Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Two: Surprise Little Wolf

The weight of the large wolf was immense. His black fur slightly hung over his face as his sharp eyes inspecting my features. He hinted a little confusion while shifting his body weight a little. “You’re so small,” he chuckled. My mind was going crazy. I had no chance, I knew that. I was as good as dead. Although he had lessened the weight he had been forcing down on my body I could feel my shoulders being crushed.

“Are you going to fucking kill me or what?” I asked rather harshly. I heard him laugh again. He was definitely making me angry. I bared my teeth trying to seem intimidating but he laughed again. I was getting impatient and though my tone may have sounded confident I was far from it. The pain on my shoulders increased as I closed my eyes, preparing myself for death. I didn't want to die that day; I had so much more to live for. I waited for the black wolf but nothing happened. I felt his weight shift completely off me as he lay down next to me.

“You’re so adorable and small,” he laughed again, almost giggling. I didn't respond but instead stared straight up to the sky, where he had left me. I had could have died. I shouldn't have been out there. My shoulders still ached from his weight as it almost felt like he was still there, his paws digging in my skin. “What’s wrong, little wolf?” he asked casually. I shot him a horrified look. What’s wrong? I nearly got killed by a huge black wolf twice my size, dickhead.

“Why didn't you kill me?” I asked quickly as I stood from the leafy forest floor. He gave me a curious look.

“Why would I?” he asked, also getting up to his four canine legs. He slowly moved closer to me. “Shift,” he ordered. I barely knew this guy but I didn't want to anger him. He could easily kill me; I was scared. I walked behind a nearby tree and shifted, putting on a basic t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts. As I walked out from behind the tree I noticed he had done the same and had changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. “Wow,” he mumbled to himself as I walked into his sight. I could have said the same about him but I kept my eyes down, away from his figure.

“What is your name?” I ordered trying to keep my eyes on his.

“Hunter,” he stated simply, “and what’s your name, gorgeous?” he flirted, quickly darting his eyes down my body. I didn't allow my eyes to leave his but God, was it tempting. I was flattered by his commented but his personality agitated me. I didn't accept any attraction I had towards him.

“Cassandra,” I responded angrily. He smiled at the mention of my name but I wasn't buying it.

“Well, Cassandra,” he began as I looked over the trees. It was getting dark, I had to go.

“Shit, I have to get back,” I said quickly before shifting back to my wolf form. I ran back to the small village my pack lived at. Winding in and out of trees I barely made it back to my house in time. As I ran through the door I saw my parents looking quite disappointed. Mother had her hair tied back firmly to ensure it wouldn't hang over her face as she cooked some dinner. Father sat on the couch, reading the paper.

“Ugh, you’re late again, Cassandra,” Mother complained as I panted.

“Sorry, Mother!” I exclaimed using what breathe I had left.

“How could you be late? I expected you to be early, I thought you hated patrol,” she told me. I expected her to do this, never happy with me. She looked at me curiously but said no more. I ignored her glares and walked up the stairs to my room. I threw my body onto my bed and allowed my mind to go wherever it desired.

As much as I hated it my mind kept wondering back to Hunter. I was more scared if anything. He could have killed me, right then and there but he didn't. I could barely sleep. The thoughts of him were haunting me. What if he had killed me? What would have happened to me? Slowly and eventually I drifted off to sleep.

As I woke up I knew I had to go on patrol again. Just one more day and then I could go back to my normal life. I began to walk out the door before remembering Hunter.

What if he came back?
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Three subscribers!
Thanks so much guys!
And here you are, the second chapter.
It's short, again, I know, sorry about that.

Anyway, hope you like it!
-Sarah Cerulean.