Status: Slowly but sure

You Make It Hard to Breathe

One

I stared down at the paper in front of me, it was written with connecting letter but the words wasn’t very clear, seems like that letter was written in hurry. I read it over and over and I just can’t believe myself, mom was finally left.

She left me here alone in this quite big house in Tempe, Arizona. She said in the letter that she left because of her job that needs her outside the country. I actually didn’t mind she left me though, because basically I always alone every day, every single day. Mom was always on work, and Dad had never shown up after my tenth birthday. After that Mom just gave me money and she didn’t care about anything else happened in my life.

Because of what happened with my parents, I became a loner. I basically didn’t have a friend at school, but I didn’t mind at all. I only had one friend, her name is Grace. She has been my best friend since she moved to the house next to me when I was seven. She was the only person that didn’t even care about my family background.

Different from me, Grace was an outgoing person. She really didn’t have problem with socializing. She even pushed me to go to a party once, but I begged her to not take me to the party and she didn’t listen. And at the end, I run off the party by taking Grace’s car and she was pissed at me for a week.

I crumpled the paper and threw it to the trash can next to me. I headed up stairs and shut my bedroom door. I called grace and told her that my mom was finally left me alone here.

“What? For real?” Her voice seems very excited to hear that.

“Yeah, she left a letter for me, I don’t know maybe she won’t comeback. But hey it’s like a normal thing for me and I don’t feel a difference about having she’s around or not” I chuckled and nodded even though she couldn’t see me.

“Yeah yeah you’re right, hey I have to drive mom to the store, catch ya later, bye!” I said goodbye and she hung up the phone.

I run my hand to my hair, felt disgust because of my sticky hair I decided to take a shower. I took the hot calmly long shower that could possibly burn my skin. After I took a shower, I dressed up with a yellow v-neck with a big red heart in the middle of it and a knee-length black short. I let my hair down and let it dried by itself.

I jogged down to the kitchen and I nearly made my heart jump out because I saw a guy that has a gap in his teeth and a thin moustache sitting in my counter.

“Oh hi! I guess you’re Riley McAdams?” He turned back at me and smile. Who the hell is this guy? What is he doing in my house?!

“Wh… Who are you?” I stuttered.

“I’m Kennedy Brock but Kenny for short, I am going to stay at your house and taking care of you” He grinned, feels like there was nothing strange between us.

“You’re… what?” I nearly screamed to hear that. I didn’t even know who the hell is he, why would I have to let him stay in my house?

“Wait, are you already reading the letter from your mom?” I nodded.

“Are you already read it all?” He asked again. I ran to the trash can and took that crumbled paper and straight it again. I re-read again and saw the little note on the end of the letter. It said that my cousin, Kennedy Brock and his band mates were going to stay in my house and took care of me. My mouth opened and I turned back to face Kennedy who was sipping his Starbucks.

“Is this for real?” I asked him again, I still didn’t believe what that stupid letter said. I mean, why would she just left me and then made my cousin take care of me? I’m seventeen nearly eighteen, it means I already old enough to take care of myself. But the most annoying thing is, why would it have to be my cousin and his band mates?

He just nodded and laughed. I made a coffee for myself and sat down next to him in the counter. I sipped my coffee while Kennedy sipping his own. We sat there in silent until I encouraged myself to speak.

“So if you’re my cousin, why we haven’t met each other?”

“You never came to the family gathering and the same with your mom” He chuckled. I stared down at my coffee. Right, because of my mom is a super workaholic, she didn’t even have a time for a family gathering and stuffs. So I didn’t know who was my big family consisting of.

“So…”

“You’re thinking why I accepted your mom’s offer right?” He cut me off and I just nodded. Did he just read my mind?

“Well, because I am a nice person and because she’s still my mom’s sister so I gladly accept it. And I heard her daughter is pretty hot” He winked and I just stared at him blankly. I wrinkled my nose in disgust and he just laugh.

We back sat in silent. Did I have to let them stay in my house? I mean I could have Grace stay here but I bet she wouldn’t make it to stay here every day. Maybe I could try myself to socialize? No Riley, no one wants to be your friend, you’re just a pathetic girl that doesn’t even have a parent around you, the girl that only have one frie—

“Riley, the guys will be her like tomorrow maybe, I’m not sure” Kennedy’s voice snapped me back from my thought.

“Yeah Ken, whatever. So uh… you can take any room in this house, just pick one but the last room in the hallway okay?” I awkwardly stood up and lead him to the upstairs. He followed me and stopped in the middle of hallway.

“Can I take this one?” Kenny chose the first room in the hallway. I nodded and opened the door for him. It was a room with a single bed in it, and a big window. I didn’t even know whose room was that. Kenny put his suitcase down near the big drawer that attached to the wall. He looked around and turned at me.

“I like this room” He smiled to me and he sat on the bed.

“Yeah, me too. Uh… I will be at my room if you need me, okay Ken?” He nodded and I stepped out from the room and closed the door.

Maybe I should let it flow for a while and see where this thing could lead me on…
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the re-make for my story. because i lost the master file of the story before this so i decided to remake this story

Comment and subscribe will be appreciated :)

ps: let me know if you spot some grammatical errors