Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Everyone talks right?

Well, everyone was talking on Monday. They talked about the Friday night performance by the dancers. They talked about the after party. They talked about who sucked or who was the best. They talked about who got really drunk during the after party. They talked about who hooked up with who. They talked about who broke up with who.

And of course, there was talk about if Damon and I were a couple- which was not the case!

I sighed and closed my locker waiting for Candice or Chace to show up. After the first bell rang, I assumed they decided to sleep in, and began to walk toward the studio.

But apparently, everyone in the classroom did not expect me to show up as early as I did, because it went dead silent when I stepped into the room. Great, I held back an eye roll and dropped my things in the corner and slid down against the wall. I placed my head in my hands and rubbed my temples.

“They aren’t worth your time Desera.”

My heart beat faster and the headache that I felt coming, began to fade. I raised my eyes and met Damon’s. He looked good like always. The small smirk that played on his lips could make anyone throw themselves at him.

Including myself.

“I know they aren’t…But they are all only five feet away from me during class. It’s pretty hard to ignore them all.” I replied and began to stretch.

“Focus on something else then?”

“Don’t you think I’ve tried that already?”

“Maybe what your focusing on isn’t strong enough to hold your attention.” He said with a light smirk.

I glanced up at him and shook my head. His suggestion was funny, but it was also true. What he suggested was for me to focus on him, not on whatever else I was thinking about. He didn’t have to say it out loud and from his smirk, I could tell that my thought process was right.

Our instructor clapped her hands and we all stood in our spot ready to begin class. But just then, Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler walked in.

“Hello, sorry to interrupt, but we need Desera and Damon if you wouldn’t mind.” Mr. Stevenler told our instructor. She pursed her lips but gave a small nod. “Thank you.” He told our instructor and motioned for us to get our things.

“What’s the matter?” Damon asked when we were out of the room. I couldn’t help but hear whispers and nasty comments while we walked out.

“From now on you two can come to studio C in the morning for your first period instead of your warm up class. That way we can get in more practice and let you guys leave earlier in the afternoon.” Mrs. Stevenler said with a smile like usual.

I nodded and looked at Damon’s reaction. “Sounds good to me.” He replied.

We walked into the other studio and set our things down. “What are we working on today?” I asked.

“Hip-hop!” Mrs. Stevenler cheered.

“Right...” There was no emotion in my voice as I said it and put my hair in a ponytail.

Damon chuckled a bit and walked to the center of the room waiting for me to follow. I shot him a small glare as I stood beside him.

“Alright then, let’s start.” Mr. Stevenler said and turned on the music.

Damon looked at me through the mirror as he danced his solo first. Then, I did the same.

“Stop. Stop! That was TERRIBLE!” Mr. Stevenler yelled and rubbed his head. “There has to be connection. A heat that only you two feel with this piece.”

I blushed and bit my tongue. Heat? Did my teacher just say that? Apparently Damon was thinking the same thing because he coughed and cleared his throat.

“Uh…Why don’t you two just try it again.” Mrs. Stevenler told us and took her husband out of the room after playing the music over again.

A laugh beside me made me jump and frown. “What’s so funny?” I asked, but knew exactly what he was laughing at.

“Nothing Desera.” He chuckled and smiled. “Come on, let’s try it again.”

He stood beside me and did his part. He was more relaxed and his moves were sharper. I took after him and imitated the moves, appearing just as relaxed, and doing my best to keep the moves sharp. He danced closer to me and finally took my hips with his hands and we moved together. I closed my eyes for a bit and let my body follow his movements. I reopened them and saw his eyes staring at my figure through the mirror. I bit my lip but let myself smirk and moved my body closer to his.

Then we separated and did a few more solos before coming together again and ending the dance with his hands on my hips and our chests together.

The clapping noise made us pull apart and turn to look at the couple. “That was excellent! Wow! Way better than what I would have taught!” Mr. Stevenler said with a smile on his face.

“You mean what WE would have done right honey?” His wife said and he chuckled wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

“Of course dear. Now, would you two mind doing that once more before the end of class?”
Damon and I looked at each other knowing the answer. We didn’t mind one bit.
~~

Tuesday afternoon, we worked on the Bachata routine and nailed it each time.

We became so used to our bodies, that it couldn’t even be called muscle memory. When Damon’s body moved to the left, mine was only inches behind it. When his hips moved to the right, mine were right with his. When he twirled me, my body and I trusted him to catch my waist to steady me afterwards.

The only thing that never followed the other…was our lips.

When he turned his face to the right at the same time I did, I either looked toward the left or down. When I stayed still, with my face inches from his, he always seemed to be debating something in his mind, and would eventually look toward the left or right.

But never, did we agree that our lips should follow each other like our bodies did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sooooo...Watcha think!! Lol! I know, not so much exceitment in this chapter, but I was sorta having writers block. But for the next chapter, I know EXACTLY whats going to happen...HOlyyyy crap I really cant wait! Haha!

Also, humanik told me that giving my readers the number of chapters left, brings a sad face to them....So, to all who are sad that THIS story will end, heres some AWESOME news........................THERE WILL BE A SEQUAL, with even more excitment and complications people! (SOO MANYYY COMPLICATIONS! Lol!)
Hope that cheered you guys up!

Thank you to my subscribers as well you guys! Makes me really happy!

Shout out to my lovely commentors like always! Thhank you so much for commenting!
Pigface84
kshelton2011

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!