Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Twenty-Four

Monday came and went by in a flash.

Damon had returned to the dance classes and was as helpful as ever. He walked from dancer to dancer in both of our dance classes and helped each one individually. He gave tips on how to improve certain moves, or ways to make the steps flow better, or little things like, smile every now and then.

Something I clearly need work on.

After our last period on Monday, Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler kept Damon and I for three and a half hours working on different parts of the dances. We mixed it up a bit when things became frustrating, or we needed a change of rhythm. It was also quiet funny to watch the couple fight about certain steps or the way things were going. Damon and I would always look at one another and laugh. But the wife and husband would always make up two minutes max after their arguments.

Tuesday during lunch, Damon surprised us by taking a seat across from me. Chace, Candice and I glanced at each other before Damon asked if it was alright for him to sit there. We had no objections, obviously. Damon was almost two years older then me and all the seniors here, and didn't have to come to school until first and last hour started. Yet he did.

I felt like a little girl getting caught with her hand in the cookie jar whenever Damon caught me staring at him. I would look away casually like nothing happened, but when I looked at him again, he would always send me a small smirk with those precious lips of his.

During our after school practice, Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler told us that we were going to practice the routine for our school performance. Since it seems that we have not been giving it our full attention. So, for the last two hours of our day, we ran the routine over and over and over again.
~~

"Were changing what?" I asked, surprised.

"You know, the lift that comes right before the second to last eight counts. It wont be that hard." Mrs. Stevenler replied with a smile.

"But I thought changes could not be made after you guys informed the judges what steps we were doing." Damon asked, slightly confused as he stood in the middle of the room with his strong arms crossed. I looked at them, only to focus on the subject again when Mrs. Stevenler spoke.

"I threw in there a couple extra dance steps that we are not doing, you know, in case we wanted to change something or take it out. The judges only glance at the sheet to make sure no dance couples are copying each other."

I looked at Mr. Stevenler and he put his hands in the air. "I tried talking to her...its no use."

His wife laughed at him and shook her head. "You do know the 'she' your referring to is standing just two feet away from you right honey?"

"Oh, my dear wife! There you are!" Mr. Stevenler put his hands to receive a hug with an innocent smile. But his wife just slapped his chest and went to turn the music on.

Damon and I on the other hand, were staring at each other with confusion, worry, and a bit of excitement.

"Alright! This is how its done."

Mr. Stevenler lifted Mrs. Stevenler up into the air fast but gracefully. She bent in a weird position above his head as he looked up at her making sure he was supporting the right body parts until she was ready to come down. The move was seductive and graceful. Both things needed for Odile's character in the Swan Lake ballet piece that Damon and I were to do.

How the hell was I going to do both of those things in that lift that Mrs. Stevenler just showed us now?

"Oh don't worry dear. Your lift will come out so much better. I'm a little rusty right now. So no worries!" Mrs. Stevenler said with a huge smile on her face as both her feet landed on the floor.

"N-no...I was just wondering how I was going to do the move at all..." I replied while I caught my breath. Why was I the one to catch my breath when I wasn't even the one who had just been lifted into the air? Ugh!

"You'll do great Desera. Now Damon, did you follow my movements when I switched my hand position?" Mr. Stevenler asked Damon.

Damon nodded and said, "Yes, I did."

"Good. Because if you do it incorrect, it can cause you both injuries."

I swallowed hard and looked at Damon who only stared back at the teacher with determination. "I understand." He said and looked at me with a soft smile. His face changed so quickly, it caught me off guard. Along with his next words.

"Ready?"

"Um..."

He searched my face and took my hand that fitted perfectly in his. "I wont drop you. I promise."

"I-I know that. It's jus-"

"Do you trust me?" He asked me again and looked deeply into my eyes. The question was an easy one: of course I trusted him. The problem was that it wasn't him I didn't trust.

It was myself.

What if I jumped too soon? What if I looked down too quickly? What if I'm too heavy and he loses his grip on me? What if I move the wrong way in the air and cause him to twist his hand? What if I moved my feet too high and make him lose his balance? What i-

"Desera?"

I focused my attention back toward Damon and let a small breath out. "I trust you."

He smiled and nodded as he pulled me close. "Then lets do this." He replied smoothly and took a few steps back to give me space for the preparation move. I positioned myself right and jumped into his arms as he lifted me. But I quickly stiffened and ruined the movement.

We worked on the lift for what seemed to be years, and each time, I failed.
~~

"The move will come with time." Mr. Stevenler tried to comfort me after that nights practice.

"We don't have time." I replied as I put a t-shirt over my sport bra. The night came to an end, and I still haven't mastered the lift.

"Give yourself some credit Desera. You did just learn the step a couple hours ago." Damon commented. I shook my head not satisfied with myself and threw my bag over my shoulder. I walked with Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler toward the exit when Damon's voice stopped me again.

"Can I please talk with you Desera?"

All of us turned to look at Damon who stood by his things, with his arms crossed.

"Mind closing up?" Mr. Stevenler asked.

Damon shook his head. "Not at all." He caught the keys that Mr. Stevenler threw at him before walking out the door and leaving with his wife. I met Damon's black eyes and slowly looked away.

"You didn't trust me...not a single time." There was a hint of hurt in his voice, but his face didn't show it.

"I did, and still do trust you Damon."

"Then why aren't you relaxing in the lift?" He asked.

"I..." I sighed and shook my head. Damon stepped closer and lifted my chin up to meet his gaze and waited. "I don't trust myself. Its not you I don't trust."

"What? That doesn't make any sense."

"Yes it does. I mean what i-" He placed a finger on my mouth and kept it there.

"Please tell me we aren't doing all the 'what ifs'." When I said nothing he shook his head and took his hand away. "Desera, with dance comes a ton of 'what ifs'. But if you worry about each one, and always play it safe...you will never move forward with your dancing."

When you dance, its predictable.

The insult from my first period dance teacher came rushing to me and I closed my eyes forcing the tears back.

"Hey...hey." Damon said softly and touched my face. I blinked away the tears and looked at him. "I didn't mean to make you cry...I just wanted you to know, that your dancing is so remarkable, the 'what ifs' are not worth your time Desera. Really, believe me." He said as he gently stroked my cheek and searched my eyes. I relaxed under his touch and saw a smile begin to form on his lips. "Come on." He pulled my hands and lead me out of the studio.

We walked into the room with swimming pools two minutes later and Damon took his shirt off. My eyes widen, both at his muscular body and at what he was doing.

"What...are you doing?" I asked, watching him walk to the edge of the pool with his shorts still on.

"We are going to work in the pool."

"We? Work? Work what Damon?" I asked, laughing a bit with complete confusion.

"Yes we. Now come on." He said and dived in. I bit my lip and looked down at my outfit. I was already in yoga shorts and a sport bra, so all I had to do was take my t-shirt off.

"Are you coming or what?" He asked with a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes and took my t-shirt off. The water was cool at first, but as I swam around, it warmed up slightly.

"Why are we in here?" I asked him, fixing my hair that was coming out of the ponytail.

"We are going to practice the lift."

"What! Are you crazy! I could-"

He shook his head and stopped me again. "Your not going to drown me if I fall backwards. Practicing lifts in a pool is the perfect thing because our bodies are buoyant and weight less. So to speak. Lifting someone in water is definitely easier then lifting someone on land."

I listened carefully before giving a small nod.

"Plus, I'm hoping it will help you relax more and be comfortable that you wont hurt me in the process of the lift." He concluded and stared at me. I let out a long breath and moved my arms around in the water.

"Okay."

Damon swam over and stood in front of me with his hands on my waist ready for the lift. I bent my knees and gave a half jump before quickly stopping. Damon though, had already begun to lift me, which caused him sink on his back with me on top. We pushed ourselves up laughing.

I laughed at my scared self and Damon laughed...well, I wasn't quiet sure why.

"Okay...lets try that again." He said softly with a smile and once more, placed his hands on my waist. I took a deep breath and jumped. With ease, he lifted me up into the air and I began to do the move Mrs. Stevenler was showing us. I caught Damon's eyes once and smirked.

I was doing it! I was actually freaking doing the damn move she showed us!

When I came back down I was cheering and laughing. "I did it! I did it!! Yes!" I laughed and smiled. Without thinking things through, I threw my arms around Damon's neck and held him tight.

He laughed and hugged me back. It wasn't until I felt Damon's hands on my legs that I realized I had wrapped them around his waist. I froze and slowly pulled back to look at him. His smile was breathtaking and adorable. His black eyes shined with the reflection of my own. He reached out and pulled my face closer to his, and I obediently leaned in. His lips were so close to brushing mine, when my damn phone decided to ring.

Damon froze and blinked a couple times before slowly pulling away and dropping his hand from the back of my neck. Ugh! I wanted to scream, yell, curse, anything to make the phone stop ringing and to have Damon's lips pressed against my own.

I bit my lip, embarrassed and quickly unwrapped my legs from his waist and swam toward my phone. I looked at the caller and glared at it.

"I bet its Candice..." Damon said with a soft chuckle rising from his throat. I looked at him as he ran a hand through his wet hair and quickly looked away after meeting my eyes. "Um...I should probably walk you back to your dorm before she comes out looking for you instead."

"Uh...yeah. Sure." I replied unsteadily and got out of the water. Grabbing a clean towel from one of the bins, I wrapped it around myself and heard Damon come out.

What were we doing? We had bigger things to worry about. Bigger steps and dance coordination to worry about. Still, we were here-in the pool, about to kiss....again. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

One more day gone, one more day to practice for the school performance, and ten more days till the competition.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!! Watcha think!!??
Sorrryyy guys, No internet connection right now so My updates will be a little off!! Hopefully Will get the internet fixed tomorrrow! Please hang in thereeee!!! But while your waiting, if your looking for somthing...more on the rated N-17 side, check my other story Savoring Him! (Also, think im going to start this story up again, She Will Be Loved. Tell me what you think!)

Love you all silent readers tooo! Let me know what ya think though!
Thank you to my new commentor, kshelton2011, and to Erin.Grace. for the feedback!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!