Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Ten: Falling Together

I arrived at Adam’s large white house quickly and nervously walked up the steps leading to the front door. I softly knocked my knuckles on the wooden door and waited for a response. After moments the door swung open and Adam revealed himself. He wore casual clothing today but I liked it. A white t-shirt with a print of The Wombats and a pair of faded skinny jeans. I had always adored his sense of style. “Hey, Cass,” he said in excitement. I wasn’t sure how this visit was going to go but I knew I was going to try as hard as I could to not allow it to be awkward.

Adam reached out of a hug as he pulled him into him. I hugged back feeling nervous but this time it lasted longer. “Where are your parents?” I asked curiously I had visited Adam’s house before and each and every time I’d receive a very enthusiastic greeting from his parents.

“Not home,” he told me casually. Oh God. We were home alone. Alone. I walked into his house as he gestured and walked through into the lounge room. We both sat on the couch and began watching some anime on his TV. We were acting as we always did but as the episode went on I could feel the tension growing. We both stayed silent though for the entire episode but as the next began Adam paused the DVD.

“What?” I questioned looking at the paused TV.

“About earlier,” Adam began slightly edging closer. I could feel the butterflies consume me again. I looked into his eyes shyly, “I just want you to know that-“ he attempted to say before choking on his own words. “I want you to know that-“ he tried again. I could tell he was finding this difficult. Adam moved his has hand so it held him up next to me. “I… Cassandra…” he was stalling again and I actually found it rather funny. He looked down and sighed feeling disappointed in himself, I placed my hand in his as he looked back up sharply. “I’m in love with you,” he told me breathlessly.

My entire body froze. “But…” I began. I could see Adam staring at me, with an admiring smile. “But you’ve always friend zoned-“ I began before being interrupted by Adam lips again. They felt so smooth again mine, so gentle. It was much gentler than Hunter’s kisses. It was like out lips fit together perfectly. His hands ran up my hips and sat on my waist before travelling back to my hips. I smiled against his lips as he pulled my hips closer to him. Our kissing grew deeper and I could tell he was enjoying it as I climbed onto his lap quickly whilst wrapping my arms around his neck. His teeth dug into my bottom lip as I let out a small moan. I could feel his smile as he bit down again, harder this time. I let out another moan and wrapped my legs around his body.

Adam pulled away for a moment to look me in the eyes. “Do you want to erm, go up to my room, in case my parents get home?” he asked nervously as I felt him tense up between the thighs. I knew what he was asking but I couldn’t go there, not yet anyway. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved him but I had never been sure if I was ready for sex or not.

“No, Adam,” I laughed softly. He looked up at me quickly realizing what I said.

“No? Oh, I’m erm, really sorry, I didn’t mean it like-“ he began, “I just meant... like... not sex,” he continued nervously. Oh. I felt pretty stupid for thinking he wanted to sleep with me but I shrugged it off and began walking to his room.

Nothing really happened in Adam’s room. We just made out a lot. It wasn’t just making out though; it was as if we were catching up for all the years we didn’t show our attraction for each other. As if our feelings exploded. Hunter didn’t come across my mind once the entire time, just like out on the street. Everything felt perfect, like nothing else existed and although it sounds clichéd it was the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure.
~Sarah