Sequel: It's Only You and Me
Status: Complete! Enjoy and tell me what you think! =) (Check out the sequel too!)

It's Only a Dance Step

Chapter Nine

Don’t think…just do.

I quickly shook my head and continued to look for my book. The library was quiet and hardly any kids were in it. This made it perfect to get my paper done once and for all.
‘Desera Murles, please report to Studio C.’
Or maybe not. God damnit! I’m never going to get this paper done!
I grabbed my things and headed to Studio C like the voice on the intercom told me to.

When I got to the studio, Damon, Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler, the happily married couple that taught the last two hours of dance, were already talking. I quietly walked in, a bit confused.

“Um, is something going on?” I asked and set my things down.

Mrs. Stevenler smiled wide. “There sure is dear!”

I raised an eyebrow waiting, glancing at Damon, who for once in his life, seemed nervous.

“I think it may be too soon.” He spoke carefully and looked at Mr. Stevenler.

He shook his head and looked at me. “Nope. It’s the perfect time.” He said.

“Mr. and Mrs. Stevenler, please tell me what in the world is going on.” I pleaded, searching for any clue, but found none.

“You two will be competing in a semi finale for this competition we signed you two up for.” Mrs. Stevenler smiled and clapped her hands.

My eyes widen and I couldn’t move. Competition? Was she freaking serious!

“You seem surprised…” Mr. Stevenler noted, and since I said nothing, he continued. “I was under the impression that Damon had already told you. Given that he was the one who chose you to be his dance partner.”

Now my jaw dropped a bit. There was no way in HELL this could be happening. First, I find out I'm signed up in a competition that I had no clue about. Then I find out that Damon chose me, of all the other amazing dancers in this school.

No, no, no, and NO!

“No!” I yelled and shook my head. “I can’t do this right now. We have the finale piece to work on for the show that will be in almost two weeks! There will be so many people there from high dance companies, and I have to get into one of them! I can’t be dilly dally with some dumb competition!” I placed my hands on my hips.

Mrs. Stevenler gasped and covered her mouth. Were those tears I saw in her eyes? I quickly shook my head and looked away.

“Desera, please, calm down. I’m sure Damon has an explanation to why he hasn’t told you about this. Right Damon?” Mr. Stevenler raised an eyebrow at Damon.

Damon looked at me though, and tried to make eye contact. But I wouldn’t allow it.

“Yes I did.” He said coldly.

“Very well. I’ll leave you two to it then.” Mr. Stevenler and his wife headed out of the studio in silence.

And the silence only continued.

Damon hadn’t taken his eyes off me since I walked in, but I wasn’t going to give in. He had many, no, TONS, of opportunities to tell me about this. Yet, he didn’t. How else did he expect me to react?

“What do you think?” He asked in such a casual voice it made my head want to explode.

“What do I think! Is that really what just asked me?” I finally looked at him and glared. A small flash of hurt appeared in his eyes but quickly faded.

“Yes.” He replied and his jaw tightened.

“Well, what the hell do you think is going through my head right now huh? Why don’t you take a wild guess!” I snapped and crossed my arms.

He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair. “Look, I know you’re mad. But I had my reasons.”

“Mad doesn’t even begin to cover what I’m feeling right now. And reasons? What could those reasons have possibly been that were so terrible that you had to keep from me.”

“Your dancing was predictable.”

I closed my eyes tightly and died inside.

There it was again. Those four words that could kill a dancer. I should have known. The teacher would have said something before Damon had come along if my dancing wasn’t good. I didn’t understand till now that Damon was the one who planted that seed in the instructors mind.

I tried to keep my breath calm and tried to stay under control. But god damnit was it hard! All I needed right now was a punching bag and give it a few hits.

“Desera…” I heard him speak my name gently as he placed a hand on my cheek. I snapped my eyes open and slapped his hand away.

“How dare you! If you truly knew anything about the dance world, you’d know those words could kill someone here. You say them and then act as if nothing happened.” I held back tears and glared.

“What else did you want me to tell you? A lie?”

“No, because that would definitely not be you right?” I replied harshly.

“I didn’t lie to you. I just chose to not tell you what was happening at the moment.”

“Oh really? And when were you planning on telling me?”

He looked away and put his hands to his sides. “Last night at the club.”

Oh crap. The club, I thought. The night we almost kissed and the night were I let go for a small moment of my perfectionist self.

“Please, you have to do this. It means so much to Mrs. Stevenler. You should have seen all the trouble she went through to get us-“

“Fuck you.” I yelled at him and went to grab my things. Things were not making sense. I had a finale that I needed to practice for and it needed my full attention, yet the married couple wanted us to do a competition in the middle of it all. Then Damon decides to choose me of all the other freaking dancers here, but still says, ‘Your dancing is predictable.’ Someone just please explain to me what the hell is going on!

“Please let me explain.” I heard his voice soften, but I closed the door behind me and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tadaaa!!! Bravoooo. Lol. Two chapters from two different stories in one day! Thats my new record! Lol! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. There is tons more drama to come! and a little more lovey lovey stuff! =p

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!