Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Twenty

"Did you see that girls face!"

"It was a killer!" I laughed hard and shook my head. We were walking toward our last period dance class and laughing our butts off.

"Oh, and then that freshman guy who tried the splits!"

I cracked up laughing and walked into the studio when Damon opened the door for me. My eyes widen and I quickly covered my mouth to shut up.

We were late.

Crap! I was never late! I slowly looked around, my laughter now gone, and saw all the kids staring at us.

"Glad to see you can find your way to class Desera and Damon." Mr. Stevenler said, with his arms crossed. He definitely did not look happy. I bit my lip and quickly put my things down, making my way to my spot. Damon, on the other hand, took his time walking to his place next to me.

"Alright, we will run it all the way through, Desera and Damon will do their solo and the rest of you, you know what your parts are. Positions!" Mrs. Stevenler smiled clapping and I stood there a bit lost.

Damon took my hand and gave it a small squeeze. "Come on, we just danced our asses off back there. Its not different here."

I pulled my hand away and took a deep breath watching my reflection in the mirror. "Yes there is Damon."

"What is it then?"

"This is the place where every step counts." I looked up at him to see him searching my face until the music started and we pulled apart.

~~

Eleven days till the schools dance performance. Eighteen days till the competition Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler signed us up for. I kept the countdown going in my head and closed my eyes.

I sat outside the dance studio drinking some water and trying to catch my breath a bit. I really didn't know how the heck I did it! I mean two hours of dancing for school and right after my practices for the dance competition! Exhausting!

"Exhausted yet?"

I snapped my eyes open and saw Damon standing in front of me. "Um...Getting there." I said honestly.

"It will get easier. Trust me." He said with a nod and held a hand out for me. I took it carefully and pulled myself up. Walking into the studio, we noticed Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler arguing. But they quickly stopped when they heard us.

"Damon, Desera! Lets begin. Have lots to learn." Mrs. Stevenler said and we quickly took our places in front of the mirror.

"Oh no no dear!" Mrs. Stevenler told me and lead me to the barre. "We are doing Ballet today."

I gave a small sigh of relief. "Which ballet?" I asked softly.

"Swan lake!" Mrs. Stevenler replied with a smile.

Perfect! That couldn't be too hard, I thought.

"Except you and Damon have been chosen to do the Prince and Odile's part. In other words, you will be doing the black swan, while your competition does the white swan." Mr. Stevenler told us.

No! I wanted to scream, but instead I stayed still.

"Oh you say it like its a bad thing!" His wife laughed shaking her head.

Mr. Stevenler opened his mouth but she quickly cut him off.

"No, its not a bad thing. Its perfect for these two. You just watch and see!" She smiled, looking at both Damon and I. "Now, why don't we start on some simple techniques..."

An hour later, my legs were burning! Holy crap! How was I going to make it for three more hours! I sighed and pulled my hair out of its bun and fixed it again.

"Holding up in there?" Damon asked me. He had been doing techniques with Mr. Stevenler on the floor while I was with Mrs. Stevenler, and he seemed pretty tried also.

"Trying to." I answered. He gave a small nod and took a large sip of his water. I took this chance to admired his profile view. He glanced at me and I quickly looked away.

"Break over! Center floor, the two of you." Mr. Stevenler commanded and we obeyed. He showed us the moves while he danced with his wife and we watched carefully. The steps were simple enough, but there was a catch. When wasn't there right?

Odile had to seduce the Prince with her moves.

OK, lets rewind. I HAD TO SEDUCE DAMON! Were the happy couple insane! I could NOT do that! I could barley get a guys attention, how in the hell was I going to seduce someone? I shook my head before saying.

"W-what did you say?"

"Well you see, Odile is sexy, mysterious, and cruel. Those are her techniques to get the Prince to fall for her in a matter of seconds. The task is easy. Seduce the Prince." Mrs. Stevenler smiled wide. Mr. Stevenler on the other hand, shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"The white swan would have been much more pure!" He complained.

"Ugh! Stop it. This will be spectacular! I can feel it sweetie!" His wife laughed and stepped back, giving Damon and I the floor. Mr. Stevenler turned the music on, but I couldn't look at Damon.

Seduce? No FREAKING way!

Damon stepped behind me and placed his hands on my waist for the first move. "Relax....please." He whispered against my neck.

I shook my head and pulled away. "I cant..." As soon as the words left my mouth I jogged out the door and went outside for some air. This couldn't be happening. There were enough things I couldn't handle doing. I sure as hell did NOT need another one.

"Imagine me as someone else." Damon said coming out of the building.

"That's not the problem."

"Then what is?" He asked, standing right in front of me now. I looked up at him and sighed.

"I cant....flirt. Much less SEDUCE!"

He snorted and laughed shaking his head. I frowned and crossed my arms. "What the heck is so funny?"

He stopped laughing a few seconds after my question and watched my face. "You flirt every time you dance Desera."

"What?"

"Flirting can take different forms. The most common ones are giggling, hair twirling, or lip biting. But flirting can be dancing too. Seducing...involves simply moving a bit more in different ways."

"I...I don't understand." I replied. I felt like I was getting my first lesson on how to count to ten or something.

"When you dance Desera, you talk with your body. Some moves that you create are just...well, a turn on for men. Trust me, I know."

I caught his eyes before he looked away. "Really?" I questioned, really not believing him one bit. He sighed, giving me a small smirk looking at me.

"Yeah...really."

"Pervert!" I smacked his arm and headed back inside. I heard him laugh as he followed me.

But I couldn't help blush at his complement.

"You two ready now?" Mr. Stevenler asked us.

We took out spots and searched each others eyes before nodding.

"Ready." We said together.
~~

"Again! I swear, you two are like a couple! No, I don't even think couples go out as much as you two are right now!"

"Oh be quiet Candice! Now, help me find something..,fancy, or classy as he described it." I said, throwing clothes all over.

"Ugh!" She rolled her eyes with a smile and threw a black spaghetti dress at me. "Now hurry up!"

I smiled wide and hugged her before rushing to the bathroom and showered.

Within thirty minutes, I was dressed and ready to go. Just in time too, because right then, Damon knocked on the door.

"Wow! You clean up nice!" Candice smirked, beating me to the door. I peaked over her shoulder and noticed Damon wearing a fancy white shirt and black dress pants.

"Good afternoon Candice." Damon said with a smile. "Is Desera ready?"

"Yep, right here." I said, pushing Candice aside playfully. Damon's face lit up when he saw me and I held back a blush. Candice HAD to kill the moment by pushing me into Damon's chest with a smirk.

"Don't stay out too late! Have fun!" She chuckled and shut the door behind her.

Damon chuckled a bit and helped me stand up a bit, his arm around my waist to support me. "You okay?"

I gave a small nod and pulled away a bit. "All is good."

"Then we should probably get going. Its a long ride." He mentioned as we began to walk to his car.

Once again, I had no clue where we were heading.
~~

We had the best seats in the whole place!

Damon had taken me to the Swan Lake ballet downtown. Apparently he was able to get them last minute from a friend of his. I quietly looked around with a small smile and saw the lights slowly dim.

I smiled wide when the room went dark and was ready for the show to begin.

Halfway through the show, Damon moved a bit and brushed his leg against mine. I jumped a bit surprised and looked at him. He gave me a small apologetic smile, but didn't move his leg. I blushed in the dark and turned my attention back to the ballet. Then, with gentle hands, I felt him slip his hand into mine and intertwined our fingers. He leaned over and whispered into my ear, "Is this okay?"

I looked at him, our faces so close, and our lips centimeters away. I swallowed and nodded. "Yeah. Its okay."

More than okay, I thought, before we both turned our focus back toward the famous Swan Lake Ballet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaya! Hello guys! I know, its a bit slow right now. But I want to dedicate a chapter for each dance to start off with. But after the next two I think, things will defeinatly speed up a bit! Please keep reading! (Hint: things will get heated up when Damon teaches Desera the TANGO! dont wanna miisss it!) Love ya all who have subscribe and continue to read! Thank you sooo much!

How I imagine Damon and Desera dancing:


Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!