Status: In Progress :)

A Little More Than A Walk In the Park

Walking With the Dead

Gena’s POV

Wow. This girl is one of the most grateful people I have ever met in my life. After the four of us gave her a necklace dedicated to Jimmy, tears of joy slid from the corners of her eyes. She threw her arms around me, squeezing tighter than anyone else ever had before. I hugged her back tightly, kissing her cheek, mixing my own tears into her dirty blonde hair. Throughout the entirety of lunch, she repeatedly thanked us all, and muttered something about wishing Jimmy was her to see this…………

After splitting the check four ways, we said our goodbyes until the party later on. We walked out to the car, with our arms linked together. Delaney looked at me once we were settled in the car, smiling contently. “So, where to next?” I said. “I can’t take you home just yet. And we have some time before we have to start getting ready”. She smiled brightly, her green orbs glistening in the afternoon sunlight. With the exception of her hair, she could be Zacky’s miniature twin. They were so alike; their personalities are the same, they both have this unbelievable ability to make people smile. They are two of the most comforting and kind siblings I have ever been in love with.

She looked out the side window, as I turned the car on. “There’s just one more stop I’d like to make, if that’s okay?”. She pointed towards the other side of town, and I knew exactly where she wanted to go.

_____________________________________________________________________

Turtle’s POV

Zacky’s house was a fucking castle. Big and white, guarded by steel gates painted black, it was intimidating, almost scary-looking. Vic led us to the front door, which bore a skull with bat wings for the knocker. The Deathbat….. that shit’s sick. As we got closer to the door, Pantera blasted from the other side, signifying that the guys were hard at work, preparing for the party. Matt opened the door, a tall and muscular guy, with tattooed arms, and bright green eyes. He smiled upon recognizing Vic.

”How’s it goin’, man?” Matt said, shaking Vic’s hand. “Very well. Thanks, dude. This is Jaime, Mike and that’s Tony” he said pointing to me. I nod and smile at Matt, who nods back. “Come on in” he says, holding the door open. Walking in made me feel better, because even though his house was full of skeletons and Marilyn Monroe, it was comforting to me. Sitting at the big black piano was a skeleton. The coat hanger was a skeleton. There was a statue of another skeleton, standing inside the door, presumably a key holder. On the wall immediately in front of me hung a picture of Marilyn, half of her face a skeleton.

”She’s a huge inspiration for me” said a voice over my shoulder. I turned around to see a shorter man, also covered in tattoos. His eyes were even more green than Matts. His ears were stretched…… Maybe a zero?? I recognized Zacky anywhere. A smile spread across his face. “How’ve you been, man?” he asked shaking my hand. “Not bad” I replied. “How’s life been treating you?”. He turned and walked towards the bar, me following behind him as he motioned for me to follow suit. “Awesome. Miss touring a little, but the new record’s nearly finished”. He opened a couple of beers, handing me one. “I just cannot believe Delaney’s eighteen today. Where’d the time go? Haha…. Tony?”.

Beer in hand, I was already over in front of the wall unit, where silver picture frames sat like a king on his throne. Inside the picture frames were several people I recognized and several I didn’t. One picture was of Zacky, Matt, Brian, Johnny and Jimmy. I smiled at the sight of Jimmy, silently mourning the loss of a legend. I saw another picture of Zacky with his wife, it appears. “She’s beautiful” I say to Zacky, pointing at the picture of him and his wife. “Yeah…. she’s definitely a keeper”. Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention, and held it. A ray of sunlight fell onto the silver picture frame, inside of which held a picture of Zacky, his wife and a younger female. This other girl had eyes identical to Zacky’s and long dirty blonde hair. She was dressed in a short sundress in the picture and she was smiling as Zacky’s wife kissed her cheek. She was even more beautiful…… She was fucking gorgeous.

“Dude? Are you—- ahh, yeah, that’s my sister. Pretty, isn’t she?” he asked. “Beautiful” I muttered.

_____________________________________________________________________

Delaney’s POV

Climbing out of the car was a task by itself. I told Gena I wanted to stop here, and I can barely take a step forward. I didn’t know it was going to be this hard. And, it’s not like I haven’t been here before. Okay, deep breaths…. one foot in front of the other. You can do it, Delaney.

Gena took my elbow as we started walking down the gravel path. The sun had began to set, so this place was illuminated beautifully. I couldn’t resist but look around at all the grass, which turned orange. Wow…. gorgeous. We made our way to a familiar place… a place of pain, liberation, life, death. I found the place, and my feet guided me to him. I knelt down and put my hand to the cold, hard stone that marked the end of his life. I closed my eyes, as tears threatened their invasion in the corner of my eyes. “I miss you, Jimmy” I whispered. Gena bent down next to me, placing her hand on his headstone, and wrapped an arm around me for support. “We all love you, so much, Jim” she said, closing her eyes, too.

“I need your help tonight, Jim. I need you to be at my party, and push a good guy in my direction” I say, smiling. “Make sure he’s a sweetheart, who’s going to take care of my little girl” Gena says, squeezing her arm tight around me. “I’ll give my approval of course” she says, winking at me. I smile back at her. “Just give me Mr. Right” I say to Jimmy. I gently place my lips against the headstone, and mutter “I love you”.

Walking back to the car, I knew Jimmy was with me…. and I knew he was going to do what I asked him.