Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Thirty

“I’m going to break your god damn phone!”

“Go ahead.” I tell Candice while I lied in bed reading a book.

“Ugh! But you love your phone!” She protested.

“Not at this very moment.”

She rolled her eyes and looked at the collar ID with a sigh. We both knew who it was.

Damon.

He had been calling nonstop since last night’s event and continued to call this Thursday afternoon. I didn’t even get the chance to tell Candice what happened because he had already filled her in.

And apparently she was on his side.

“Please, just see what he wants.” She begged. There was a knock on the door and I groaned as I pulled the covers over my head. Candice got up and went to get the door. In a flash my covers had been pulled off and Chace stood there with his arms crossed.

“What in the world is going on with my phone?”

I frowned and crossed my arms as well. “How the hell should I know?” I snapped back.

Chace raised an eyebrow at me and glanced at Candice. “Why aren’t you answering Damon’s calls? Not only is he bugging Candice, but he’s bugging me as well.”

“I keep telling her to just talk to him and see what he wants. But she won’t listen, like usual.” Candice ran a hand through her hair with a sigh.

“You have to talk to him because if you don’t…well I don’t know. He might as well just come here and knock on your door.” Chace told me.

At that exact moment, someone did knock on the door.

Everyone’s eyes, including mine, went wide as we stared at the door. Finally, Candice walked over and opened the door.

“Oh shit.”

Yep. It’s Damon.

“Is Desera here? Please, can I talk with her? Only for a second…” I heard Damon’s voice say. But he didn’t even give Candice a chance to answer because one minute he was behind the door and the next her was standing in front of my bed. “Desera, can I PLEASE talk with you.”

“No!” I yelled and glared at him. “Just because you barged into my dorm doesn’t mean I’ll let you talk to me at all! Now LEAVE!”

Damon shook his head and looked at Candice. I glanced over to her and saw her nod. Why the heck was she nodding?

“Hey Chace, let’s go get you that new phone case that you wanted.”

Chace looked at her with a confused expression until Candice just glared at him. “Okay. Okay, let’s go!”

“What!” I snapped and sat up on my bed.

“Yep, lets definitely go!” Chace and Candice were out of the door in seconds. I mean SECONDS!

I breathed in and out deeply and tightened my jaw. Oh was I going to kill, just KILL them when they got back!

“Go out to dinner with me. Please.” I heard Damon’s voice ask me. I lifted my eyes up to look at him and shook my head. “Please.” He said again.

“No! What is it going to take to make you understand?”

“Look, if I can’t convince you to stay in the competition and be my partner because of what happened yesterday with Percilla, then I’ll inform Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler that we will not be doing the performance tomorrow. Deal?” His black eyes stared at me and searched for any kind of sign on my face.

But I had none.

I simply nodded and looked at the time. “What time?”

“I’ll pick you up in an hour or so. Dress fancier than normal.” He said quietly and walked out the door.
I sighed and rubbed my head. Would someone PLEASE tell me why I said yes?
~~

Damon arrived an hour later like he said he would. He got out of the car and opened the passenger door for me like a gentleman; he was also dressed like one. He wore a black tux and a white dress shirt.

We drove in silence, and honestly, I didn’t mind.

When we arrived to what appeared to be a really nice and elegant restaurant, Damon once more, opened my door and walked me inside. He told the lady his name and she led us to our table. Damon pulled out my chair and let me sit first. I tried to stay mad at him, I really did, but it’s hard when he’s being so humble and…I sighed in my head and just took a seat.

The waiter arrived and we told him what we wanted to drink. He informed us what the houses special was and what was new to the menu before he turned and left Damon and I with more silence.

And silence.

I rubbed my temples and finally spoke. “Start talking Damon.”

“What happened between Percilla and I was absolutely nothing. She kissed me and I did NOT kiss back.”

I looked down at my hands and avoided his gaze. It was none of my business whether he kissed her or not. Damon and I were only dance partners…right?

“Desera…” He said softly and took my hands in his. My pulse sped up and I slowly met my eyes with his. “Please believe me. It was nothing. I don’t even know how she was able to get in. But I promise you, the kiss meant NOTHING to me. Nothing.” He ran his thumb over my knuckles gently and didn’t look away from my face.

I let out a small sigh and nodded. “It’s fine…I’m just your dance partner. I shouldn’t get mad over something like that.”

He frowned and shook his head. “You’re more than just my dance partner Desera. More than just my friend…”

I stared right at him and felt myself freeze. Did he just say what I thought he said? I opened my mouth but couldn’t really let out the words I wanted to.

“Come on, let’s find something to eat.” He told me and handed me a menu. I closed my eyes for a second and then focused my attention on the menu.

After the waiter came and took our order, Damon took my hands again. “What do you want to know?” He asked me. Wow…there was a lot that I wanted to know now that I thought about it.

“What do your parents do?”

I felt his hands tense around mine and searched his expression. Oh no…bad topic already.

“They…uh.” He sighed and shook his head. “My mother passed away when I was five and my father…he fixes cars.”

Damnit Desera! You sure know how to freaking start a conversation don’t you, I yelled at myself in my head.

“I’m sorry Damon…” I squeezed his hand, hoping to comfort him a bit. “I shouldn’t have asked.”

“You didn’t know. It’s okay.” He tried to smile a bit but I could tell it caused him some effort. “My mother always wanted me to dance. Which was why she put me in dance classes the moment I said I wanted to learn. My father obviously didn’t approve but at least he had my brother to help him with things in the garage.”

“You have a brother?”

He nodded. “Yeah. He’s a year younger than me and lives in Arizona last time I checked. My aunt Sarah is really the one who watched my brother and me while my dad was trying to put himself back together after my mother’s death. It didn’t help that I continued to dance behind my father’s back and that my brother wanted to be a doctor and not a person who wants to fix cars for the rest of his life.”

“Where are you from?” I asked.

“I’m from California but when I finally decided to move out, I went to New York. That’s where I found The Walking Dance Company.”

“Wow…” I said softly with a smile. “You’ve accomplished quite a bit then.”

“And it all started on the streets. The first time my mother and I were walking past street dancers in California, I said ‘mamma, I want to learn to dance like that.’ My mother always enjoyed to walk down that ally because everyone welcomed one another and danced for fun. She wanted me to have that exact same thing: friends, fun, and happiness. A week after I arrived in New York, I noticed some street dancers and they welcomed me to join. When I finished my piece a man, who later I found out was a director in the dance company I work for, came up to me and asked me if I wanted a job.”

“Just like that!” I almost yelled with a smile on my face. “That’s incredible!”

He smiled back and nodded. “I had the same reaction as you did.” He said and pulled his hand back when the waiter placed our plates in front of us and then left. “Looks delicious.” He nodded toward my dish.

“I could say the same thing about yours.” I smiled and picked up my fork.

“Enjoy.”
~~

When Damon and I couldn’t eat a single piece more, he paid and helped me out the door.

“The food was wonderful. And so was our conversation.” I said with a soft smile.

“I’m glad to hear that.” He replied and took my hand leading me away from the car.

“Where are we going?” I frowned a bit looking around.

He chuckled and shook his head. “Don’t worry, it’s just this water fountain.”

Water fountain? Why would we be going to a water fountain?

The moon was shining bright and lit up the dark sky. The streets were empty tonight and the city was quiet. I looked around until Damon stopped walking. To my right was a water fountain. Not your typical water fountain that is. It was one where there were holes that let water go up into the air instead of down.

“Dance with me?” Damon questioned and I raised an eyebrow.

“Here?”

“Yeah.” He smiled and pulled my hand. “Dance the Tango with me.”

I blushed a bit and shook my head. “But…were going to get wet.”

“That’s the point.” He chuckled and pulled me close and into the fountain. I laughed and shut my eyes as I felt the water fall on my face. Then, Damon took my waist with one of his hands and lead. I opened my eyes and focused on the steps.

Sadly, I was focusing too much.

“Relax. Enjoy the water falling on you and have fun.” He whispered against my ear and smiled. I nodded and took a deep breath before we continued.

Before we really began to dance.

Near the end, Damon dipped me and held me there for a second with a smirk. His hand slid down my waist and onto my thigh slowly. I took in a small breath and bit my lip as I closed my eyes.

“You’re beautiful.” He said against my face.

Opening my eyes I laughed and shook my head. I stared deeply into his eyes. “I’m as wet as can be Damon! Now you decide to tell me that?”

“Yes.” He said. His voice had so much meaning behind it. So much power. So much passion that my smile and laugh slowly faded. I searched his eyes and then focused on his lips.

He pressed his forehead against mine and held me closer. He pulled me back up till we were standing upright again and tilted my chin up gently. He stared into my eyes and leaned in, but stopped midway.

But I sure as heck was NOT going to let him stop there. Not when our lips were so close to touching.

With my hand that was wrapped around his neck, I tugged it closer and pressed my lips to his. His eyes widen a bit, but in seconds his body relaxed and his eyes closed shut. I smiled against his lips and closed mine also.

His lips moved against mine gently but filled with passion. Passion that built up each time we were near each other. Passion that only got bigger and bigger the more we dance. Passion that, yet continued to grow the more we knew each other. Passion that wouldn’t be going away any time soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know saying sorry a million times does NOT begin to cover how REALLY SORRY I AM! So, instead of having a million sorries on here for updating almost two weeks late, I wrote a LONG chapter! Yyaaya, lucky you guys! Thank you SO much for waiting and hanging in there! Hope you guys enjoyed learning more about Damon...I know I enjoyed writing it!

Holyyyy CRAP! One more chapter.....ONE MORE!!! I'M FREAKING OUT! So much pressure! Lol! (But dont worry, there's a sequal! P.s: with much more romance! =p)

Desera's dress

The water fountain
Image

I cant thank you guys enough for all the comments/recommendations/subscribers! Love you all soooo much! =)

A special shout out to those who write wonderful comments that make me smile all the time!
xlillyx
kshelton2011
holly_

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!