‹ Prequel: Untitled
Status: comment, favorite, follow me :D...if you wanna

Happy 4th

Dreadful Delight

I awoke to a pair of bright blue eyes staring down at me. Everything from the night before came flooding back to me which caused me to cringe internally, but didn't stop the smile from appearing on my face “good morning” I croaked. Steve smiled at me as he shifted his position on the bed pulling me closer to him “morning ma'am.” I chuckled at this “Steve, you slept in my bed with me so I’m gonna say its pretty safe to say you can call me Sabrina.” He gently placed his hand on my shoulder “right, good morning Sabrina” I propped myself up on one elbow and stared into his eyes. Oh how badly I wanted to kiss him. I leaned in, our lips were mere inches apart. I couldn’t believe this was happening.

BANG! My door swung open and hit the wall, most likely leaving a dent. We jumped apart as a squealing Cher ran into my room “oh my god, oh my god, oh my god” she screeched, but came to an abrupt halt as she realized that Steve was in my bed. I'm pretty sure all of our faces were tinted blush red. Steve broke the silence as he cleared his throat “well I should probably get to work” he gave me a small smile as he stood from my bed “I’ll talk to you later Ma...Sabrina” and just like that he was gone and Cher was back to her squealing.

She flopped down onto my bed “oh Sabs you'll never believe the night I had, Bruce is amazing, and smart, and just ahhh” she buried her head into the nearest pillow and sighed. I couldn’t help but giggle at her girlish behavior “so I take it you had a fun first night” she peaked her head from beneath the pillow. Her eyes had that spark of mischief that usually led to trouble “yes I did, and it looks like I’m not the only one who had a good night” she said while poking me in the side.

My eyes drifted to the dark red comforter that lay sprawled across my bed “he was only here to keep me safe...its not like anything happened.” I probably should have told her why he was here but I decided against it. She squinted her eyes and stared at me for a minute before speaking “suuure nothing happened...that’s not what it looked like to me and oh my god what would your father think” her voice and face both holding a mocking to them. All color drained from my face as I thought about that, what would he think. I’ll tell you what he'd think, he be thinking no daughter of his is gonna be dating, period...not unless I want the guy to end up dead. Maybe if I just talked to him...a pair of snapping finger brought me out of my thoughts “geez I was only kidding, and besides its not like I would tell him.”

I shook my head and forced a laugh “yeah I know you wouldn’t ” I told her. I peered at my clock that hung on the wall across from my bed, it read 10:30. “We had better be off then” I quickly got dressed into my uniform (http://www.polyvore.com/sabrinas_uniform/set?id=98809104) and grabbed Cher by the arm dragging her out of the door shutting it behind us. We left directly to the training grounds after we ate a quick breakfast. I smirked at Cher in her new uniform (http://www.polyvore.com/cherokee_dakota_dalton_agent_outfit/set?id=65564599 ) “are you ready for your first training session” she grimaced as she looked at her new outfit “I guess, but why am I learning how to fight, cant I just stay in the science lab with Bruce?”

I was about to answer when I was cut off “every member of shield has to be trained in hand to hand combat ma'am” my face turned crimson at those words because only one person I knew still talked like that “Hi Steve” Cher almost giggled in delight as she said those words. Steve stepped further into the training room as he greeted us properly “Sabrina would you like any help with training the new recruit” he motioned to Cher. “uh, I think I should be fine, but thank you” my words were strained and barely audible, Steve was just about to leave when Cher spoke up “Hey Steve could you do a battle with Sabrina so I can get the hang of it?” I was praying that he would say he had to go, please have something better to be doing but no luck “sure as long as Sabrina is up for it.” I glared at her before looking back at Steve, “uh sure I’m game.”

We both got on the mat and Cher counted down from five. “Five, four, three, two, one go!” I began circling him and my training kicked in taking over my body. About twenty minutes in to the fight some of the team members began entering and watching the fight. Tony, and Bruce were the only ones who weren’t watching which I was glad Tony was not here or else Steve might do something bad. I dodged an attack from Steve and tackled him in the process, taking him to the ground with a loud thud. My face instantly heat up as I felt his hands around my waist and it seemed like we were the only two in the room as we lay there staring at each other, that is at least until we heard cat calls coming from Cher and Barton. We automatically pulled apart and stood up walking in opposite directions.

I could hear Cher behind me calling for me to wait up but I couldn’t stop, “Sabs please stop and talk to me, come on it wasn’t that bad.” my body came to a complete halt and I did a 180 degree turn “not that bad” panic filled my voice “it was a disaster and I’ve NEVER walked away from a fight before, what would my dad say.” I slid my back against the wall and sat down placing my face in my hands “why did this have to happen, I was perfectly content not liking anybody...why did I have to develop feelings for him.”

Cher sat down beside me “oh hun it'll be alright” she rubbed my back to soothe me just like my mum used to when I lived at home. I let out a sigh and decided she was right “yeah I know, hey you wanna blow off training for the day, I kinda just feel like watching movies and eating ice cream...who knows maybe Thor will join us, its hilarious to watch him watch new movie” Cher shook her head enthusiastically “sounds like a good plan to me Sabs.” a smile spread across my face “alright lets go!” I grabbed her arm and drug her down the hallway to find Thor.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait...hope you enjoy it