before he tucked his notebooks under his arm and lifted her hand gently so she could better see the sloppy black handwriting on the cup.

To my lovely girlfriend; hope you still like your sweet tea with a hint of cream mixed in.

“C’mere ya big teddy bear,” she giggled before slipping her arms around his built chest and squeezing tightly, almost squealing when he did the same and nearly crushed her shoulders together with his force.

When he let go she stepped a bit ahead and leaned up on her toes, kissing the tip of his nose before drifting downwards towards his lips. She couldn’t lie – sometimes she found herself finding the relationship to keep herself busy but she felt like she was starting to feel things that she wasn’t supposed to – feelings that she hadn’t really felt with anyone else. Feelings like the kind where his lips were better than the sweetest strawberries during a cool summer day, feelings like the kind where she started to crave his words and his touch. The dangerous feelings, but she’d rather not ponder too much on the matter. When they pulled apart, he was smiling brightly and that was enough for her to do the same.

“Here let me hold your books,” she demanded lightly, holding an outstretched hands, wiggling her fingers as they continued to walk towards the School of Architecture on campus.

He threw his head back, making a face as she rolled her eyes. “C’mon, don’t you have an architecture class next? I’ll just put it in my bag and walk you over to the building,” she murmured, reaching for his books, which he held away from her, choking back laughter as she batted her long lashes at him.

“Then let me hold your bag for you,” Liam protested, grinning widely as he and his girlfriend messed about, their footsteps in synchronization as they moved past a couple of buildings and small squares filled with plants and trees, part of the beautiful decoration to the campus. He’d missed this – the playful back and forth arguments, hardly anything ever serious until it was time to take things serious – which then she knew just how to hold herself and take care of herself, which was something he really admired her for. That and her relentless ability to be stubborn enough to get whatever she wanted.

“Liam, I’m trying to be nice! You bought me a sweet tea, babe,” she pouted and she grinned as he reluctantly handed over his book, showing her a pout as he sighed.

“I guess I’ve learned who wears the pants in this relationship,” Liam grumbled, still pouting like a little kid as he leaned his head into her shoulder, liking how she was actually almost at his height with her tall boots. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of all the studs but he knew that his girlfriend was beautiful and she really did have a nice style – he was quite attracted to it actually.

“Well, you can have my zipper,” she smirked with a low chuckle that made the hairs on the nape of his back rise in arousement that was forced back down. She grinned having already slipped in his books into her bag and sipped on her tea once more, feeling the cool droplets of water drip down her fingers. She could feel him shake his head against her shoulder as he chuckled deeply, a slight rosy tone on his fair skin as he simply pressed a kiss into her cheek.

“I’ll be sure to remind you of that later, love,” he smirked this time as he spoke with a soft and husky whisper, his fingers tapping against the curve of her side, sending sparks up her body until they lit up in her brain, putting a goofy smile on her face.

“Want some?” she asked, the grin still bright on her plump pink lips as she held the cup up to his lips. He shrugged and wrapped his lips around the straw, drinking some before he swallowed and licked his lips.

“Thanks,” he smiled before brightening up. “Oh, are we still on for uhm, hanging out tonight? I know you haven’t spent much time with your girls but I miss you,” he murmured the last part into her skin, dipping down once again to rest his cheek against her collarbone, his nose briefly brushing against her neck as his hand continued to rub up and down her side.

She kissed his cheek, his lips to far away as she leaned into him slightly, making sure not to to throw them both off balance as they continued to walk. “Of course, Li. I didn’t realize how much I missed you until now but I did. Even if that sounds sort of backwards,” she confessed. He grinned and kissed her cheek, not caring if he was doing a lot with the DA – he had been away from her for far too long and she was someone who refused to be forgotten, which made it that much easier to fall in love with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit!
hope you enjoyed!
silent reading is banned.