Sequel: All That Grace
Status: completed♥

It Just Might Be Me

fifteen.

"You can't go." Allie said, shaking with sobs as she stood at the gate of the airport, latched on to her boyfriend.

He silently held her and stroked her hair as she cried.

"This isn't goodbye, Allie. Its just more of a 'see you later' okay?" Austin said, biting his lip, trying to keep himself from breaking down.

"I love you."

Austin sighed, he wasn't ready to let go of her.

Minutes later, the voice on the loudspeaker came on, announcing that Austin's plane was boarding.

Allie's body shook with sobs as she was forced to let go of him.

"I'll call every day. I promise." He smiled, kissing her gently on her nose.

She nodded through her tears, as Phil and Lily said their goodbyes.

Lily joined Allie and they walked sulkily and quietly toward the gate for their own flight, which wasn't boarding for another hour.

"Allie." Kyle said quietly, reaching out for her as they approached the gate.

She quietly accepted his hug and emotionlessly walked over to a seat, pulling out her phone.

Austin
Chin up, love.

-

Austin sat in his seat staring out the window of the plane.

He honestly never expected he'd feel this alone.

The last thing he expected was to find love this summer, especially with someone like Allie.

He was just so frustrated.

The one time he actually got something that made him happy, it turned out to be the most complicated thing he'd ever have to do.

"Chill Austin, you look like you're about to explode." Phil said, putting his hand on his knee to stop it from shaking.

"I finally had her, and now she's gone."

"You still have her, just sporadically." Phil said quietly.

"Things were getting so good. We said the L word."

"Already?" Phil asked with raised eyebrows.

"We've been together for almost four months." Austin said emotionlessly.

"It felt like five minutes." Phil laughed honestly.

"We had sex last night."

Phil sighed.

Austin just shook his head.

He didn't even know how to convey the emotion he was feeling right now.

-

September in New York City was always beautiful.

The leaves were changing, it was starting to get chilly, and it was the perfect season to share with someone.

Allie never felt so empty walking through the city she loved.

She took a picture of the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, covered in pretty leaves and snapchatted it to Austin.

He replied with a picture of him sticking his tongue out and giving the thumbs up while he sat on a beach. She laughed and texted him; Well fuck you too :p

It had been three weeks since the two had seen each other, and so far they were making it work.

In the beginning, they Skype'd every single day, spoke on the phone for hours, and constantly texted each other.

It slowly started receding to a video chat every few days, sporadic phone calls, and less texting.

Both of them were getting busier, and it was hard enough maintaining any relationship, let alone one that took place with three thousand miles between them.

She plopped down on a bench, smiling as she watched all of the happy people.

Minutes later, her phone rang, and her face lit up as she answered.

"How's the beach?" She teased, eliciting a laugh from her boyfriend.

"Beautiful, but nothing compared to you."

"Shut up, you're a mess." Allie laughed, teasing him.

"How's it going on your end?"

She shrugged, before remembering he couldn't see her. "It's cold. I've been spending ninety nine percent of my time in the studio, i finally get a day off, and it's the coldest day ever."

"And you're spending it sitting alone in a park." Austin mused.

"It's not just a park, its the park." She teased. "Plus, I have you, so..."

She heard him laugh into the phone and she felt her heart physically hurt upon realizing that she couldn't watch him.

She loved the way he'd throw back his head, laughing at something stupid. How he'd cover his face, to prevent from everyone seeing the dark shade of crimson he'd turn.

She missed his hands. His eyes, his stomach, his toes. Everything.

"I love you, Bug." Austin sighed.

"Love you more." Allie smiled.

Happiness is overrated anyway. Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh so sad, it hurts.

its austin and allie. you know those two always seem to make things work.

any predictions?

xoxo
a♥