Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter One

I twirled in a circle four times slowly and then came to stop. I slowly lifted my head and opened my eyes to look at myself in the mirror when I heard the music come to a stop.
I looked at my watch and began to gather my things. Didn't want to be late to class on the first day back did I.

I had been dancing for years; and, I guess that paid off because now I was in one of the finest dance academy's in the country.
I started dancing when I had first began walking. No, I'm serious. Instead of taking steps, I somehow began to skip and jump at the same time. What everyone in my family found funny was that I always somehow landed in first position after my jumps. So, I'v been dancing ever since.

In most cases, you either have one parent or neither, supporting you in dance or your career. But in my case, I had both parents pushing me to do better in dance. Also, since this is my last year here, I have to do my own choreography that will blow the peoples mind and hopefully be able to be in a big time dance company. Along with having high honor roll in all my classes. No pressure right?

Apart from that, I really have no life. I mean, yeah I go out to parties and all, but they never seem to click with me. So I lean more toward going to museums, or theaters instead.

I looked at the clock and headed over to the girl I'v known for eighteen years now; in other words, my best friend Candice. I chuckled a bit to myself when I saw her getting mad at her locker and hitting it with both her fists and her feet.

"Careful now. Those feet are too damn valuable." I teased from behind her.

"Dessy!" She smiled and faced me giving me a huge hug. I gave a small groan and she pulled away confused.

"Still with that nickname?" I asked.

"Of course! Its been your nickname since we were in dippers. Now quit complaining and help me get this ugly thing open." She commanded with a smile. I laugh and asked her what her combination was and opened it without a problem. I leaned on the locker next to hers as I waited for her to get her things in order.

"You'll never believe where Henry took me this weekend!" She squealed with delight. I shook my head and shrugged. Henry and Candice had been going out for a couple of years now and seemed to be getting serious.

"He took me to this place where we could swim with sharks!" She explained and my eyes widen.

"I know amazing right! So we wen-"

"You swam with sharks! Are you crazy!?" I said cutting her off.

"Relax mom, everything was perfectly safe!" She laughed smiling.

"Whoa! We're talking about safe sex and I'm not invited!" Chace said from behind me. I smile and laughed turning around and hugging him.

Candice on the other hand crossed her arms across her chest and shook her head.

"No smart ass, we aren't talking about sex at all! Gee could your mind get anymore perverted!"
Chace opened his mouth to answer.

"Nope! Don't answer that." She said holding her hand up and turning to the lead the way to our first warm up dance class.
I laughed and turned to face my best three year dance partner ever! He is also the best guy friend anyone could ever have.

"How was your weekend?" I asked as we followed Candice.

"Oh the usual. Party after party. Girl after girl..." He said with a smirk and then chuckled as I rolled my eyes. We both knew he was too good for that.

"I hung out with my mom most of the time. We went to see a couple dance movies and did more research on the different dance companies that are local." He explained.

"Still doesn't want you to leave home does she." I replied and he shook his head.

"No." He said with a shrug. "I'm going to have to push harder though for her to see that I can handle being on my own. I mean, no matter how many times I tell her to not do my laundry, she still does it!"

I laughed a bit shaking my head as we walked into the dance studio A.

Chace, Candice, and I sat down and took our shoes off as we began to stretch. Everyone turned to look at the door when it opened. I didn't though because I knew it was just our dance instructor.

But two things caught me off guard as I continued looking down as I stretches my calves.

One thing was I heard two pair of feet walking instead of one.
And the second thing was the words that came out of Candice's' mouth.

"Oh my fucking god!"

Thats when I decided to look up to see what the hell was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short!!! But its kind of just an intro!!! Please i love you all silent and non silent readers!!! Please comment and subscribe. Any feedback is welcomed!!
Will update soon. I hope!