Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Three: The Return

I walked back to the forest, to the exact same spot as yesterday. A new layer of leaves had fallen to the forest floor as they too crunched under my canine feet. The weather was colder than the day before as I felt a stronger wind flow through my fur. I had to force my body to go on further. I was worried. Hunter could kill me, easily yet I was so curious about him. I hated thinking about him, about his body. It angered me.

I soon arrived to the same location I had been going to for the past six days. I looked around to notice the same still nature from the trees down to the ground. I wondered when Hunter would be back. If he would wait it out or arrive early. Then I realized he mightn’t come back at all. I scolded myself quietly as my thoughts came to a halt. All this time I had been expecting his return but there’s a HUGE chance he won’t even come back for me.

I sighed as I stopped my feet moving through the dense forest. I began running the patrol procedure through my head as I followed each instruction. I scanned the area carefully and confirmed no sudden movements as I checked off the list in my mind. The only difference with today and the last few days was the wind that had picked up causing leaved to fly around my body. There really wasn’t much to patrol, you just kind of sit there and guard an invisible line. Next step, listen for any movements. I gave up on this quickly due to the howling wind wasn’t allowing me to hear much else.

I walked over to a nearby tree and curled up in a small crater the tree’s roots had created. My heart was racing as I remembered my previous thoughts. The thoughts about Hunter pinning me down, how he could have killed me with ease. I tried to steer my thoughts away from him and back to Adam but whatever I did it was always Hunter. It wasn’t because of any attraction–maybe a little–but because of fear. Yet I wanted to see him? It was madness. I closed my eyes gently feeling the cool breeze run through my fur. “Little wolf,” I heard a strangely familiar voice call.

My head jerked up even though his occurrence was expected. This time he didn’t attack me he simply strolled over to my body. His thick black fur brushed against mine sending chills down my spine. “Hunter?” I questioned stupidly. He let out a small chuckle.

“Shift,” he ordered in the exact same tone as the previous day. Again, I walked behind a tree to shift and when I got back he had put clothes on as well. “Hm,” his sighed as he eyes swept across my body again.

“Can you not?” I asked harshly.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he apologized sarcastically doing it again to annoy me. I narrowed my eyes. He walked closer to me studying my face. His jet black hair was in a rough comb over, reflecting on his wolf figure. I felt my heart begin to beat faster as I felt Hunter’s breath on me. “You’re beautiful,” he complimented standing very close to me. I took a step back, refusing his compliment.

I didn’t want to get involved with someone like him. Yes, I knew his type; the bad boy that every girl falls for. Well, too bad for him I don’t fall for the bad boy. I had Adam, gorgeous Adam. Yet my eyes finally dragged over Hunter’s body. As I gazed back at his face his eyes dragged back up to mine. “No,” I stated simply backing away further. His mouth tilted up into a devilish smile.

“Is something wrong?” he asked with a laugh.

“What do you want with me?” I asked quickly. There must have been a reason he had returned today, he didn’t seem like the kind of guy who just wonders around aimlessly. He has purposes.

“Why do you assume I want something with you, beautiful?” he flirted once more. Although I could tell he was being cheeky I knew there was some concern in his tone.

“Stop doing that-“

“Doing what?” he asked before I got to finish my sentence. He smirked at me again while walking closer. He pushed a piece of hair out of my face before speaking again, “I don’t want anything with you,” he told me, inches away from my face. I slapped his hand out of the way and stepped back further.

“I’m not buying it,” I told him angrily, turning away from him. He gave me another curious look.

“Not buying what?” he asked in a more serious tone.

“This bullshit!” I yelled causing him to flinch. “What do you want?” I ordered again.
“Nothing! I just… I don’t know. You intrigue me,” he told me. His face showed seriousness about this statement, it was unusual. “You’re so small, but sent out on patrol,” he laughed, “you’re so feisty yet so beautiful,” he said softening his expression. I felt my body heat up as my cheeks turned into a light shade of pink. I refused to accept any flattery as I hid my face. I heard him move even closer as I brought my eyes back to his body.
♠ ♠ ♠
ELEVEN SUBSCRIBERS?! WHAT.
Thank you guys so much! You don't understand how much that means to me! RAAAH.
Alright, do we like Hunter? Comment if you do or not!

Again, thank you!
-Sarah Cerulean.