Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Seventeen

Monday came so soon that Candice was pulling me out of bed instead of the other way around.

“Get up sleepy head!” She yelled into my ear and I slapped her with my pillow. She laughed and walked away.

I groaned and pulled the covers off myself and rubbed my eyes. I was exhausted. I had worked my feet so hard this weekend in techniques that I thought they would bleed if I pushed myself another hour on pointe shoes. I stretched and slowly got up to put on my casual outfit.

“Hey call Chace and asked if he is going to stop at Starbucks before he comes to class. If he is, you know what I want.” Candice said from somewhere in the closet. I chuckled grabbing my phone and dialed Chace.

“Hello?”

“Hey lover boy, you going to Starbucks?” I teased smiling.

“No, this lover has many important things to do…like…LOVE!” He yelled into the phone and I held it away from my ear. He and I chuckled before he answered. “Yeah, I’m heading there in a few. Candice want the usual?”

“Yep.” I replied.

“And you also? Oh right…you hate Starbucks.” I could already see him rolling his eyes and I smiled wide.

“Yep!” I repeated.

“Okay. I’ll see you guys in first period.” He said and hung up right before I yawned.

A few minutes later, Candice and I were heading down to our first period.

“So you and Damon start tonight huh?” Candice wiggled her eyebrows. I guess I would never know when she was for or again Damon.

“Yes we are…just not like that Can. Chill.” I said and walked into the studio.

“Mhm…” She smirked and set her things down.

“I’m serious. All we are going to do is start running through all the dances we have to do. There won’t be time for anything else.” I set my things down also and joined Candice on the floor stretching.

“So, let me get one thing straight. You like him correct?”

“No.” I said that too quickly. Crap! I cursed myself mentally.

“Oh-kay then. That means yes. Well you know he does like you also.” She shrugged and I stared at her blankly. She looked at me with wide eyes. “Holy shit, you mean you haven’t noticed?”

“I-”

“Lover boy is back! One for you,” He handed Candice her drink and held his own. “and one ‘pour moi!’” He smiled and sat down with us. “So what did I miss?” He asked. Right then our warm up instructor walked in and clapped her hands wanting us to get ready.

“Doesn’t matter now.” I said quietly and went to the front of the line to my spot. I stood there quietly staring at my hands while the teacher talked with another student and almost screamed when I felt a whisper against my ear.

“Morning.” Damon whispered and I quickly looked up into the mirror and caught his dark eyes.

“M-morning.” I replied hesitantly and put my hands down to my sides. I continued to look at his eyes in the mirror and he did the same. We both looked away when we heard the instructor clap her hands once more and told us to begin.

Beginning was the easiest part for me. It was always easy for me to grasp. The steps were drilled into my muscles. Endings on the other hand, were a disaster for me. As we neared the end, I began to get jittery and bit my lip.

“Relax, you’re doing great.” I heard Damon tell me against my neck as he had his arms wrapped around my waist ready for a dip. I nodded and gave a small gasp when I felt him lift me up in the air above his head.

This was not part of the choreograph; he was improvising.

“Bravo. Brilliant Damon! Just brilliant!” The warm up teacher clapped her hands as the music faded in the background.

Damon slowly and gently led me back down to the ground, holding me close to him. I cautiously touched the ground and looked up at him. What was he thinking? Was he crazy? I could have been in the wrong pose and injured him as he lifted me! Or worse, I could have injured myself. I opened my mouth but he beat me to it.

“I’m sorry.”

“Oh don’t apologize Damon! You did what you had to do. And the outcome was perfect! We are adding that part for the two of you. From the top!” The teacher commanded and everyone but Damon and I moved. I searched his eyes and saw him look into my light and clear ones. He knew exactly what I was going to say and understood. I could see it in his eyes.

“I’ll tell her to take that part out. We don-”

“No. We can keep it.” I replied and saw the shock on his face.

“You sure?” He asked.

I nodded certainly and replied, “Positive.” I moved to my starting position and stood ready for the music.

Why had I said yes, I don’t know. What I did know though, was that when I was up in the air, I felt weightless. I felt surprised, and amazing. It all felt unexpected and…brilliant! And from that point on, I knew I could trust Damon with my body when it came to creating something extraordinary in dance.
~~~

“YES!” I shouted but was quickly shushed by what seemed like a million kids in the library.

I chuckled and closed my laptop and smiled with triumph. I had finished my paper! Finally, I thought to myself.

“Well that’s a smile no one ever see’s.” I heard a voice to my left and saw Damon leaning against a book shelf.

“Uh…It’s just that I finished this paper that seemed to be taking me years to finish…” I replied. Why the hell was I telling him this?

He nodded quietly and I gathered my things. I heard the bell ring as I put my last book in my bag.

“Can I walk you to class?” Damon asked politely. I looked up and caught his eye once again. I gave a small nod and threw my bag over my shoulder.

“Yeah. We’re going to the same class anyway.” I replied.

“But only if you don’t mind.”

“I don’t.” I said quickly and looked away at the door not wanting to look like a fool. These feelings in my stomach were all new to me; something that NEVER happened.

“Okay.” He finally said and we walked to our last two hours of the day.

Please, don’t make me trip over my feet.

“I’ll catch you.” He replied. Oh shit! I said that out loud? I looked at him with surprised eyes. That particular moment, I missed a step down the stairs and felt him wrap his arm around my waist. I swallowed hard and closed my eyes a bit as my head rested against his chest.

“I’ll catch you.” He said once more to himself and felt him kiss the top of my head before pulling away.“Ready?”

“Ready.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayyayyyay another chhapttterr! I also got my interent backkkk! Lol...well sorta. Still waiting to get the wifi working. But anyways I will be able to keep updating! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!