Just A Small Wolf

Chapter One: Another Day or So I Thought

My eyes flickered over the area once more, confirming no sudden movements. The wilted autumn leaves were calm like always as I felt a small breeze begin to run through my thick, pale fur. I felt the leaves crumbling under my paws as I dug them further into the ground. The forest floor was covered in amber-coloured leaves as the branches had begun to look bare without their usual green display. My eyes peered around the tops of the trees, noticing the beams of light shining through the treetops. This had only occurred during the colder months as the trees shed allowing light to pass through the canopy.

Being sent out on patrol definitely was not my favourite part of being a werewolf. I didn’t usually have to do any duties that involved possible combat. I wasn’t necessarily an omega–everyone knew I wasn’t–but my size made it seem so. I was definitely the runt of my pack being 6 or so inches smaller than the rest of the wolves. I looked back towards the small village my pack lived in, remembering how fun it was. I had only been on patrol for a few days but I could not stand it. The only reason I was sent out was as a punishment for staying out way past my curfew.

Mother and Father weren’t pleased to find out I was out a boy’s house all night although I was with my best friend, May and her boyfriend, Felix and Adam. We hadn’t done anything bad, just sat around. I thought back to Adam. His eyes, his hair, his body. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I lay down, resting my head on my paws as I looked around dismally. I was aware I should have been paying more attention but I didn’t bother since I was patrolling the quietest part of our territory. I closed my eyes slowly as I let my thoughts drift off. Adam came to mind immediately.

There was something about him that had always given me this stupid smile on my face. We’d been friends for four years and kept ourselves to a small group of people. He was always there but he just seemed to friend-zone me every time I tried to flirt. I sighed at the thought of that. I tried not to think of it as I pushed my thoughts into another topic. My mind drifted further away from the real world. Further and further until I had fallen into a light sleep. It was very irresponsible of me but I knew there wouldn’t be any risks.

My sleep was abruptly interrupted by a heavy weight of my shoulders as I was rolled over by a set of paws. “Sleeping on patrol, hm?” a deep voice questioned amusingly. My eyes flew open as my heart began to race. A large black wolf had me pinned to the ground as he leaned over my small wolf body.

“Shit,” I swore.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is just a small introduction to the story.
If you like it let me know!
If not just tell me.

Hope you enjoy!
-Sarah Cerulean.