Falling Asleep on a Stranger

9.

It had been a few days and I soon found out that Veronica and the guys would be leaving tomorrow. I was sad because I knew I’d never see them again. I took a drink of the beer that Jaime’s handed me. He sat down next to me, smiling. I wasn’t really in the mood to drink and I felt sad because they were leaving.

“What’s wrong?” Jaime asked. I shook my head. He nudged me and I looked over at him. He was smiling so big. I smiled then took a sip of my beer again.

“What’s wrong, Alex?” He whispered.

“I’ve got a headache, is all.” I lied. He nodded.

“Maybe, you shouldn’t drink.” He laughed. I shrugged.

“It’s okay. I’ll finish this one and I’ll probably go back to my tent and sleep.” I said. He frowned when I mentioned about going back to my tent.

“Leaving so soon. We leave tomorrow, Alex.” He said.

“I know. I’ll stay for you.” I smiled. He stood up, throwing his bottle on the ground.

“Don’t let me bother you. You can leave now if you want.” He said then stormed away. I just sat there, looking around at the others.

“What just happened?” Tony asked.

“He’s pissed that I was going to leave soon to go back to my tent. I’ve got a really band headache.” I said. Tony hugged me from the side.

“He’s scared that he’ll never see you again.” Tony said.

“Well you guys are from San Diego, right?” I asked. They all nodded.

“Don’t you remember from what the first night we all met that I either was moving to San Diego or Huntington Beach. So I’ll be a California resident.” I said. Veronica smiled then literally tackled me backwards.

“Please say San Diego.” She shouted.

“I’ll most likely pick San Diego.” I said.

“Why’s that?” Vic smirked.

“My band mates, of course.” I said. I stood up, looking around.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow before you leave, right? I’m sorry.” I said. I was feeling a little uncomfortable without Jaime there with me.

“We’ll see you tomorrow, then.” Mike said. I waved goodbye and walked to my camp site. I climbed in my tent, changing into my pajamas.

The next day came too fast and I climbed out of the tent. I didn’t feel like changing out of my pajamas at all so I sat around the bonfire with my parents and brother.

“How are you, Alex? I haven’t seen much of you.” My mom said. I laughed, taking a sip of the coffee.

“I’m good, ma.” I said.

“Those kids across the lake have got you all the time. You should be hanging out with us.” My mom said. I shook my head.

“No worries, mom. They’re leaving today.” I said tracing the rim of the cup with my index finger while cradling it.

“Leave her be, Angela.” My dad said. I always got a long better with my dad. My mom never really understood me. I looked over at Scott and the blond sitting there cuddling.

“I don’t see why you can’t have a love like Scott and Kendra over here.” My mom said. I shook my head.

“If that’s what you call loves then I have that all the time then.” I said. Not really, I don’t. Kendra glared at me. How can my mom think that what Scott and Kendra have is love? They just met like a month ago and I didn’t even know her name until just now. I stood up, handing my cup to my dad then grabbing my acoustic from the truck and walking towards the spot that I always go to. I played a song that my band and I wrote together though it was a lot heavier. I still belted out some killer vocals on acoustic. I just strummed a few strings letting my voice rest a little before I started another one but I never got the chance to because someone sat next to me. I looked up and saw Jaime sitting there. He smiled at me then looked back across the lake.

“Hey.” He said. I looked over at him and he was looking at me.

“Hi.” I said sitting my guitar aside.

“I’m sorry about last night, Alex.” He said. I shrugged. He nudged me to make me look at him.

“I really am sorry. It just sucks that I’ll never see you again, you know. You’ve became a really close friend and I hate to not see you anymore.” He said. I nodded.

“I’m sorry. I can’t help how awesome I am.” I laughed. He pulled me into a hug and I felt him kiss the top of my head.

“Maybe, you could give me your number and we could still keep in touch.” He said.

“Yeah, I’ll miss you too much.” I said. He chuckled a little.

“So you just quit playing when I showed up. Why?” He asked. I shrugged. He reached for my acoustic guitar and began strumming. I soon realize what he was playing and began singing along to the Blink 182 song. I laughed once we finished playing then looked across the lake and saw that they were packing up. I felt sad again. We stood up and headed back towards my camp. My mom was still sitting by the fire.

“Dear Alexandria, aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?” My mom said standing up. I rolled my eyes.

“Mom, this is Jaime. Jaime, this is my mom.” I said.

“Jaime. I’ve never heard of that before.” Mom said.

“That’s because we live in Illinois and you don’t get out much.” I said putting my guitar in the truck then grabbing Jaime’s hand and walking away.

“She was putting on such an act there.” I said. He laughed. We reached the other guys and Tony was the first to hug me. I think Tony was my second best guy friend here. Jaime being my first and Veronica being the girl friend.

“I’m going to miss you, oh so much.” Tony fakes cried.

“I’m going to miss you, too.” I said. I hugged everybody by the time they finished packing. Before they were getting into the van, Jaime pulled me away, asking me for my number. I gave him the number and he typed it in his phone then he wrote his down so I could put it in my phone. We just stood there in silence not wanting to leave just yet. I looked across the lake and saw the spot. Jaime grabbed my chin and pulled me to look at him. He rubbed his thumb under my eyes to wipe away the tears. I didn’t even notice that I was crying.

“I’m really going to miss you, Alexandria.” He said.

“I think I’ll miss you a tad bit more, Jaime.” I said. He shook his head.

“That’ll be a lot.” He smiled. He leaned in, barely touching my lips. I closed my eyes as his lips brushed against my lips. He pulled away and we both smiled.

“I’ve wanted to do that since I’ve pretty much met you.” He said then kissed me again before I heard Vic shout for us. We walked back to the others hand in hand. They piled out again and hugged me. They were so weird. Jaime hugged me then kissed me quickly on the lips.

“Text me as soon as you get in range.” He said. I nodded. He climbed inside the van.

“I’ll see you soon, guys.” I said shutting the door and saw Jaime’s face looked confused. Hopefully, the others will explain to him what that was about. I waved bye as they drove off. I slowly walked back to my tent and sat with my parents.

“We’re leaving tomorrow so chin up.” My dad said. I smiled then hugged him since I was sitting beside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really not how I wanted it to go. Just couldn't write what I was thinking. I hope you still enjoyed it. :D

Alexandria's PJ's