Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Nineteen

"Desera! Please focus!"

I rubbed my eyes and looked at our morning instructor as she yelled at me. I gave her a quick nod and looked at myself in the mirror again. My head was not in the game, and I knew it.

But why?

"You doing okay?" Damon asked beside me.

"Yeah...just a little out of it...I guess?"

"That sounds like a question. Not an actual statement."

"I'm fine. Now whats after the kick-ball-change?"

Damon had no other choice but to drop the subject and help me with the steps instead.

Throughout class I noticed Candice and Chace trying to get my attention or ask if I was okay, but I did my best to ignore them. Its not that I was mad at them, no. It was more like I couldn't shake the feeling that I had when Damon and I left Street Night last night.
~~

"You were so out of it this morning." Chace commented as he ate his pizza.

"Yeah, did everything go okay last night? I mean, from what you told me, nothing seemed wrong." Candice asked. I shook my head.

"Everything is fine. Today is just not my day, that's all." I tried to convince them.

But they knew me all to well.

"Bull shit! We know you Desera. And even on your bad days, you put up a good front. Something is bothering you, what is it?" Candice snapped.

I opened my mouth to say something, but someone beat me to it.

"Would it be okay with you guys if I took Desera away for a while?"

I frowned confused and turned around in my seat to look at Damon.

"Away?" All three of us said.

"No no...I meant away as in till last period." He quickly replied. I gave a small sigh of relief and my frowned quickly returned.

"Why are you asking them for permission."

"Because he knows better!" Candice smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I can go."

"And who told you that?" Candice asked raising an eyebrow and a smirk playing on her lips. I shook my head and stood up.

"Ill be back for class MOTHER."

She smiled and nodded. "Have fun! Not TOO much fun...." She teased and I cursed in my head. I quickly turned around to hide my blush and threw away my food.

And it kept getting worse.

Everyone around turned silent and stared at Damon and I. Great! Just freaking great!

"Just ignore them." Damon whispered in my ear as we headed toward the exit.

"Easy for you to say. I'm sure your used to all the staring."

"Why do you say that?" He asked and opened the door for me. I began to hear whispers behind us and I sighed as I made my way out of the cafeteria.

"Never mind..."

"Its really no different then when you dance in front of people. You have hundreds of eyes on you then."

"Yes. But in dance, your suppose to stare. Your not suppose to stare when a random person walks out of a cafeteria." I replied.

"But your not a random person..." I heard him say under his breath. But by the look of it, he didn't mean for me to hear that. So I pretended I didn't.

"So....where are we going?"

"That's a surprise..." He said with his usual smirk.

Ugh.
~~

The dorm room looked like everything BUT a dorm. There was a mini bar in the corner and no beds. This dorm had been transformed into a mini dance club.

The room was large and had wooden floor. There was nothing special with the lighting; it was just a plain room light. The DJ was in the back of the room jamming to the beat.

Everyone was dancing. Dancing like crazy, I should probably add. From the looks of the students faces, they were Freshmen or Sophomores.

"Damon! Glad you made it!" A kid came up to Damon with a big smile. They shook hands and hugged.

"Nicely done Nate! This place looks amazing. Glad you stayed to your gut."

"All thanks to you!" He smiled and patted Damon on the back. I'm guessing this was the kids room and who was in charge of making this whole thing happen. "Well enjoy! You and your girlfriend go hit that dance floor! Lets see what you Seniors got!"

Damon laughed but didn't correct him about me being his girlfriend. Instead, he took my hand and lead me to the dance floor.

"You have study hall next period right?" He asked. I nodded but quickly said,

"But we could get in trouble Damon...isn't having this...place against the school rules?"

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Come on. Its healthy to break the rules every now and then isn't it?"

I snorted and shook my head. No it wasn't, I thought.

"Plus, Nate has challenged us and wants to see what we are made of. Cant really back down now can we?" He smirked and I gave him a small glare.

"You broke my heart
'Cause I couldn't dance
You didn't even want me around
And now I'm back, to let you know
I can really shake 'em down

Do you love me?....."

The crowd went wild when the song came on! I looked around and every single person in the room was dancing and swinging their heads back and forth.

And Damon and I were in the middle of the dance floor.

He gave me a small true smile and took my hand. "Please?" I looked at him and bit my lip. His black eyes were pleading and he showed me a genuine smile. How could I say no? I gave a small nod and he pulled me close.

"All you have to do is feel the beat and swing your hips in whatever way you want...like this." He said and showed me as he danced. Wow, I thought. Those hips moved so damn well!

"Your turn."

I looked at everyone else first but Damon shook his head and pulled my chin to his face. "Close your eyes." I once again, closed them. Suddenly, I felt him behind me and both of his hands on my hips. He slowly began to move them with his hips. We did this for a few seconds and then he began to guide us both downwards to the floor and I opened my eyes.

"Relax..." He whispered against my neck and I slowly did. He moved us up and down and I gave a small chuckle. Soon I was moving my hips with the music and danced with my entire body. Damon chuckled and spun me around a few times. I couldn't help but give a small laugh as he did so.

For my whole study hall period, I was dancing music from the 90's with my dance partner, Damon. And we showed those Freshmen and Sophomores off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Ayayay long time no seee? Lol! Anywayyy, thought this would be a nice little chapter of fun! (Im thinking only five or six more chapters till this story ends....or will it? =p)

This is pretty much how I imagined the place and Damon and Desera dancing!



Link

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!