Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Six

I was furious! This had to be a complete joke. I walked over to the window only to see the instructors drive away.

This was obviously no joke.

I stayed by the window trying to calm down and collect my thoughts when Damon cleared his throat. I turned around to see what he was doing and saw him in our first position of our dance routine. I frowned and then glared at him.

Everything had gone down hill since he came. At least for me anyway. Everyone else seemed to be real pleased with how Damon was helping or suggesting things. How? I have no idea.

"Well?" He said in a snappy tone. My eyebrows rose and I just stared at him. He gave out a small sigh before trying again.

"Should we start?"

I walked toward the stereo and pressed play. As the song
Only If For A Night by Florence + The Machine
played, I walked over to Damon and began our part.

And I had a dream
About my old school
And she was there all pink and gold and glittering
I threw my arms around her legs
Came to weeping, Came to weeping

Then I heard your voice as clear as day,
And you told me I should concentrate,
It was all so strange,
And so surreal,
That a ghost should be so practical.

Only if for a night
And the only solution was to stand and fight,
And my body was bruised and
I was set alight,
But you came over me like some holy rite,
And although I was burning,
You're the only light
Only if for a night


I don't know how far I had gotten into the dance before realizing Damon wasn't dancing. I stopped and crossed my arms waiting.

"Your not dancing." He said shaking his head.

Now I was sick of his bullshit.

"What the hell do you mean I'm not dancing?"

"Your not." He replied in a pale tone.

"Oh I'm not huh? Well then what in the world was I doing."

He shrugged and said, "I don't know, some sort of steps."
My eyes widen in shock.

"Do you not know dances need steps to dance!" I yelled. I was THIS close into leaving. And apparently Damon saw because he stopped going around the bush.

"Yes your following steps, but your not following the music. Your following your head. Dance like you did that one night."

That was a big mistake to say. Big one.

I turned around and went to grab my things but warm hands grabbed my waist and lifted me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing! Put me down!" I yelled kicking him. He put me down once we were back in front of the mirrors.

"They asked me to come to this school for a reason. And that reason is to help their dancer be true and successful." He told me. "But your making that extremely hard."

"That's because I'm the only one who can see what a true jackass you are. Getting all the attention from teachers. Being able go be late. Telling instructors with who you want to be paired up with. Taking advantage of me that night we were dancing. You've ruined everything for me Damon. Everything!" I screamed at him, coming close to tears.

He said nothing though. All he did was stare at my face. And I stared back.

His eyes were so dark they appeared black. But his face, it seemed, looked broken. I was about to open my mouth just as he spoke.

My doe, my dear, my darling,
Tell me what all this sighing's about,
Tell me what all this sighing's about.


"I'm sorry I've caused you so much trouble and difficulties. That wasn't what I wanted to do." He said with a sigh and spoke in such a soft tone, that I had to look away to keep me from feeling sorry for him.

When I looked back at him he was already getting his things and walking out of the door, leaving me alone to the song of Only If For A Night.

Only if for a night.
Yeyeyeye-yeyeyeye-ahhaaaoooh.
Only if for a night.
Yeyeyeye-yeyeyeye-ahhaaaoooh.
Only if for a night.
Yeyeyeye-yeyeyeye-ahhaaaoooh.
Only if for a night.
Yeyeyeye-yeyeyeye-ahhaaaoooh.
Only if for a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Note: The BOLD words are part of the lyrics!I knowwww i knowww short chapterrrr!!! im sorrrryy! lots of things going on right now, but ill try for more sooon!! Hope you enjoy!!! Pleaseeee again comment/subscribe/recommend!!!

Only If For A Night by Florence + The Machine!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=MkJK2KVFsi0[/youtube]