Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Twelve: Clashing

“He… loves you…” Hunter whispered to himself in obvious disappointment.

“Hunter…” I said just as quiet whilst trying to get his attention. He didn’t look up at me at first but as soon as he got out of his thoughts his gorgeous eyes met mine. He shook his head as if I had done something wrong and began to leave. “Hunter,” I called, grabbing his arm and dragging him back.

“Don’t make this hard for me…” I told him with a shaky voice. I didn’t want to upset Hunter, and I did have real feelings for him, but that was WHY I needed to tell him about what happened with Adam.

“No, it’s fine…” he said removing my hand from his arm. My emotions were in a mess but there was nothing I could do about that. I was torn between a bad boy and an angel. It’s a classic story and one that I had never hoped to be involved in. Girls may fantasize about the whole, love triangle. The idea of two guys fighting over them, having both boys wrapped around her finger could be appealing to many people. But I hated it. I hated having to choose between the boy I love and the boy I can’t get enough of.

By this time, Hunter was already walking out the front gate of my yard without even looking back. I couldn’t tell if he didn’t care or if he was acting like it was fine. I watched him vaguely as he walked through the gate and in the direction of the forest. I was so addicted to Hunter, yet so in love with Adam. My brain went into break down. Hunter’s body, his eyes but Adam’s ability to get along with me and his hair, it was all too much. The way Hunter often teased me, but then the way Adam made me feel like I was on top of the world.

As I walked back in the house, in a complete daze I heard the phone ring. “Hello?” I responded slightly puffed after sprinting through the house in order to answer the phone.

“Hey babe,” I heard Adam’s unexpected voice say.

“Oh, hey,” I replied, still feeling awful about what I had done to Hunter.

“Did you want to hang out today?” he asked thoughtfully, his voice full of love. I didn’t respond as Hunter’s vulnerable eyes took over my vision. “Cassie?” he requested, realizing I hadn’t heard him.

“Uh, yeah,” I told him without really knowing what I was agreeing to.

“Okay, I’ll be there in five,” he teased before hanging up.

“Well, shit,” I mumbled to myself before running up quickly to my room, and getting changed whilst quickly brushing my hair. My thoughts weren’t exactly focussed on anything at that point, and I had completely forgotten about the incident with Hunter that occurred only moments before. My body froze as I pulled my hair one side. I now knew he actually had feelings for me, I could confirm it. But the problem was, now that I could, everything back at home was going so well. Both scenarios had worked out, but now they conflicted with one another. My thoughts began spiralling before being interrupted by a knock at the door. “I’ll be there in a sec!” I responded as I ran down the stairs, struggling my t-shirt on.

“Well, hey, beautiful,” Adam’s said quickly as soon as the door opened. I felt myself blushing as I let out a small giggle. I could see him smile as I looked back up at his gorgeous face. I had never felt like this. Adam had always seemed so distant to me, like he was always out of reach. It was a strange concept but now that I finally had him, I couldn’t control my emotions. “What do you want to do today?” he asked with a devilish smile. I thought for a moment, but before I came up with an idea, the ordeal with Hunter entered back into my mind.

And for the first time, I thought of Hunter whilst in Adam’s presence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M NOT SURE IF CHAPTER 11 UPLOADED.
But alright.

So erm, this is short but Allie really wanted a chapter. THIS IS FOR YOU, ALLIE.

Thank you so much to everyone who has subscribed and stayed with me from the beginning or even newer subscribers. I love you all. <3

Over and out. ~Sarah.