Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Four

Beep. Beep. Beep.
I groaned as I rolled over to turn off the alarm. I sighed and laid on my back staring up at the ceiling.

Who was he? I thought and Candice's soft snores distracted me. I eventually got out of bed and headed for the shower.

A few minutes after, I was ready to go. Candice on the other hand, was still snoring. I chuckled a bit and walked out, letting her get some rest.

When I got to the school campus I was surprised to see a number of people there.

That was until I spotted Damon and all the girls around him.
I couldn't help myself. I laughed, and I laughed loudly. Many people looked at me like I was crazy, but at the moment I didn't care. I laughed shaking my head as I turned the other way to avoid all the commotion around him.

I walked to my first warm up class when I saw Chace trying to hide his hangover behind his glasses. I sneaked over behind him and yelled in his ear.

"Chace! How are you!"

"Fuck!" He covered his ears quickly and whined. "Don't do that!"
I laughed and shook my head. "That's what you get for drinking on a school night! What were you thinking?"
He sighed and rubbed his head.

"Ill see you in class...." He said as he walked away.

"Right..." I said softly and waited by my locker till the first bell rang.

We were getting ready to start the warm up class when Damon decided to walk in. Our instructor told us to begin our warm up steps and walked over to talk to Damon.

I tried to focus on the dance steps but kept looking over to see what they were talking about. Chace was doing a better job! And he has a hangover!

The teacher finally came back and Damon went to his place in line.
A few minutes into the class, she told Damon to come in front to switch with Chace.

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets. I looked over at Chace and saw the surprised look on his face.
The instructor on the other hand, shook her head.

"You should know better then to drink on a school night Chace." She told him.

Chace looked at me and gave me a 'I'm sorry' look before going to the third line.

Meanwhile, Damon was getting used to his space beside me. I rolled my eyes and just stared at myself in the mirror as I did my dance steps till the end of class.

At the end of class I waited till everyone was out and went to talk to the instructor.

"Desera! Something wrong?" She asked. Apparently I didn't hide my feelings well.

"Sort of. You see, I would really like Chace to be my dance partner for this class. I mean, yes he had a hangover today, but I promise-"

"Desera, what I did wasn't just because Chace didn't show responsibility for coming to class like that, but also because I want you to reach your full capacity." She said cutting me off.

"But I can do that with Chace!" I said a little too loud.

"No. You cant. Because your such good friends and have a strong bond, neither of you are out of your comfort zone. And when you dance, its predictable. Now please, try to understand and Ill see you in class tomorrow." She said and walked out of the class.

When you dance, its predictable.

Those words kept repeating and repeating in my head. That was an insult in the dance world.

It took me a couple minutes to gather myself together before heading outside to meet Chace who was standing next to a still sleepy Candice.

"What happened?" He asked as I approached.

"How are you guys feeling?" I asked both of them.

"I'm fine. Now tell me what she told you." He pressed.

"Yeah, Chace just told me that Damon is now your partner! Lucky you!" She smiled and wiggled her eyebrows. But when she saw that I didn't share her excitement, she stopped.

I sighed and looked at Chace. The insult I received was harsh enough for me. And I didn't want him to feel any worse then he already did with his hangover.

"Its just a punishment for drinking. I'm sure she'll get over it soon..." I tried to assure him. He nodded and patted my shoulder.

"Mind taking notes for me in English? Think I'm going to go back to bed." He asked.

"Yeah." I told him and Candice and I headed to our next class.

I was in the library, for my study hall, looking for a book for my English project when I heard many whispers coming from behind a bookshelf. I listened carefully, trying to make sense of what they were saying.

"I know!"

"Shes so lucky! I wish I could be in her place."

"I heard that Damon demanded to have her."

"Really?"

"Why? How did you know?"

"That one time they were talking, you know like the very first day of class."

"Why her! Its not fair!"

And they all continued to complain while I just stood behind the bookshelf shocked.

Demanded to have me?

Who did he think he was! I was furious and slammed the book that I was holding back onto the bookshelf and stormed out of the library with my things.

I walked out to the track field and laid on my back.

So much pressure. School hadn't even really started and I had a million assignments due within a week. I had projects that I needed to be done out of class. My parents were breathing down my neck. And most importantly, I had a dance choreography that I still needed to do! This dance was my key to getting into any famous dance company.

I groaned when I heard the bell ring. With a big sigh, I got up and headed to my last class for the day.

I walked in and saw everyone had already started to stretch. I sighed in relief though when I saw Chace stretching with Candice. I put my stuff down and walked over.

"Hey. How are you feeling? Both of you." I asked as I stretched beside them.

"I'm fine. Relax." Chace told me with a causal smile.

"You better. I cant afford to loose my partner in this class also." I told him sternly.

"Oh come on! Like you don't love Damon by your side during first period." Candice said a bit too loudly, causing a few other to look at us.

Thankfully Damon want here yet.

"I don't!" I yelled at her a bit.

"Don't get pissy on me now..." She warned me. I sighed and shook my head as I did a different stretch.

"Honestly, I don't. I want Chace back as my partner. Not a slacker." I told her.
She rolled her eyes and moved on to talking about her plans with Henry for the weekend.

Both instructors clapped their hands as they walked in to get our attention. But what got all of our attention was to see Damon walking right behind them instead of being late like usual.

"So, today will be the beginning of the no talking policy!" She told us, a bit too excited. Her husband on the other hand chuckled a bit and took the lead.

"Today we will begin basic. Just so you and your partner get used to each other. Tomorrow we will begin to learn new dance steps and dances. Now, please get in your lines." He said with a nod, and we all did as he said.

I smiled a bit over at Chace and he smiled back. This was more like it.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, I froze.

When you dance, its predictable.

The words kept repeating and repeating in my head. I didn't realize what was going on until I felt Chace's shoulder bump into mine. I looked at him confused as I saw the sad look on his face as he switched places with Damon.

Damon!

My eyes widen and I looked at the instructors like they were crazy.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to keep my tone down.

"Mixing things up a bit." The instructor told us with a smile one her face.

"B-bu-"

"Is there a problem?" Our other instructor asked me. And by the tone of his voice, he was not pleased. So I just kept my mouth shut.

"Alright then, class take a hold of your partner and lets start." He told us and went to go play the music.

Everyone was in their spot but Damon and I. I was burning with anger side, while Damon looked like he could be doing better things with his life. It wasn't until our instructors told us both to hurry up and follow along.

I opened my mouth to argue, but a hand around my waist stopped me. He twirled me out and then back in like the rest of the class was doing. I tensed up though when he leaned in close and whispered in my ear.

"It's only a dance step."

I pulled back and stared at him in shock.

How dare he DEMAND to have me as his partner in my morning class! How dare he have me be his partner in this class! How dare he sneaked up on me like he did last night and take advantage of me, even the slightest bit!
And how dare he say, 'It's only a dance step!'

I slapped him. And boy did I slap his face hard. I was breathing hard as I tried to keep myself somewhat in control.

Everyone around us gasped and the teachers stood there waiting to see if anything serious was going to happen.

But instead I glared at Damon, turned around, threw my bag over my shoulder, and walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you likeeee!!! Whats going to happpen nowwww!!!??; pleasee commment my silent readersss!!! I love you alll!
Shout out to my non silent reader! Thank you for reading!!!
Erin.Grace. =)