Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Sixteen

"You’re not sure? You were always sure since day one." I said as I tried on different dresses.

"Well, can’t I change my mind?" Candice said as she watched from her bed and shook her head at the dress I had on. I sighed and tried on another.

"Because I thought you liked him. And now that you don’t-"

"I didn’t say I don’t. I just said...I’m unsure." She cut me off.

"But why!" I pleased and frowned at myself in the mirror.

"I do like him. I do...but I guess the reason I don’t is because he didn’t do what normal guys do last night."

My eyes widen and I stared at her in shock.

"No no! I mean I’m glad he didn’t take advantage of you...I’m just worried now why he didn’t."

"Cant he just be a good person?" I suggested and shrugged. Candice sighed and got up walking to her closet.

"And what has made you so pro Damon all of a sudden?" She asked and glanced at me when I didn’t answer. "So something DID happen last night."

"No exactly..." My voice came out weak and I explained what happened since I stepped foot in Damon’s apartment.

A couple minutes later after trying on all of my dresses and explaining to Candice what happened, she stood there shocked.

"Wow...I guess I was right about him from the begging!" She smiled and I rolled my eyes. "Now somebody owes him an apology doesn’t she?" She smirked a bit and looked at me.

I gave a slight nod. "I will...um, soon." I replied and sat on the bed in only my underwear. "Now back to the real issue. What in the world do I wear?"

"Well since nothing in your damn closet seems to work, you’ll wear this one." She said and held up a beautiful silver dress that was knee length and showed a little too much cleavage.

"Uh....too much...." I motioned to the chest and she laughed shaking her head.

"Go on. Put it on and I’ll do a little make up-and NO don’t make that face." She threw me the dress and slowly I put it on.

The dress fit perfectly and was just the right size. Yes, it did show a little cleavage but just the right amount. It hug tightly to my waist and the length was just perfect.

"Wow...." I said quietly to myself in the mirror.

"Yep! Amazing what a little cleavage could do huh?" She teased and went to get her make up kit.

"I really don’t want much Can..."

"I know, relax and sit down." I did and she began.

Fifteen minutes later Candice was done applying a small amount of eye shadow, eyeliner, masquera, lipstick, and blush. I was on the computer catching up on some of my homework when I heard a knock on the door.

"Go get him babe!" Candice yelled and I laughed a bit grabbing my bag and opening the door.

Damon was dressed in a nice dress shirt and black dress pants. His back was to me, but I could tell he pulled back his hair a bit. He turned around and stood there for a few seconds.

He blinked and I noticed him swallow. "You look..."

"Beautiful, she knows. I want her back before 3am okay." Candice said from behind me and I blushed.

"Candice...I don’t need two mothers." I said and just saw her smirk.

"She will be back by then. You have my word." Damon said with a breathtaking smile. Candice nodded and closed the door behind me.

"You really do look beautiful." He said softly.

"Thanks..." I replied trying to hold my blush in.

"Ready?" He asked and held out his arm for me to take.

"Ready." I took his arm and we headed out.
~~

The place looked amazing. It was a grand hall with a huge dance floor and tables around everywhere. It was a restaurant but mixed with some sort of dancing show.

Damon lead me to the table Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler were sitting at and pulled a chair out for me.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded taking a seat next to me.

"Desera! We are so glad you decided to join us! Really we are." Mr. Stevenler said with a smile which I could only return.

"I am too." I nodded.

"Gosh there is SO much to do in SO little time!" Mrs. Stevenler said smiling wide.

"Relax dear, it will all be okay with time." Mr. Stevenerler calmed her. "Okay, so first thing is first. You two will be dancing a week after the schools performance. Yes I know Desera...it’s not a lot of time but I know you and Damon are capable of doing this. The competition will have many important people there who are choosing the best to take under their wing. There will be four types of dances. Ballet, Hip-Hop, Tango, and a Latin piece of your choice. Whether it is Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, or Qumbia."

I sat there listening and nodding every now and then. He continued to explain a few requirements and what I would need to bring on that day. The costumes were taken care of and all the dance pieces were choreographed. Every one of them except Tango.

Which Damon said he would teach me himself.

I looked at him a bit surprised. Tango was a very sophisticated dance and not one of the easiest. Why did he want to teach me THAT dance?

He looked back at me with his black eyes into my clear ones. "Do you trust me...?”

"I do." I said automatically. And I did. He taught a kid a lesson back at the party. He didn’t sleep with me. He didn’t leave no matter how many times I told him to go to hell. He didn’t back down without a fight. And he had faith in me.

I do trust him.

He smiled when he heard my words and I did also. From the corner of my eyes I saw Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler looking at each other with a knowing smile.

"Perfect. Now let’s eat."
~~

I laughed, smiled, joked, and enjoyed myself throughout the evening and ate amazing dishes. Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler told us how they met, along with how their wedding almost didn’t happen. Turns out they started off pretty similar to Damon and I. Mr.Stevenler being me and Mrs.Stevenler being Damon.

"Ooh! Goodies, the dancing will start!" Mrs. Stevenler clapped her hands and smiled turning in her seat a bit to face the stage.

"Dancing?" I asked out loud and watched as dancers came out from the back and onto the dance floor. They had very proper costumes on and stood in their positions. The lights dimmed and the music started.

The dancers had black masks on so when they danced all you could really see were just their bodies. They danced so smoothly and so in beat with the song, that I was mesmerized. I studied and watched every one of their movements and didn’t catch myself smiling until I felt eyes on me. I looked over at Damon to see him staring at me deeply. I searched his dark eyes and saw his hand reach up to touch my face, but stopped and let it fall back on the table. Instead, he smiled softly.

"Wonderful isn’t it?" He nodded toward the dances.

"Y..yeah." I hesitated and looked back at the dancers. It really was wonderful.

The dance finished and the room filled with people clapping, including myself. The dancers bowed and walked out.

"Well, that was breathtaking!" Mrs. Stevenler said still clapping.

"Definitely!" I smiled and nodded. We finished our meal and Mr. Stevenler paid. He helped Mrs. Stevenler out of her seat the same time Damon offered me a hand to get up. I looked up at him and gently took his familiar hand.

"Thank you. This was wonderful Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler! It was great!" I said.

"Oh sweetie. You give us too much credit. We didn’t pick this place out and neither did my husband." Mrs. Stevenler said. I frowned confused and then looked at Damon who was avoiding the attention.

“You chose this place?” I asked softly and he gave a small nod.

Wow, he sure was full of surprises.

We said our goodbyes and Damon took me back to my dorm.

“I had a good time. Thank you.” I told him as we reached my door and I looked around for my key.

“I’m glad you went. Thank YOU.” He said searching my face. I opened my mouth to ask about the whole Tango thing, but decided it was late already and we both needed to get our rest.

“I’ll…see you Monday then?” I asked looking up at him, really hoping I didn’t sound desperate or anything.

“Monday.” He nodded with a gentle smile and kissed my cheek before heading out once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyy!!!!! Yayaya another chapter!!! =) Hope you guys enjoyed it!!! Lol. Dont know when I will update, but I'm hopeing I will this weekened!!! Check out my other stories that I'm also working on!!!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!