Him

taylor

"Naomi baby! its good to see you." a tall tan guy with a shaved head came and took naomi out of my hands and embraced her in a hug.
she pushed him away. "What the hell are you doing here?" naomi asked shocked.
"its your birthday present." naomis step mom mins said with an almost cruel smile.
"lets eat." frankie said sensing discomfort.
i pulled naomis seat out for her and the guy sat across from her. i sat down next to naomi and tony was on the other side, while her dad sat at the head of the table and mina and frankie sat next to the stranger.
naomi cleared her throat "dad this is taylor my-"
"boyfriend." i said and gave her a smile she smiled back.
"This is rodney." frankie said pointing to the guy next to him.
rodney.... rodney..... sounded familiar..... wait........ thats naomis ex..... holy shit.
i nodded " nice to meet you." i said kindly.
"like wise." i heard him mutter. frankie nudged him.
dinner was awkward and silent other than rodney saying what they had missed in their old town.
after dinner was over naomi spoke up "what are you doing here?"
rodney cleared his throat. "Can i speak to you privately?" he looked around.
naomi noddedbut grabbed my hand and dragged me as she followed rodney.
we were in the front yard now.
"i said privately." rodney gave me a look.
"either you talk while hes here or dont talk at all so go." naomi looked uninterested.