Status: In Progress :)

A Little More Than A Walk In the Park

The One

Delaney’s POV

Oh, my god. He’s fucking perfect.

That’s all I could remember thinking, as Gena ran her hand down my back, snapping me into reality. I looked over at her, as she smile, and nudged me towards Tony. I stumbled a little, as Tony reached out an arm to protect me from falling. My cheeks flushed as I realized what I just did. “I’m sorry” I said to him, looking down at my feet.

“It’s okay, D. Don’t be sorry. I saw she shoved you a little bit”. I turned around to glare at Gena, who was whispering something to Zacky. She noticed my eyes and smiled apologetically. I turned back to Tony, and smiled at him.

“So, you play guitar in Pierce the Veil, right?” I asked him, playing with the hem of my dress. He smiled and nodded.

“Yes, ma’am, I do” he said, putting his beer on the table next to him. “Your brother has been one of my idols since I first started listening to Avenged, way back in 2004”.

”Yeah… I’ve been around it since the day I was born. He used to sing me to sleep when I was younger. Occasionally, he’ll still do it” I said smiling at him.

”Aaww, that’s really sweet” Tony said, genuinely. “I wish I had done something like that for my little sister. My dad used to do that….” His voice trailed off as he began to look uncomfortable.

”Are you okay?” I asked, subconsciously grabbing onto his bicep. I hadn’t realized that I had done so, until he looked down at my hand on his arm, smiling, and touched my hand. His touch sent another shock wave down my spine. I blushed, and pulled my hand away. “Sorry” I mumbled.

”Don’t be” he smiled.

”D! Baby Vee!” I heard someone call from behind me. I turned around to see Brian, motioning me towards him.

”I’ll be right back” I assure Tony. He winks at me, as I turn to walk away.

”You’ve gotta meet a couple people!” Brian shouts. The music was blasting, but I could tell he wasn’t just shouting because he thought it was impossible to be heard over all the commotion. He was already wasted. I chuckled, as Brian leaned on my shoulder, directing me to a group of new faces.

_____________________________________________________________________

GENA’S POV

”No” he said, sternly. This was not going to be easy for him to accept.

”Zack, I took her to Jimmy’s grave site today. She pleaded that he would find her a decent guy, and that he would bring this guy into D’s life tonight” I said, rubbing his back through his shirt. I had taken him up to our bedroom, partly because I couldn’t even hear myself think. Partly, because I wanted to discuss this with him in private.

“Gena, she’s my little sister. The only real family I have left in this world. I can’t let some guy, particularly Tony, sweep her off her feet and take her to Neverland” he said, looking down at his hands, sitting folded in his lap.

“Okay, now, you’re being over-dramatic. You’ve known this kid for how long, now??” I asked.

“About 8 years” he answered.

“Exactly. Why wouldn’t you trust him? Didn’t you see how happy she was when they were talking?”

“They weren’t talking. They were flirting” he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Again, my point is proven” I said. “Babe, she’s growing up. Legally speaking, she’s an adult. She knows what’s good for her”. I lay my head down on his shoulder as I try to make him understand. “She needs someone like him in her life”.

He turned to me. “He already told me he likes her”.

I sat up. “What? When?”.

“When you took her out. All the guys showed up a little early. He started staring at the pictures I had out on the wall unit. He couldn’t stop saying how beautiful she was…..”.

“Just like you did with me” I said. Zacky realized the truth to what I was saying. He perked up, then turned to look at me.

”Now, you know what they’re both feeling” I said.

“Yes, I do” he said, hugging me close to him.

_____________________________________________________________________

TURTLE’S POV

In person, she was even more beautiful. I stood waiting for Delaney to return, getting lost in my own thoughts. She touched me… she fucking touched me. She actually cared that I had a flashback to my father. No one ever does that. Stephanie never really did. But, I can’t move too fast. And what will Zacky think? I don’t want to ruin our friendship. He knows me well enough….. I wouldn’t dare hurt his sister. I’d kill myself before doing something so low.

Something bright came into my line of sight. Delaney was walking back towards me in her little green dress. God… she was absolutely beautiful. She stopped about 3 feet away from me.

“Hey” she said, with a smile. In her hand was a Red Solo Cup.

”Hi” I smiled back. “Whatcha drinkin’?”.

”Oh. Haha. It’s just soda. I don’t drink alcohol” she said, motioning to the people standing behind her.

”Straight-edge?” I giggled. She stuck her tongue out at me.

”Yes, straight-edge” she said in a mocking voice. “And vegan, too”.

My jaw dropped…. okay, she was even more perfect for me, now. “I’m vegan, too!” I shouted. Her face turned to a look of disbelief, and then back to a smile.

”Seriously?” she said, moving closer to me.

”Yeah!” I said. She started to giggle.

”That’s awesome, Tony” she said, looking down at her silver heels, then back up innocently at me. Yes, it fucking was awesome.

”Hey. Do you wanna see our movie theatre?” she asked me.

“Definitely!” I said. She turned around and started walking towards the rear of the house. In the kitchen, she reached a door, leading down to the basement. It was a really cramped space, and I had very little room to move. “Jesus. These stairs could take off my head” I said.

She giggled, and said “Come on. Almost there”. I followed her into a dark hallway, illuminated by medieval fire holders.

“This is so cool, Delaney” I said, complementing the torches.

“Yeah. Zacky allowed me to add my own little spice to the basement” she said, finally reaching another doorway. “Okay, you ready?” she asked, in a joking voice.

I laughed at her adorable impressions. “I’m ready” I said. She opened the door, and I gaped at what I saw. There were about 10 rows of seats, but the seats weren’t normal movie theatre seats. They were different colored beanbag chairs. Down on a slope was an enormous screen, covering the entire span of the wall. The red walls were decorated with vintage movie posters. I recognized one the fastest.

”Oh, my god. This is from the very first Star Wars movie!” I shouted, pointing at it. Delaney looked at me.

”That one was my favorite of them all” she said, getting closer to myself and the poster. I turned and tried not to look too shocked.

”You like Star Wars?” I asked.

She looked down at her feet, again. “I love Star Wars, Tony”. She points to the poster, again. “This is the greatest movie to have come out since The Wizard of Oz” she said.

I didn’t know what else to say. “I fucking love Star Wars”.

She giggled. “You should see my bedroom”.

Hopefully, I will in the near future.