Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Seven

Three days passed with Damon being a no show. It wasn't until he was gone that I realized how much work he had put into this whole thing. Teachers were becoming frustrated with students. Students began to worry or stress. Doubts about not being prepared or having the right new instructors began to rise. Even Chace and Candice were off! They also kept pressing me about what happened the other day when I stayed with Damon after class. I didn't say anything.

I sighed as I began to head to the library for my study hall when a better idea came to mind.

A few minutes later I opened the door to the dance studio half way when I heard music playing. I searched the room and saw Damon.
He was dancing. And when I say dancing I mean like the dancers you see in movies or performing in a professional dance group.

That's when I began to wondering where he came from. And how his dancing career began.

I watched quietly as I set my stuff down.

The way he moved seemed like a wave, flowing gently with no break. It seemed that the whole dance was being improvised. Each step he took was a masterpiece.
I frowned when I saw him stop and bend at his knees to catch his breath.

"What are you doing here?"
His question caught me off guard, seeing as my hiding place was no longer one.

"Um....j-just uh...early for class?" I stuttered. Now why was I stuttering?
I heard him sigh as he stood up and looked at me through the mirror.

"Thirty minutes early?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
I opened my mouth to give him another dumb answer but changed my mind.

"Why haven't you been in class for the past three days?"
He frowned at me through the mirror and didn't answer. Instead he headed to the back of the room to grab his stuff.

"I'm not done talking to you!" I said too loud and stood in front of the mirror, by back facing it. I placed my hands on my hips waiting.
What I didn't understand was why he was walking right up to me with hard looking eyes. Since I didn't understand that, I was caught off guard when he pushed me up against the mirror his face inches from my face.

"Why do you care." He spoke softly, his cologne filling my nose. I swallowed hard and looked away trying to come up with an answer.

"People around here seem to be lost without you apparently." I told him with a shrug.

"I asked why do YOU care. Not why does everyone else care." He said one more time and lifted my chin gently with his hand so I could look him right in the eye.

"I don't know why I care..." I said honestly. This caused him to drop his hand from my chin and take a step back.

"But what I do know, is that I'm sorry. I'm..." I sighed a bit and shook my head as I avoided his eyes. "I'm sorry that I judged you so harshly. I didn't know you had such an impact on everyone here." I said and then looked him in the eye. "But I wont be sorry for slapping you for telling me what you did during class..." I said sternly.
He stood quiet for a few moments trying to decided something.
Something I deeply wished I knew.

He sighed and went to turn on the music.
"Lets see what you know." He motioned me to take my place solo on the dance floor.
I would have argued, but it just wasn't worth it. I nodded and did the steps I knew I could do by myself.

When I finished I looked at Damon to see what his reaction was.
He didn't look pleased.

"What! I did all the steps, no?" I asked confused. I did every step right. At least I thought I did.
He shook his head in disapproval.

"Terribly done."

"W-what! How?" I frowned and crossed my arms.
He just sighed and shook his head. He went over and turned the music off. Then grabbed his things.

"Where are you going?" I asked, a bit pissed off.

"You and I are going out tonight." When he looked at me, and noticed I was lost he chuckled a bit.

"Meet me back here at the studio this afternoon at 8."

"Its a school night. That is not allowed. And where are we going!" I narrowed my eyes.
Sadly, all he gave me was a smirk and opened the door to leave.

"Dress in something," he looked me over deciding. "Fun." He finished and walked out.

I was so screwed wasn't I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo sorrryy im SOOO LATE!! REALLLY SHORT SHORT SHORTTT GOSH I KNOWWW. PROMISE PRMOISE BIGG PROMISE ILL UPDTE AGAIN THIS WEEK. WORKING ON CONTEST STORIES AND NEWWW ONES!!! please be PAITENT

LOVE YOU ALLL. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBEEE!!