Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Eighteen

Twelve days till the schools dance performance. Nineteen days till the competition Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler signed us up for.

Us: Damon and I.

Why was I so nervous then? It’s not like I haven’t been under pressure before right? I had done this a million of times and it all turned out just fine. The dance categories weren’t that different either.

But there was one huge difference.

Chace, who was at my side for every dance class we had for three full years, was no longer my dance partner.

Instead, Damon was. And that’s what I figured made me nervous and jittery as I walked back into the dance studio after my break.

“Good, your back! We have tons to do now!” Mrs. Stevenler said excitedly. I gave a small nod and set my things down as I made my way to Damon’s side in front of the mirrors.

“Hey.” He said softly and I gave another nod before focusing my attention toward Mr. Stevenler.

“Okay, so the first dance we will do will be the easiest. Hip-Hop.” He said causally and looked through his ipod for the song.

My eyes widen a bit. “Hip-hop is the easiest? Wouldn’t it be…um…ballet?” I asked as I gently bit my lip. This was not good. Hip-Hop was not my strongest dance.

Mrs. Stevenler chuckled and shook her head. “Oh no dear, hip-hop is easiest because it has less techniques to follow.”

“But, since you will be dancing with another couple with each dance, you have to stand out. Meaning the song Toxic by Britney Spears, is going to have to require a lot of extraordinary moves due to its common choice of song for hip hop dances.” Mr. Stevenler said. He turned on the music and went to stand beside Mrs. Stevenler. “Alright, we will start with the basics…”

And we started.
~~

“You have to relax your body, Desera.”

That’s the problem, I can’t relax my god damn body! Ugh!

I splashed water on my face as I was freshening up in the bathroom. We have been dancing for two hours straight and going on the third. I shook my head as I stared at myself in the mirror.

You can do this, I thought. But every time I thought it, I believed it less and less. I walked out of the bathroom and almost crashed into Damon.

“Ow…” I said quietly and rubbed my head. He sure as heck had a muscular chest.

“Sorry. Are you okay?” He asked worried. I nodded.

“Yeah, just wasn’t paying attention. That’s all.” I replied.

“Just coming to make sure you didn’t bail out on us.” He said, with a small smile.

“Wow, wouldn’t that be very big of me to do.”

“Glad you didn’t.”

I looked up at his serious tone of voice and he moved a strand of hair away from my face.

“You’re doing great. You just-”

“Have to loosen up. Yeah, I know.” I sighed pulling away and headed back to the studio.

We continued to work for thirty minutes until Mr. Stevenler told us to stop.

“You two have done very well tonight. It’s a promising start. I think you deserve to go home early usually we go for three hours straight, just so you know.” He said and began to pack up.

I grabbed my things and put a sweater over my wet black leotard. I had that and sweats; considering, this was hip hop dancing. I took a long sip of my water.

“Do you have plans tonight?” I heard Damon ask from behind me as he looked around his bag for his keys.

“Uh…it’s almost eight at night Damon. I should probably get some homework done.” I said narrowing my eyes at him curiously. He chuckled and stood up, throwing his bag over his shoulder as he twirled his keys around.

“I’ll pick you up at eight thirty then.” He said and walked out of the door.

“Damon!” I yelled and followed him. He stopped and turned.

Shit. What was I going to say? No? Yes, I was going to tell him no….Then why wasn’t I saying it! I shook my head and rubbed my eyes.

“How should I dress?”

He smirked before telling me, “Something hot.”
~~

“Something hot? Are you kidding me!”

I shook my head as Candice looked through my closet.

“He really said that! God, what is this sexy man have planned for you!” She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

“Can you just find me something? I have to leave in like…fifteen minutes!” I pouted as I sat on the bed with a towel wrapped around my waist. I began combing my wet hair as I waited.

“Well it wouldn’t be so hard if you HAD any hot clothes.” She sighed and gave up on my boring closet and went to hers.

Ten minutes later, I was wearing black skinny jeans and a strapless blue shirt. I applied very light lipstick and let my hair down.

“Thank you Candice, really.” I smiled and hugged her.

“Yeah, yeah. Now go! You’re going to be late!” She yelled and I laughed as I made my way down the girl’s hallway and waited outside.

Damon’s car pulled up and he got out. He looked at me and then gave a light smile. “Perfect.” He said and opened the door for me. I got in and buckled up.

“So, where are we going?” I asked as he drove.

“You’ll see.”

Ugh, I wasn’t a big fan of surprises.

We pulled into a parking lot and I quickly got out looking around. There was a building that said, Street Night. A club. Crap!

“Come on.” Damon said and placed a hand around my waist as we walked in. I tried to ignore the feeling I had in my stomach when I felt him place his hand around me. Damon paid for us to get in and found us a table.

The crowd here was huge! Everyone was dancing or at the bar drinking. People were having fun and yelling for the DJ to continue playing music.

Hip-hop music.

I looked up at Damon realizing why he brought me here and he gave me a small smile as he searched my face. I shook my head giving a soft laugh and looked around.

“I’ll go get some drinks.” He said and got up heading toward the bar. I waited patiently and continued to observe the dancers on the floor. They moved their hips so smoothly and with the beat. I looked at their faces and all I saw was a relaxed and happy face. How could they do that and still dance great.

I looked over at the bar and noticed a blond girl talking with Damon. Or should I say flirting with him. My jaw tightened a bit as I watched. The girl placed a hand around Damon’s neck and leaned in.

Damon shook his head and easily moved out of her arms. He told her something and turned around to walk back toward me. I quickly looked back at the dancers.

“Here you go.” He said and handed me a drink. I frowned at it and shook my head.

“Sorry. I think I’m good.” I replied and he simply nodded. I kept watching the dancers until I heard him speak again.

“I didn’t just bring you here to watch you know.”

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. “You’re kidding right?”

“Of course…not.” He smirked with a chuckle and held out a hand for me. I bit my lip and looked at his hand to the dancers. “It won’t be that bad.” He promised, and I placed my hand in his.

He led the way to the dance floor and dropped his hands. I just stood there and looked at everyone around me.

“Relax.” He told me and placed his arms on my waist. I slowly did and continued to look at those around me. Until Damon pulled my chin up to meet his eyes. “Listen to the music; don’t look at the people dancing to it.”

I gave a small nod and looked at him, still unable to listen.

“Close your eyes.” He said.

I closed my eyes and listened. I moved my hips a bit as I listened and then began to bob my head up and down. Unsure of my moves, I peeked open my eyes and saw Damon smiling down at me. I focused on my breathing as I felt my cheeks heat up.

“You’re doing great.” He chuckled and twirled me around so my back was against his chest. I continued to move my hips and felt him move against me.

With time, I relaxed and lifted my hands up with a smile as I danced. Damon spun me and dipped me every now and then. But it was mainly me and him dancing together.

I was back facing him and saw him lean toward my ear. “Enjoying yourself?” He asked and pulled away to look at my face. I nodded with a smile.

“I am.”
~~

I began to wear out and so did Damon. We both had been dancing non-stop for who knows how long, and I knew it was time to go.

“Time to go?”

“Yep!” I replied, exhausted.

“Okay.” He took my hand and took me out of Street Night.

I couldn’t shake this feeling though, that someone was watching me and Damon the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo sorry I wasnt able to update Friday you guys!! Ughhg, i hate when i dont update! Anyways, this week is going to be suppppper busy! But I will try to update as best I can!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!