Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Twenty-Two

“So he hasn’t told you ANYTHING? Or at least given you a hint of the song choice?” Candice asked tapping that annoying finger of hers on the lunchroom table.

“For the hundredth time Candice, no he has not!”

Chace laughed and shook his head. “Wonder where he was at this morning. He missed class again.”

“He’s probably planning his moves on how to seduce Desera…” Candice smirked and I rolled my eyes. Unfortunately, my goddamn blush came through.

And I hadn’t even told them we were doing the Tango yet! Imagine what stuff they would be saying then! Nope, don’t have to imagine; I know everything they would say.

“Shut up you two!” I said out loud and shook my head.

“Is that a blush I see?” Chace smirked as he teases me. Crap!

“NO!” I snapped, giving Chace a small punch on the shoulders and quickly got up. “You know what, I’m heading to my study hall now. See you two in last period.” Candice and Chace looked at each other laughing while I made my way out of the cafeteria.

But I couldn’t help have a small smile on my face.
~~

“You don’t have to meet me at the end of this class. We can meet here around sevenish instead.” Damon told me as he stood behind me with his arms around my waist.

We did the lift and I came back down as the music kept playing. “But won’t Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler be angry?” I asked confused as we continued to dance with the rest of the students in the room.

“They won’t be here.” He said against my ear after pulling me in from a turn.

“Why not?” I asked before I skipped away across the floor and then we moved back toward the center of the room.

“Because doing the Tango was my whole idea.” He replied and dipped me. He slowly brought me back up and I gave a small nod.

“Seven it is.”
~~

I laid there on my bed thinking and glancing at the clock every other minute. And I hated myself for it! I wasn’t going to be like those girls who just counted the seconds to go see the person she liked. But deep down, I couldn’t deny that I DID want to go and see Damon again.

It was a risk to have feelings for your dance partner. Why? Because both of you work together and both of you have to dance without any problems. Imagine if there was a problem with the two dancers socially and then when they had to dance, they couldn’t concentrate due to that problem. That equals for a terrible performance.

I shook my head. No. I wouldn’t let myself get carried away with these strange feelings I was having inside. I had to focus, concentrate, and dance.

Dance is my life. There was no other way of looking at it.

I debated on whether or not I should do my homework, but decided against it. I had the dorm to myself since Candice decided to go out with Henry for the whole night. I wonder what it would be like-

No! That’s it! I HAD to do something.

Quickly getting up from my bed I sat on the floor and stretched. After a minute or two of every position I could think of doing, I realized an hour and a half had gone past. The clock read six-fifty. Grabbing my things and slipping on my shoes, I walked out of my room and headed to the studio.

When I reached studio C, I heard music coming out of the speakers. I peeked through the window but saw no one. Hmm…I thought as I frowned and took another look.

“Looking for someone?” A familiar voice said against my neck. My eyes shot open and I jumped. By doing so, I hit Damon’s chest hard with my dance bag. A dance bag that weighed like bricks.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” I said quickly biting my lip as he rubbed his stomach a bit.

He chuckled and shook his head. “It’s fine. I should have known better than to sneak up on you.” He gave me a smirk and opened the door for me. I thanked him and put my things down on the floor as I watched Damon walked over to the stereo and switched the music to tango.

“So why tango?” I questioned as I stood at the center of the room looking at him through the mirror.

But all he gave me was a small chuckle and a smirk. Damnit, I thought.

“I’ll show you your steps first.” He said and stood beside me. Having no other option, I followed his lead.

Half an hour later I had my steps down. Or so I thought.

“No…you have to be more upright during that move.”

I frowned at him and asked, “Because…?”

He gave a small sigh and ran a hand through his dark, sexy, hair. “Because it will make it easier for the lift and twirl.”

My eyes couldn’t get any wider. “WHAT!”

“You’ll do fine. Look, how about we run it through once together and then add on the other parts later.” Before I gave him my answer he was already changing the song. I listened to the song carefully knowing it sounded familiar.

Santa Maria by Gotan Project.” He said as he held out his hand for me. I looked up at his black eyes as he looked into my white hazel ones and carefully let my hand fall into his.

He pulled me close by surprise and I quickly stood up straighter. As we danced I realized every part of our bodies was touching. EVERY part! I gave a small swallow and stiffened.

“Please…” He whispered in my ear letting his lips linger there. I already knew what he was going to say, and I relaxed my body at his command.

Before I knew it, one, of thousands of lifts we were going to do, came and Damon easily lifted me up above his head looking at me. This moment felt so similar to the very first time he surprised me during our last period dance class. Yet, it felt strangely different. As I came down, there wasn’t an inch of our bodies that wasn’t touching the other. Holding me closely, he slid his hands up my thighs and slightly touched my butt. Shockingly, I didn’t mind. And instead, I held his face closer with my arms around his neck and pressed my forehead against his.

We stayed like that for a while. Me half in the air and half on the ground with Damon’s hands on my hips; me having his face so close to mine, either of us could have went in for a kiss.

But the kiss never happened.

“So this is the one who has been taking up all your time.”

I gasped quietly, pulling away from him and turning to face the mysterious female voice.

It was HER. The girl that was flirting with Damon the night he first took me to the Street Night club. I heard Damon sigh behind me and stepped toward her.

“What are you doing here?”

“Didn’t you get my text? The company is flying in tonight and we wanted to know if you were going to do the few shows we have in a couple more weeks?”

“The company?” I heard myself say and frowned at Damon. I knew Damon was in a dance company, but he never once mentioned they were coming to town. Then again, it wasn’t like the two of us were that close.

Not as close as the blonde chick appeared to be with Damon.

“Wait for me outside.” He told the blonde and she narrowed her eyes at me. “Now.” Damon ordered with a strong voice. She shot me one last glare and walked out the door. Damon turned the music off and began to pack his things.

I simply stood there with my arms crossed. What the fuck was going on!

He looked up at me and closed his eyes for a bit. “You were…great. I’m sorry that I have to go right now, but, I have to clear a few things up with the dance company I work for. I didn’t think they would be arriving till tomorrow.” He looked at my pissed off expression and stepped toward me. “Desera-”

“Just GO!” I snapped and looked at my own reflection in the mirror. At first, it seemed like Damon was going to argue, but a honk from a car outside stopped him and made him leave the studio.

This was exactly why relationship’s with dance partners was out of the question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holyyy crap! DRAMA!!! Hahha! Love it dont you! =p A little treat of mine for updating a day late! Anyhowww, I soooo wanna do the tangooo right now! Lol =) Okay, so enough of me blabbering, next update will be soon(I hope) and things will begin to speed up a bit! Keeep readding guys! Love you all who are subscribing! Loveyou all silent readers too!(But dont be afraid to comment, i NEED to know what your thinking!) =)

This is their Tango rutine! Enjoy!

Tango Routine!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!